Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rubyshanker said:
HI,

This is Krishna.....im in a gr8 bit of dilemma.....coz i have finished my completion of FORM on 1st December....but i dint post to the immigration office...im planning to do it tommorow...All my docs are ready and i have prepared dem 1 month ago.....so will i fall into this new system or will dey consider my profile as earlier rule? coz i have signed the form on Dec 1st....also took the DD on 1st December....

Please some one help me out.....im in a bit of worry
I was also gonna send it tomo man, was waiting to get a letter from the french class. I dont think they'll consider the date you signed it. Bad luck for a lot of people like us. At least if they had notified in advance would hav been great. Im gonna send it with the language tests now. Would be the best thing to do.

SINKiri

Jan 27, 2011
Hi everyone,
now am really confused about this new language rules. We live in Montreal since last year on work permits, both my husband and i are working. None of us speaks french. We were just about the about the start the process, my husband was getting his job validated to quicken the process. with the new changes does it mean that we cannot go ahead and apply until we get tested for the french skills? This really sucks! Thanks for your insight and i wish you all the best as you pursue your dreams to move to Quebec. Montreal is a great city!

freddy83

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SINKiri said:
Hi everyone,
now am really confused about this new language rules. We live in Montreal since last year on work permits, both my husband and i are working. None of us speaks french. We were just about the about the start the process, my husband was getting his job validated to quicken the process. with the new changes does it mean that we cannot go ahead and apply until we get tested for the french skills? This really sucks! Thanks for your insight and i wish you all the best as you pursue your dreams to move to Quebec. Montreal is a great city!
You have to submit the french test results if and only if you are claiming points for french, if you meet the required points from other criteria you can go ahead and submit it without french test results.

SINKiri

Jan 27, 2011
Thanks for your quick reply! ok! but are there chances of qualifying without french? my hubby has a phd, ( not acquired in Canada though) has a validated job (considered more or less permanent) 3 kids and we are both working in one of the english universities in Montreal. Before the new rules i thought we stood a chance, now am scared! May God have mercy!!

freddy83

Star Member
Oct 5, 2011
Sri Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SINKiri said:
Thanks for your quick reply! ok! but are there chances of qualifying without french? my hubby has a phd, ( not acquired in Canada though) has a validated job (considered more or less permanent) 3 kids and we are both working in one of the english universities in Montreal. Before the new rules i thought we stood a chance, now am scared! May God have mercy!!
There certainly is the possibility of getting the CSQ without french.

You can always do the online assessment and calculate the points you can gain. If you can get the 57 points without claiming any points for french you are good to go.

Please refer to the post at the below link posted by harith which provides you all the resources you need.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/quebec-applicants-lets-share-experience-t37196.0.html;msg1136577#msg1136577

You can also use the below link to calculate your points.

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

Do get back if you have any trouble calculating the points for certain criteria and someone will help you out.

cvd222

Nov 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2012
AOR Received.
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Request
Apr 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Apr 28, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2013
SINKiri said:
Also note that the applicant gets 2 points just by being registered in the basic French course.

Rubyshanker

Aug 24, 2011
@Freddy

Dude....i think we have got a chance....coz its not a mistake from our END....so they might consider the old application...i think from now onwards....the people who r willing to apply from now will have to submit the docs...and one more thing....if they open our file....max they might ask us to Submit the ILETS and French scores @ the time of the interview or before....but i think they wont be sending back our whole FILE....wat say?

Rubyshanker

Aug 24, 2011
Also.....it can't happen overnight rite? its their decision and they can accept our FILE....coz they din't give any Grace Period also...previously Canada Govt was giving Grace period if they made any changes in the process....so i think there is a fair chance for the OLD APPLICANTS...

unlimited2access

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Yes giving a grace period is very important. Its absolutely wrong to implement new rule overnight. This way thousands of applications would lose an opportunity and at the same Quebec will lose potential immigrants who can grow their economy. Some deadline should have been given at-least of 15 days.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vibez_well said:
Oops ! sorry for posting the wrong file. I just followed the link that was posted in the forum. Maybe I ddnt get the latest file. Here are the latest tables from the "GUIDE DES PROCÉDURES D'IMMIGRATION"....

I am quite confuse with French language point system.
I have already applied before 5th December and revived AOR as well.
And i had DELF A1 exam recently. So, will they calculate my point according to old point system.
What if i get more than 50 point but less than 16 points in comprehension orale and expression orale, then i will not allotted any points?

gladiusraj

Aug 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ready for reapply
harit79 said:
I am quite confuse with French language point system.
I have already applied before 5th December and revived AOR as well.
And i had DELF A1 exam recently. So, will they calculate my point according to old point system.
What if i get more than 50 point but less than 16 points in comprehension orale and expression orale, then i will not allotted any points?
yes

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Guys,

Check this out, "Guide Immigration Procedures" in English. It was provided by member ASHLEY2010 in a different thread:

http://ariseglobal.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/gpi-3-1en.pdf

8)

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
changa said:
for IELTS listening+ reading from 8-9.0= you get 3 points + speaking from 7.0 -9.0 you get 3 points .Total for English = 6 points
Thanks changa..this was very helpful

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
nursegio said:
Salut tout le monde! Je suis heureux to say that i received my AOR today from BIQ HongKong! =) after more than a month of filing. :D ;D
Congratulation nursegio on receiving the AOR :)

I will add you to the list that I am maintaining and updating every now, but I have noticed that your Forum Profile Information on the left side shows that you have received your AOR 01.11.2011 !!