QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liberwoman said:
Hello guys,

First of all... thank you so much for having the idea of creating this thread. It is so useful and really I do not know why people go though agencies. With the information available on the Canadian website and this forum, there is no need I think. SO thank you for your effort and time

I wish I knew this site existed before sending my application. Anyway, my name is Liberwoman and I am a 24 years old.
I am originally from Cameroon ( a bilingual country - 95% French and 5% English), where I did all my primary and secondary school. So my mother tongue is French.
I then moved to the UK (Manchester to be exact) in 2006 and Joined the University of Manchester to study Chemical engineering. I am a recent graduate (I have a master) and I have 1.4 years experience in my field of study. The latter has really improved my English and I am nor fully bilingual. I sent my application of the 06th October 2011. I received a letter on the 06th November, asking me to complete the payment form as I forgot to mention to amount of money to be taken from my credit card. I sent back the requested form the day after and on the 7th of December 2011, I received my first AOR. So I am still waiting. My BIQ is Paris and I supposed my visa office will be London (the closest to Manchester). I don't know if I am on the priority list but finger crossed I will be able to get everything done in 2 years max. The latter is the time I allocated for the whole process and if it doesn't work out I will need to look somewhere else. I am currently working as an engineer but on a 2 years contract. Happy to speak French to people who wants to and answer any question regarding the process whenever I can or have the relevant information. Good luck to you guys and welcome to ME.

Bienvenue au fil de québec, Mademoiselle / Madame. Veuillez suivre le lien ci-dessous et voyez que votre domaine de la formation tombe dans la priorité ou pas

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/summary-table-areas.pdf

raph_04

Jul 13, 2011
meemansa said:
Pls Can u share the points given to u for each factor ?
Education: B.E(CIVIL) in India & M.B.A (Human Resources) from London
AOT: no idea
Work experience: 1yr site engineer + 3yrs Project Manager = 4yrs still in same company
English Proficiency: IELTS is expired but i have letter from university in Hyderabad.
French Proficiency (what level did they rated you) - I am in basic level

Spouse Age: 41yrs
Spouse Edu/AOT: ITI trade certificate as fitter
Spouse work experience:presently he is doing export & Imports

Stay in quebec: nil
Family in Quebec:nil
Job offer in quebec:nil
Points for kids: 2 kids 3yrs & 1yr.
Financial self-sufficiency: yes

Total points awarded:
I don't know the points. How to calculate?
thanks

Kaps1706

Star Member
Apr 16, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2011
AOR Received.
07-09-2011
singh20 said:
Hi all.. just wanted to share my detailed experience with you all...

Me and my wife filled our Quebec Immigration Application on 12th Dec 2010.. from UK, England and got the interview call for 21st Aug 2011, which we postponed and then another interview request came for 16h Nov 2011.

Our Interview was in the Paris on 16th Nov 2011 at 2:30pm. We got there at 2:15pm and waited for the interviewer to call us in.

We were called in, after an hour of questions we got the CSQ.

Detailed stuff prior to the interview:

Me and my wife took 6 weeks French course from the language school, we got a certificate of them, which we inserted in our file submitted initially. Also, later on near the interview time, we took some private lessons of learning French for 2 months.. I also reckon anyone who is learning French, start with Michel Thomas learning and lessons of coffee break with French. This will really help you learning in a quick time.

We arranged for a trip to Canada – Montreal for 2 weeks in September 2011. It turned out to be a really good research trip.

We hired a self catering apartment for the duration and lived there as we were living there from a long time. We did grocery shopping, explored the city by visiting all the tourist places and also explored the neighbourhoods.

This Trip had been very benefited for our interview as we kept hold of all the receipts and the places we visited.. which later on we inserted in the file we prepared for our interview. Also, if you have stayed in Canada for at least 2 weeks you get 1 point too but most importantly it shows the interviewer you are serious and have solid plans to make that province your future home. I would strongly recommend if you can afford the time and money, please do make an effort for that visit.

Secondly, we prepared the file with the following documents..
- our detailed financial plan – stating how much money we had and what are outgoings would be.. i.e. rent, utility charges, grocery, transport, telephone.. (Interviewer didn't ask for it though.. we just prepared to give him all this.. Also we took recent bank statements but when we took it out from the file, he said I don't want to see any of your bank statements.)
- then we inserted all the job search we did.. study of the market in Montreal.. list of all the agencies or company's in Montreal.. any job offers or even any current job adverts.. we didn't had any job offers, we just took some job adverts with us. (which the interviewer was quite impressed with)
- Then we inserted our plans for learning French.. we took some leaflets from the Mcgill University (in Montreal, Quebec) and inquired for the French course, which we inserted in our prep file. Also, we took a letter from our private tutor, who stated our progress to what we had learnt so far.. i.e. phrases, tenses, colours, numbers, introduction.. very basic stuff.. (he was very impressed with this and said that's very good that you are taking pains in learning French)
- Then we inserted the knowledge we have about Quebec.. the seasons it has, the holidays, about the tax.. (Interviewer didn't see any of these though and didn't even ask anything about it.. but it's good to have..)
- Then, we inserted all the places we visited in Montreal... all the research we collected from there.. i.e. where would we get our phone contract from, where and how to get metro – fares.. (Again, the interviewer didn't see any of these.. I guess he was quite impressed with us already with our job searches.. but I would still suggest to prepare this detailed file.. it gives you such a confidence that you are prepared to answer any questions..

Detailed stuff during the interview:
Me and my wife both are a very basic French user but did prepare our answers in French.. and put quite a lot of effort in learning the phrases and a bit of vocabulary.

Our Interview was in the Paris on 16th Nov 2011 at 2:30pm. We got there at 2:15pm and waited for the interviewer to call us in.

Our Interviewer was very gentle and humble.. As we sat down, we did general French gestures and first thing the interviewer said.. I know you are a basic French user, so don't worry I will test your French learning later on in the interview.. I will talk to you in English.. (we felt very relived but still tried to answer in French where we could.. and kept on inserting little French gestures, later on the interview he never asked us anything to test our French.. I guess he didn't left with any time.. as our interview was later in the afternoon, he was in a rush to finish off with us)

Then he started confirming our names, addresses.. and asked for our passports and nationality.. asked if we had any kids.. (we answered all this in English.. )

Then he asked me about my work.. which I mentioned about where and what I work,. I showed him the appreciation letters I received from my work, which the interviewer quite liked.

Then he asked us that we have been in UK from last 10 years, now why do we want to migrate to Quebec.. what are our reasons and what adjustments did we had to make when we came over to UK.. (which I answered all in English)

And straight after this We mention to him about our visit to Montréal.. that we went there as a research visit and explored it.. and to which we showed him our flight itinerary and all the receipts and places we had visit..

He was quite impressed with our research visit though.. specially we plan it to explore the city.

Then he asked us if we know any job market in Quebec. To which, we showed him all the companies we searched within our field.. and the job adverts we saw onto those companies.

Then he asked my wife about her work, even though it wasn't calculated into any points.

Then he asked us if we have any kids.. we said not yet but are planning to have once we reach to Montreal.

In between some where in middle of asking questions.. he said don't worry I am going to give you a good news shortly.. and then carried on asking few more general questions about our plans of learning French and telling us in general about Paris and Quebec..

Then he said welcome to Quebec.. and he printed off the CSQ.. and then he told us to start collecting all our documents which were on his table (the documents which we have been taking out from our files to show him) and then he printed the other useful letters along with the CSQ, which told us the procedure of what to do next.

This whole interview process took an hour.. but questions in general would have been only 20 minutes.. it was a very relaxed interview. I would say 90% in English and 10% in French..

I would suggest.. wear smart clothes, be confident in showing any document and talk clear and honest.

Good Luck..

Congrats for your CSQ and all the best for process ahead.
Sir, thank you so much for taking out time to write a detailed account of your interview. It will help all of us a lot :)

singh20

Nov 24, 2011
mkshah said:
Hi Singh20, thanks so much for ur reply. :)
As per my understanding, at the end of the interview, u will get the break up of points, may be it is mentioned in a separate letter, if not in CSQ.

Other members and seniors, who have already got their CSQ can help us here.
Hi mkshah,

The member 'Solokru' who has also got his CSQ is right in saying that the interviewer don't give any breakout on separate letter as such at the end of the interview unless i think we ask.

If you are short on any points, there are atleast 6 points which are in hand of the interviewer to give as adaptability and can also give you more points for French, if he thinks you have more capability of French language than what the certificate you have attached shows.

Good Luck..

singh20

Nov 24, 2011
Thanks everyone for your wishes.. last week filled my file for federal now, waiting to hear from them.

I am glad that my post was helpful. This is the least I could do as I received enormous help from this forum too.

Good Luck to everyone..

meemansa

Sep 16, 2011
H!
Here is your points calculation.
Age: 32yrs-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------16
Education: B.E(CIVIL) in India & M.B.A (Human Resources) from London--------------------------- 12
AOT: no idea-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------12
Work experience: 1yr site engineer + 3yrs Project Manager = 4yrs still in same company------------08
English Proficiency: IELTS is expired but i have letter from university in Hyderabad.-----------------00
French Proficiency (what level did they rated you) - I am in basic level----------------------------00

Spouse Age: 41yrs-----------------------------------------------------------------------------01
Spouse Edu------------------------------------------------------------------------------------02
Spouse Edu/AOT: ITI trade certificate as fitter-------------------------------------------------- 02
Spouse work experience:presently he is doing export & Imports-----------------------------------00
Spouse French Proficiency----------------------------------------------------------------------00
Stay in quebec: nil-----------------------------------------------------------------------------00
Family in Quebec:nil----------------------------------------------------------------------------00
Job offer in quebec:nil--------------------------------------------------------------------------00
Points for kids: 2 kids 3yrs & 1yr.--------------------------------------------------------------- 08
Financial self-sufficiency: yes ------------------------------------------------------------------01
-------------
Total points awarded:62
Up to an additional 6 points may be awarded upon the interview for Adaptability. With these points awarded, a single applicant must score a minimum of 55 points. An applicant with a spouse or common-law/conjugal partner must score at least 63 points.

As per my advice you have to take IELTS and DELF A1 OR TCF and then you will file your application

Also see below imp. note

Coming into force of the mandatory use of language proficiency tests

Effective December 6, 2011, all new candidates from the skilled worker subcategory who wish to obtain points in the selection grid for their French proficiency (applicants and spouses) and English proficiency (applicants only) must enclose with their immigration application attestations of results recognized by the Ministère. Children accompanying their parents are exempt from this new requirement.

In addition to optimizing the Ministère’s selection practices, standardized tests ensure that the evaluation of candidates for their French and English proficiency is accurate, consistent and fair.

Effective December 6, 2011, the results of language competency tests recognized by the Ministère are the only language proficiency evaluation tool used for immigration candidates who submit an Application for Selection Certificate. Candidates who do not wish to submit an attestation of results recognized by the Ministère must specify this in the Application for Selection Certificate by marking the appropriate box on the form. They will not obtain any points for the language proficiency criterion

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No worries, I got canadian visit visa after applying for CSQ (but before applying for the federal part), and believe me my passport is also a very tough one for any embassy. There is no place on the visa form asking whether you applied for the CSQ, therefore this is irrelevant. However, there is a line asking whether you applied for the PR. I left it blank as I had not applied for the federal part yet, and CSQ is not formally a PR yet.
changa said:
Thanks a lot for the post . Congratulation to your latest achievement and wish you all the best in this new route :D BTW i would like to ask is it tough to get a visa to travel to Canada while you are already apply for immigration ? Or you got visa waived ? I intend to do it but i was refused for student visa 6 years ago to Canada not QB due to unknown reason ( probably because that time there is still restriction the visa issuance on my country ) My documents all strong proof and true then . It is common case my country . Now I intend to apply to for QB and I also want to visit Montreal to have a research trip for this imigration but i fear that they will reject me again and it would give difficulty for me to apply for immigration later on :( .

thechef

Jul 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
soon :)
AOR Received.
not yet
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
not yet
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
hello am going to apply soon
Education:Diplome de cuisine
Work experience:more than 5 years as cook
English Proficiency: my english is simple NO IELTS
French Proficiency : my frensh is advance cos i study my diplome in frensh , but am not going to send any test , cos the next test will be in month 4
Spouse Age: 39yrs
Spouse Edu/AOT: degree Psychology
Spouse work experience:presently she have company
Points for kids: 1
Financial self-sufficiency: yes

Total points awarded:
can i apply now?

singapore

legend10

Nov 25, 2011
Dear all,

I am learning basic french with help of my friend.

Can anyone tell, Is french language test result is mandatory for submitting with application.

I am confused....

Please any one help me about this...

freddy83

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
legend10 said:
Dear all,

I am learning basic french with help of my friend.

Can anyone tell, Is french language test result is mandatory for submitting with application.

I am confused....

Please any one help me about this...
It's mandatory only if u r claiming points for french language. Like wise if u r claiming points for english you have to send IELTS score. If u don't do so u wont be given points for either language.

liberwoman

Dec 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Chemical engineering ???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Oct 2011for qsw/ 19 jul12 for federal
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011/Jan 2012/7nov rfpr
Nomination.....
26Jun12 for qsw
AOR Received.
06 nov11 for qsw / 19 aug12 for federal
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
07 nov12
Med's Done....
schedule 22nov12
Interview........
26-06-2012
Passport Req..
18 jan 2013 finally only two weeks for the end of the journey
VISA ISSUED...
07 feb12
LANDED..........
not quite sure
Merci Francaise.

I have a question to all the senior. Do we necessarily have to take the French test ( in order to score some points on it) even if we are from a country whose first language is French? Thank you.

liberwoman

Dec 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Chemical engineering ???
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06 Oct 2011for qsw/ 19 jul12 for federal
Doc's Request.
Nov 2011/Jan 2012/7nov rfpr
Nomination.....
26Jun12 for qsw
AOR Received.
06 nov11 for qsw / 19 aug12 for federal
IELTS Request
None
Med's Request
07 nov12
Med's Done....
schedule 22nov12
Interview........
26-06-2012
Passport Req..
18 jan 2013 finally only two weeks for the end of the journey
VISA ISSUED...
07 feb12
LANDED..........
not quite sure
Category........: QSW
Visa Office......: Paris BIQ
NOC Code......: don't know yet (Chemical engineering)
App. Filed.......: 06-11-2011
sent missing form.....: 07-11-2011
AOR Received.: 07-12-2011

talk2melas

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW:October 3rd,2013. Federal : February 16th 2016
Nomination.....
15-02-2015
AOR Received.
QSW:08-04-2014, Federal 20-02-2016
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
26-03-2016
Interview........
QSW: 15-02-2015
Passport Req..
20--04-3016
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
hello am going to apply soon
Education:Diplome de cuisine-10
Work experience:more than 5 years as cook -8
English Proficiency: my english is simple NO IELTS -0
French Proficiency : my frensh is advance cos i study my diplome in frensh , but am not going to send any test , cos the next test will be in month 4-0
Spouse Age: 39yrs-3
Spouse Edu/AOT: degree Psychology-3
Spouse work experience:presently she have company -0
Points for kids: 1 -4
Financial self-sufficiency: yes -1

Total points awarded:45 points.
can i apply now?

singapore
From my calculation, you have 45 points but may get some more for AOT, but you are still short of points.You need a minimum of 57 points to apply as a married person.You can take DELF and IELTS to make up your point the you apply.
Others can verify if you could get more points.Bon chance!

thecoolsatya

Dec 19, 2011
Hi All,

Just joined the forum after doing quite a lot of reading on Quebec immigration.

However still kind of confused regarding the areas of training and education.

My details below:-

Education: Bsc Mathematics (Full Time) / MBA - General (Distance Education) from India completed in 2004 and 2006 respectively
Currently working as a Programme management office (PMO) Analyst in an IT company which I consider is relevant to what I have studied (MBA)
Total Work Experience: Just Over 6 years
English: Good.
French: Just Started to learn
Marital Status: Married

Details of Spouse

Education: Msc in Medical Documentation
Work Experience: Worked as a Medical record Technician - relevant to her studies
Total Work Experience: 3 years
English: Good
French: Just started to learn.

Could any one of the experts suggest if I am eligible to apply for Quebec Immigration. I did try in the quebec website and it states I am eligible. However would want to confirm from some of the experts in the forum.