31/01/2012
Med's Done....
08/03/2012
Interview........
Exempted
LANDED..........
February 1st and Got PRC
alq814 said:
Im not being nosy, but why did you leave Toronto? Are you still able to go back to Toronto? Did you have your permanent residency through a provincial nominee program? And which country are you now? Anyways, if you are really interested in Montreal, you might want to spend time browsing this website...it has everything you need about coming to Quebec. Good luck.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/index.html
Thanks alq814 for getting in. You are welcome anyway. Actually, I got my permanent residency as a Federal Skilled Worker, and when I was (in the process of application) asked the place I wish to land on, I chose Toronto. Toronto is a really nice place to live, however, after a second thought, we decided to settle in Montreal since all of my family members speak french while only two speak English. We are originally from Morocco, where we are right now for holidays. We had to do our landing because my passport was to expire last may, and my children had to complete their school year. That's why we left and now we are planning to go back to Canada late August. My worry is, are we allowed to NOW to settle in Quebec. Is it possible for us (now that we have got our Permanent Residence Cards and SIN) to settle in Montreal? Thanking you and anyone for your help in advance.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
As a FSW, you are supposed to settle anywhere except Quebec - this is clearly specified on the CIC website. If I were you, I would stay in Toronto. Being in Montreal does not give any advantage except lower living costs - though French is the official language, even the lowest ranking jobs demand good english along with French.

Abuelyas said:
Thanks alq814 for getting in. You are welcome anyway. Actually, I got my permanent residency as a Federal Skilled Worker, and when I was (in the process of application) asked the place I wish to land on, I chose Toronto. Toronto is a really nice place to live, however, after a second thought, we decided to settle in Montreal since all of my family members speak french while only two speak English. We are originally from Morocco, where we are right now for holidays. We had to do our landing because my passport was to expire last may, and my children had to complete their school year. That's why we left and now we are planning to go back to Canada late August. My worry is, are we allowed to NOW to settle in Quebec. Is it possible for us (now that we have got our Permanent Residence Cards and SIN) to settle in Montreal? Thanking you and anyone for your help in advance.

kool_007dude

Star Member
Mar 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Oct-15
AOR Received.
18-Jan-16 RPRF Request: 09-Feb-16
Med's Request
05-Mar-16
Med's Done....
07-Mar-16 Med's Received 15-Mar-16
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-Mar-16
VISA ISSUED...
25-Mar-16
LANDED..........
Very Soon
harit79 said:
My guess is your dossier will remain same, but i think they can answer your question best.
So email them and let them know your situation and if they dont reply you then call them.
Dear Harit, let me know there email id...

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kool_007dude said:
Dear Harit, let me know there email id...
Please go through the below link and fill the details in Email form.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/hong-kong/reach.html

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Good job!
One comment - Quebec interviewers do not mention the word "Canada" and nowhere in the Quebec immigration site you will see it except in the section about how to apply for passport. My suggestion to everybody is not to mention "Canada" at interview at all, otherwise they may think that Quebec is being used to enter Canada and then move to other provinces. Besides, half of Quebecois do not want to be part of Canada at all, according to the last referendum

faultyjack99 said:
Hi Everyone,

I am posting some questions which you can translate and learn them for preparation of your interview. Hope this helps.

1.Tell us a about yourself / Schooling / lifestyle?
2.Give us some information about your Origin/ Family background/ Ethnicity?
3.Please describe your typical workday?
4.What do you like doing in your spare time?
5.Where do you live?
6.Do you own a house, or do you rent? Or is it company provided?
7.What's your current status - single/ married/ engaged?
8.Where does your spouse / Fiancé's parents live?
9.How long have you been married? OR When do you plan to marry?
10.What's the name and D.O.B of your spouse?
11.Have you been previously married?
12.Do you have children under 18?
13.Where are your children now? Are they alone at home?
14.Do you have other children not listed in this application?
15.Do your parents live in the same home?
16.Do you plan to bring them to Canada/Quebec if your application is approved?
17.If not, who will look after them if you move to Canada/Quebec?
18.How would you rate your English language skills? How about French?
19.Tell us where you think you are Excellent, Good, bad or Worst in Reading Writing Speaking Listening
20.How well do your spouse and children speak English/ French?
21.Have you ever been in trouble with the law? Were you ever reported/ charged/ arrested for any crime?
22.Do your spouse and children support your plan to move to Canada/Quebec?
23.Do you have family in Canada/Quebec?
24.What would you do if your immigration application is rejected?
25.What is your plan if you are unsuccessful in this Interview and is not given a Landing Visa?
Section B. Questions about your Education:
1.What is your highest educational qualification?
2.In which country you have studied?
3.Which university is your degree from?
4.Is it a full time or part time (distance or correspondence) course?
5.What are the subjects you have studied in your master's & bachelor's degree course?
6.What was the medium of instruction or in which language it was taught?
7.Is there any thesis included in your degree course? If so what was your thesis about?
8.What was the nominal duration of the course?
9.Which year you have completed your highest degree? Which year you have been awarded the convocation?
10.What percentage did you score in your master's degree course?
11.What percentage did you score in your bachelor's degree course?
12.What other professional / certification courses did you completed in India or abroad?
Section C. Questions about your Work Experience:
1.What is your profession?
2.Where are you currently working or what do you currently do? Name Address Contact details of Employer.
3.What is your job role in the current company?
4.Is this a full time or part time job?
5.How many years of total full time work experience do you have?
6.What is your current salary?
7.How do you get your salary (Direct bank credit/ Cheque or by cash)?
8.If direct bank credit, in which bank your salary is getting credited?
9.How long have you been worked with your previous employer?
10.What was your job role in the previous company?
11.Describe your responsibilities in your current and previous designations? Could you please write down your responsibilities on a paper?
12.Where is your current office located (including area name, building color, which floor and door number)?
13.How many employees are working in the organization where you work?
14.What is the name of your company Owner or CEO / Director? Any contact number?
15.Can you give us the name of your supervisor / Person you are reporting to / Your Immediate manager? Name Title/Designation Address & Contact details (Same as per experience letters)
16.Why you quit those jobs and why you are going to quit this current one and move to Canada/ Quebec?
17.Were you trained before taking on this role?
18.How many people work in your department/company? How many people work under you?
19.Why would you want to quit this job and head for an uncertain future in Canada?
20.Do you think you will easily find a similar job in Canada/ Quebec?
21.Do you think your qualifications are sufficient to help you find a job?
22.How can your current job help you get a similar job in Canada/ Quebec?
23.How can your current job help you to Integrate in Canadian/ Quebec Society?
24.Do you plan to study further in Canada/Quebec?
25.Will you undergo training/ upgrade your skills or go for an internship before taking up a job?
26.Have you had your qualifications assessed in Canada/ Quebec?
Section D. Questions about your financial position:
1.What is your financial position?
2.What is your current source of Funds? Have you got any Business or just a job?
3.How much money do you earn at your present job?
4.Do you have any other sources of income? How much do you earn from those?
5.How much money do you have in the banks?
6.Can you provide bank statements for the last 1/2/3 years?
7.What other assets do you have, Property Stocks, Bonds & Gold?
8.What are your assets worth, approximately, at today's market rates? Do you have an assessment report?
9.If your immigration application were to be approved, would you sell your assets before moving to Canada/Quebec?
Section E. Questions about your French language proficiency:
1.What is current time?
2.Tell me all the day's in week and all month in years.
3.Tell me about my family.
4.Tell me about my age and different colors in French.
5. What are you children's ages?
6.What did you eat for breakfast?

This is just for preparation.

Janki

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
Nomination.....
Csq August 16
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
not given
File Transfer...
Federal applied on 1st September got Aor 6th December 16
Med's Request
29th December 16
Med's Done....
2nd Jan 17
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Waiting
Seniors need your advice.

Today received Ref and Dossier No. from Montreal. In the letter this link is given http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/travailleurs-permanents/demande-immigration-general/delais-tableaux.html

I checked the link for processing time and for India NO Interview is mention. What does this mean?
And after receiving file number for Indians how long process still remaining.
I am Chemist so comes under 12 points.

Seniors please share your experience.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Filling out various forms

Dear friends.
I am Subasna from, Nepal wishing to immigrate to Quebec, Montreal as a registered nurse and my spouse has a master's degree in sociology. He also has a one year vocational training on medical lab technician completed 10 yrs. back but he had experience on that technical field within the last five years. As a secondary applicant, does he get any point under AOT since there is a list for 'Health, Assstance and Nursing-2years'.If not, he is not going to add his experience and certificate of vocational training along with application. He just submits his degree certificate to claim 3 points for education. I am eager to know some facts regarding questions on the various forms which are listed below.
A) Documents submitted in support of the application for selection certificate(A-1520-AA)
1.Can I put tick mark on the box if I have a supportive documents and N/A if I don’t have. For example, I can not provide documents related to work booklet. Could I write N/A on the box as I don’t have work booklet or something else?
2. Referring to question number 9- Declaration by a candidate practicing a regulated profession or trade in Quebec. Do I need to declare as I am a nurse and i have a license to practice here in my country?
3. Question no.10- What does family booklet mean? Is it mandatory to provide supportive documents for that?
4. Question no. 23- is it of need to send work booklet? As I dont have that provided by my employer. They just gave me experience letter, job description, appointment letter and letter stating of paying taxation.

B) Application for selection certificate-skilled worker-principal applicant (A-05020-AA)
1.) Question no.4-It is imperative that the principal applicant declare all the family members of his family. In my case, I am including myself ,spouse and only one son as I don’t have another children. Does it mean to mention even the name of parents?
2.) Are you the holder of one or several of the following diplomas?
Is it correct to mark on the box of diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Quebec regulatory body (with the exception of a diploma in medicine) for myself? and what about my husband's vocational training and degree in sociology/Next- should I tick on the box 'YES' on the question -Do you hold an authorization to practice issued by a Quebec body that regulates a trade or profession?
Do we both also required to submit CV?And last question-What about mentioning mailing address in French if our official language is not in roman alphabet?
I am very sorry for incorporating so many questions here in the thread.
Anticipate my queries be solved and my immigration dream turned into reality

Regards

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Janki said:
Seniors need your advice.

Today received Ref and Dossier No. from Montreal. In the letter this link is given http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/travailleurs-permanents/demande-immigration-general/delais-tableaux.html

I checked the link for processing time and for India NO Interview is mention. What does this mean? - Right now no selection interviews are being held for India. We should wait for the next schedule
And after receiving file number for Indians how long process still remaining.
I am Chemist so comes under 12 points.

Seniors please share your experience.

Elkevdh

May 21, 2013
Just an experience I wanted to share.
TCFQ (for French)seems to be so much easier than IELTS (for English)... Based on my IELTS results, I expected my knowledge of French to not be sufficient to get a lot of points. I received the results today and surprised myself though. :eek:
I don't know how this TCFQ is, compared to other French tests, but in my opinion it's worth to take this one. Cheaper (as it only has two parts), quicker and apparently not that difficult.

Best,

Elke

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elkevdh said:
TCFQ (for French)seems to be so much easier than IELTS (for English)... Based on my IELTS results, I expected my knowledge of French to not be sufficient to get a lot of points. I received the results today and surprised myself though. :eek:
I don't know how this TCFQ is, compared to other French tests, but in my opinion it's worth to take this one. Cheaper (as it only has two parts), quicker and apparently not that difficult.

Best,

Elke
Can you please share your result of TCFQ if you dont mind?

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Elkevdh said:

Best,

Elke
I haven't done TCFQ myself, but i know someone who has.
She got A1/A1 in Tefaq and one month later, A2/B1 in TCFQ
Maybe she studied more or found TCFQ easier; who knows??? ;D

rifiel

Star Member
May 17, 2012
Elkevdh said:
I have C1 for listening comprehension and B2 for spoken expression. And happy with that. ;D
That's a very good result. Are you from a francophone country?
If not, how long have you been studying french?

Elkevdh

May 21, 2013
rifiel said:
That's a very good result. Are you from a francophone country?
If not, how long have you been studying french?
I'm from Belgium... so that must have helped. :)
Still, compared to my English knowledge, I consider my French to be way worse.