+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Applications Estimated at 24 Months?

Somaru-chan

Jan 20, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
I just read the article. It makes a lot of sense now. It's actually quite frustrating. I know quite a few people who have their entire file complete (BG check and eligibility)...but they have yet to receive PPR....simply because they are Quebec applicants.
I’m in the same situation now, all completed on tracker for almost a month and no copr nor PPR just because our destination says Quebec :(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

AdPaul

Aug 12, 2023
Ok everyone I am going to put up a theory here.
Legault and la CAQ are putting French as a condition for immigration a priority.
The only categories of immigration he as no real constitutional right to enforce that, is family sponsorship.
He is trying to get this competency to the provincial government (which Ottawa is not going to allowed).
I believe that what he tries to do is to settle French as a condition to obtain a CSQ in the family sponsorship program with federal government. Marc Miller has already started to urge Legault to do something about the quotas, and Quebec is going to use it as a bargaining money.
To resume, stay tuned for the next couple of months (especially in September start of parliamentary work in QC) this situation might evolve for those in the pipeline.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
The thing with your theory is that people still get CSQ approved but get stalled at the end of the application process. IRCC themselves follow the quotas.

AdPaul

Aug 12, 2023
The thing with your theory is that people still get CSQ approved but get stalled at the end of the application process. IRCC themselves follow the quotas.
Yes but Legault could raise the quota numbers in exchange of the French condition

Reactions: Xilikon

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
And then it will discriminate against those who didn't speak or learn French yet like many countries. I think there is a risk Quebec could get hit with a lawsuit on the Charter of Rights due to the unfair treatment of family sponsorship versus refugees (restricting families could signal it is easier to be an illegal refugee which gets treated better than others).

Reactions: Charbk and AdPaul

AdPaul

Aug 12, 2023
And then it will discriminate against those who didn't speak or learn French yet like many countries. I think there is a risk Quebec could get hit with a lawsuit on the Charter of Rights due to the unfair treatment of family sponsorship versus refugees (restricting families could signal it is easier to be an illegal refugee which gets treated better than others).
I agree with you and I support any Supreme Court action on the matter

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
We applied in (inland) October 2022, CSQ was obtained in February 2023, medical, biometrics, eligibility and background were all completed by March 2023, Approved-In-Principle in July 2023 and Sponsor Approval last week (August 2023).

Last edited:

AdPaul

Aug 12, 2023
We applied in (inland) October 2022, CSQ was obtained in February 2023, medical, biometrics, eligibility and background were all completed by March 2023, Approved-In-Principle in July 2023 and Sponsor Approval last week (August 2023).
Lucky you we applied march 2022 and only medical exam and eligibility are approved

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
The whole process is rather confusing. For instance, we just got sponsor approval whereas for others that part seems to finish in the first couple of months or thereabout.

AdPaul

Aug 12, 2023
The whole process is rather confusing. For instance, we just got sponsor approval whereas for others that part seems to finish in the first couple of months or thereabout.
Yeah I think this whole thing is really chaotic. The frustration comes from the lack of transparency of the process

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Yeah I think this whole thing is really chaotic. The frustration comes from the lack of transparency of the process
Yeah certainly, there should be more information available on the process and some way to easily find out why an application is stuck at a stage for months or more at a time.

Reactions: WaitingUSAtoCAN