+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
egrace
Thanks a lot for your unwaivering assistance, u have really been a guiding light on Quebec immigration to all members of this forum and we really appreciate ur efforts. Here is my point breakdown:

1.) Age 18-35 - 16 points
2.) Bachelors --> Electronics and Computer Engineering (here is the highest risk - > Electronics has 0 points on their grid while Computer Engineering has 6 points - I read on the Guides des Immigration long document that if a candidate has joint degree, point is awarded for whatever earns the most so I hope I was given 6 points); also computer engineering should get 6 points for section C of areas of training and I am not sure if this was awarded.
3.) French - cleared A2 - 6 points
4.) English - 6 points
5.) Work experience - 4 points
7.) Financial self sufficiency = 1

I think it is either I was not given section C area of training 6 points or my Bachelors was not counted at all, this may be the reason for the rejection.

Either way I will send fax tomorrow to find out what exact points I have - I hope they respond. Please can they tell you your points if you request by fax or phone?

egrace what you think?

Plncmy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
04-10-2010
Interview........
Waiting
@chickbiks, which is your BIQ office ?

I am in the same category too, I have a degree in Electronics and communication, and I have experience in IT for more than 10 years..

Let me keep my fingers crossed.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Iceberg7 said:

Hello Shahi,

Sorry for being late in replying to you.
Of course www.louer.ca , www.kijiji.ca , www.logementquebec.com & www.logisquebec.com will provide you with plenty of choices.

Normally the rates in Montreal are a bit higher than those in Quebec City, Gatineau or Laval.
But of course you'll have to settle near the city center to facilitate finalizing your docs/job search.

Montreal Metro & the STM buses services (or RTC in Quebec City) are very convenient & affordable. That of Outaouais/Gatineau STO is really good as well.
When using Montreal Metro be careful about the intersection of diff. lines.

Good luck Shahi :)
Hey Iceberg ..

thnaks a lot for your help!!..i hope the preparation is going really well!!

Shahi

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chibiks said:
egrace
Thanks a lot for your unwaivering assistance, u have really been a guiding light on Quebec immigration to all members of this forum and we really appreciate ur efforts. Here is my point breakdown:

1.) Age 18-35 - 16 points
2.) Bachelors --> Electronics and Computer Engineering (here is the highest risk - > Electronics has 0 points on their grid while Computer Engineering has 6 points - I read on the Guides des Immigration long document that if a candidate has joint degree( there was no provision for join degree, it only states for applicants with two degrees, point is awarded for whatever earns the most so I hope I was given 6 points); also computer engineering should get 6 points for section C of areas of training and I am not sure if this was awarded. according to page 22 of the document u are referring to, under general remark, two degrees does not imply having a single degree in two combined fields like in ur case but FOR SOMEone who who actually av two separate degrees. e.g two different B.Sc, B.Sc and M.Sc,M.Sc and P.Hd etc. so in your case there is no way they would av separated Electronics from computer engineering.separating them will mave ur certificate void cos niether would u av submitted a computer engineering certificate nor that of that of electronics Hence for Education u will have 10
3.) French - cleared A2 - 6 points
4.) English - 6 points
5.) Work experience - 4 points
7.) Financial self sufficiency = 1
From the above ur point will be 43, meaning u need 6points more for to scale 2ru stage two and qualify for interview or 12points more for to escape the interview
I think it is either I was not given section C area of training 6 points or my Bachelors was not counted at all of course ur bachelor would av been counted, this may be the reason for the rejection.
these are possible areas u can work on.
finish ur M.Sc: 2points
French: out of the possible 16points from french, u already have 6, u can really inprove ur french skill upto B2. B2 will earn u 12 for french
3) since u are within canada, a well documented trip to Quebec is also in order.

Either way I will send fax tomorrow to find out what exact points I have - I hope they respond. Please can they tell you your points if you request by fax or phone? yeah, send them a fax and incude ur file nos and other important info, then follow up with a call

egrace what you think?

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Seniors (i.e. Shahi, wings.., egrace62, go2montreal, Saga.....)

As all of u already have your CSQ in your hand, can u please clarify the "Areas of Training" factors as they treated in your case for allotting points.

What I want to know is that....

1. Do the VO allot points(for areas of Training factor) strictly according to the Diploma obtained is either " Foreign degree" or
"Quebec/Quebec Equivalent" ?

2. Suppose one has Diploma(obtained outside Quebec for example in INDIA) which falls in the "Quebec/Quebec Equivalent" section of
"Preferred Areas of List 2009"and can fetch 12 points and it falls in the "Foreign degree" section also but it fetches only 6 points , So
here do they strictly allot only 6 points as that Diploma is "Foreign Degree" or they will allot 12 points(irrespective of that is Foreign
Diploma and have no any tie up with that Quebec Institutes) if that Diploma is equivalent(means it's course structure is same or
almost same) to that Quebec part and also the applicant have experience in the similar field of the Diploma
he/she obtained?
3. After breakdown of your points(all of u who have CSQ), can u tell that did they allot points for "Areas of Training" factor, strictly as
considering your Diploma as "Foreign Degree" or somebody has also the case in which they alloted points considering his Diploma as
the "Quebec Equivalent" and got points according to that?

Thanks in advance !!!!

regards,

Yogie

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Re: (No subject)

@ yogie, ur questns,will b answerd with the ff: clarification: THE list of Preferred AREA of Training 2009: this is a general pool 4 virtually all courses. But all d courses on this does not enjoy same preference. The extent of each course preference is indicatd by d assignd points & rmark. Some get priority + extra points, others just point yl others none. Pls refer to this doc on Micc site (1) QUEBEC DEGREE: 4 Those who studied in Quebec. Note that not all Quebec degree qualifies 4 extra point or priority. Those that qualify 4 extra point does so 2different degree. Some get 2,6,12 or 16. (2) QUÉBEC EQUIVALENT DEGREE: 4 APPlicant with degree 4rm Quebec schools abroad.these schools are majorly in France, belgium & some other french speaking countries. This category also covers those with degree 4rm other part of canada. (3) FOREIGN DEGREE: this d category where a vast majority belongs. I belong here too. Some 4reign degree are priotisd + extra 12points( i happen to benefit 4rm this), some get just 6points, etc. Based on the afore-mentioned, It's NOT possible 4 an applicant to qualify in more than one class @ a time. An applicant can ONLY belong to one of these three classes . In each of this classes these provisions exist: extra point + priority, extra points only, and no priority + no extra point. Although d extra point 4d first two categories can reach a maximum of 16points, d extra point for the last category can only reach a maximum of 12points.thnks

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

egrace62 said:
@ yogie, ur questns,will b answerd with the ff: clarification: THE list of Preferred AREA of Training 2009: this is a general pool 4 virtually all courses. But all d courses on this does not enjoy same preference. The extent of each course preference is indicatd by d assignd points & rmark. Some get priority + extra points, others just point yl others none. Pls refer to this doc on Micc site (1) QUEBEC DEGREE: 4 Those who studied in Quebec. Note that not all Quebec degree qualifies 4 extra point or priority. Those that qualify 4 extra point does so 2different degree. Some get 2,6,12 or 16. (2) QUÉBEC EQUIVALENT DEGREE: 4 APPlicant with degree 4rm Quebec schools abroad.these schools are majorly in France, belgium & some other french speaking countries. This category also covers those with degree 4rm other part of canada. (3) FOREIGN DEGREE: this d category where a vast majority belongs. I belong here too. Some 4reign degree are priotisd + extra 12points( i happen to benefit 4rm this), some get just 6points, etc. Based on the afore-mentioned, It's NOT possible 4 an applicant to qualify in more than one class @ a time. An applicant can ONLY belong to one of these three classes . In each of this classes these provisions exist: extra point + priority, extra points only, and no priority + no extra point. Although d extra point 4d first two categories can reach a maximum of 16points, d extra point for the last category can only reach a maximum of 12points.thnks
Thanks for your reply egrace62,

However sorry to bother u again but please clarify that is there anybody who has allotted points for "Areas of Training" according to the "Quebec Degree/Equivalent" instead of "Foreign Degree" (Here it should be consider that the applicant has Foreign Diploma which doesn't have any relation or in collaboration with any Quebec Institute but it's course structure is same or almost equivalent to that Quebec part)?

regars,

Yogie

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

If their is similarity in structure of courses, u may b acceptd as Quebec equivalent but with d ff: condition. U will need to file an applicatn+ ur transcript to govt agency which's rponsible 4 determining d equivalency of 4rien degree to Quebec. The agency is Quebec based. A fee will apply, & they wil give their verdit. Then u can attach this to ur applicatn b4 u can claim equivalency but this in itself does not confers priority treatment or extra point if ur course does not qualify neither does it make u to benefit under both foreign degree and Quebec equivalent degree at d same time.

ramsubbiah

Apr 15, 2011
Hi Sahi\iceberg\Others,

First let me thank all of you for your great support to the new comers, i am also very interested to apply Quebec immigration , here i have given my details

I am ramasamy working in TCS chennai ,as a software engineer for more than three years
Qualification: BE( Information technology)
Experience : 3+Years
IELTS : joined the course
French : next month onwards attending AF classes.

now please advice me before completing IELTS\French Course shall i apply? after completing the language course can we update our application details? or its better to apply after completing the course if so then i have wait for atleast 6to7 months to complete the french course, i am little bit confused , please advice me how to approach on this,
apologies for the disturbance.
Thanks & Regards,
Ram

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

egrace62 said:
If their is similarity in structure of courses, u may b acceptd as Quebec equivalent but with d ff: condition. U will need to file an applicatn+ ur transcript to govt agency which's rponsible 4 determining d equivalency of 4rien degree to Quebec. The agency is Quebec based. A fee will apply, & they wil give their verdit. Then u can attach this to ur applicatn b4 u can claim equivalency but this in itself does not confers priority treatment or extra point if ur course does not qualify neither does it make u to benefit under both foreign degree and Quebec equivalent degree at d same time.
@egrace62

Thanks a lot !!!!!!!!!!!

Yogie

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
ramsubbiah said:
Hi Sahi\iceberg\Others,

First let me thank all of you for your great support to the new comers, i am also very interested to apply Quebec immigration , here i have given my details

I am ramasamy working in TCS chennai ,as a software engineer for more than three years
Qualification: BE( Information technology)
Experience : 3+Years
IELTS : joined the course
French : next month onwards attending AF classes.

now please advice me before completing IELTS\French Course shall i apply? after completing the language course can we update our application details? or its better to apply after completing the course if so then i have wait for atleast 6to7 months to complete the french course, i am little bit confused , please advice me how to approach on this,
apologies for the disturbance.
Thanks & Regards,
Ram
Hi Ram,
Thanks for the kind words.

I think you should go to the officical quebec immigration website and check your eligibilty online. In my opinion you should be atleast DELF A1 wen u file your application and can continue subsequently!!

Shahi

ramsubbiah

Apr 15, 2011
Hi Sahi,

Thanks a lot for motivated advice, next week onwards i will start my french course i will apply after completing A1 level, for IELTS also in the mean time i can complete or after applying we can update the application based on our IELTS score?

Thanks,
Ram

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
ramsubbiah said:
Hi Sahi,

Thanks a lot for motivated advice, next week onwards i will start my french course i will apply after completing A1 level, for IELTS also in the mean time i can complete or after applying we can update the application based on our IELTS score?

Thanks,
Ram
Yes Ram once you file your application... you can submit documents related to any additional proficiency you have acquired!!

Shahi

Plncmy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
04-10-2010
Interview........
Waiting
@chikbiks,

Are you doing Higher education in Quebec ?