Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
AOR Received.
21-07-2012
Maria_Sal said:
lolz...it wunt be trying my luck...it would be trying my bad luck...haha...as it is im quite unlucky a lot of times :D
Well we can ourself apply online on job websites but then the problem is that we might just waste time as the companies will not consider applicants from outside canada....maybe situation is different in remote area vacancies...but i dun have any knowledge :(
Just spamming the mailbox of an employer will only fetch NEGATIVE impact to your profile. usually employers mark the profiles as rejected if it is not fulfilling the criteria (in this case, PR) and hence fades away the chances for next time. Rest is upto you.

The only way you can have a job is via strong reference in that company ONLY. Let's say your brother (or friend) works in some company and holds good impact on employer and recommends you for the job. In that case, you need to send a letter saying all the visa expenses and sponsorship coast will be born by you. This is the best case for getting a job sponsorship.

Biolah

Jul 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
27th Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
30th Jan. 2014
LANDED..........
16th MAY 2014
@egrace62,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is SO insightful and timely for proper integration into Quebec Society. My Brother, i still dey wait for interview oooh, after about 8months of receiving letter that i have been wait listed for interview. I pray that God will continue to expand your coast and YOU shall reap the fruit of the LAND(Quebec,Canada) Amen. Pls, continue to remember us (Naija Family on this forum and Other) for perfect completion of this process. Thank you and God bless.

BIOLAH

Government of MONTREAL
The same conditions as with the government of Quebec applies. the only difference is that, the exam is much more tougher here. suprisingly, they pay higher than the big father (Quebec) :D :D :D and the recruitement process is much more faster due to better application management since they use online application process unlike the paper based process still being used by Quebec. Job postings with the government of Montreal can b found at
ville.montreal.qc.ca

GENERALS
Due to the law in Quebec, all job will always ask for Bilingual( FREnch-ENGLISH) but in most cases, the employer need just english speakers but the law compels them to advertise jobs as bilingual or French only.. for instance in my new job, i work only in English even though i am confortable working in both now!!! but the job posting was written in french and the requested for excellent language skills in French-English

to b frank with you, some pple do quit Quebec but then nobody knows what will bcom of them when they want to bcom citizen. but as for me, i decided to stay and undertake all that needed b done to improve my chances in the quebecoise society.
The government of quebec might not be perfect, but then they r really trying with immigrants with the level of support and so on. just that immigrants dont dig out this informations and they just take decision to quit. it wasent easy for me as well cos i had to do different kind of jobs ad still attending french classes evryday. It was not easy at all, but when the going gets tough, only the tough get going... i could av call it quit but with God on my side and my determination i worked at it. and after obtaing my credential evaluation and professional permit, i found out that i am now qualified to get a letter from the government and the letter simply
states: the person whose name appears above is qualified for salary grant with emploi-quebec. and wat that simply means is that, the government will assist any company that hires me in paying half of my salary, my employer will only pay half. there-by reducing the salary burden on employers. i was told to attach this letter to every job application i make and that contributed in no small measure to my securing my good job. i am sharing this so that those who truly plan to stay in Quebec can know he cost of that decision and begin the process of their integration even long b4 their arrival and also to those who av landed and are not aware about some of these things, hey!!!! wake-up , there are several things going on!!!!!!
i hang it here for now!!
rgds

[/quote]

Indian4mSA

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Sandton, South Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-05-2012
AOR Received.
21-07-2012
Just to answer a question someone asked "How did I put the flying quebec flag ?"

Just go to your profile -> Modify the "Forum Profile Information" -> copy and paste the following line of code into your LANDED textbox (or whatever you want)

< br / >< img src="http://www.factscanada.ca/elements/media/elements/qc-flag.gif" alt="" border="0" / >

NOTE: Please remove the spaces after "<" and before ">"

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Biolah said:
@ egrace62,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It is SO insightful and timely for proper integration into Quebec Society. My Brother, i still dey wait for interview oooh, after about 8months of receiving letter that i have been wait listed for interview. I pray that God will continue to expand your coast and YOU shall reap the fruit of the LAND(Quebec,Canada) Amen. Pls, continue to remember us (Naija Family on this forum and Other) for perfect completion of this process. Thank you and God bless.

BIOLAH

Government of MONTREAL
The same conditions as with the government of Quebec applies. the only difference is that, the exam is much more tougher here. suprisingly, they pay higher than the big father (Quebec) :D :D :D and the recruitement process is much more faster due to better application management since they use online application process unlike the paper based process still being used by Quebec. Job postings with the government of Montreal can b found at
ville.montreal.qc.ca

GENERALS
Due to the law in Quebec, all job will always ask for Bilingual( FREnch-ENGLISH) but in most cases, the employer need just english speakers but the law compels them to advertise jobs as bilingual or French only.. for instance in my new job, i work only in English even though i am confortable working in both now!!! but the job posting was written in french and the requested for excellent language skills in French-English

to b frank with you, some pple do quit Quebec but then nobody knows what will bcom of them when they want to bcom citizen. but as for me, i decided to stay and undertake all that needed b done to improve my chances in the quebecoise society.
The government of quebec might not be perfect, but then they r really trying with immigrants with the level of support and so on. just that immigrants dont dig out this informations and they just take decision to quit. it wasent easy for me as well cos i had to do different kind of jobs ad still attending french classes evryday. It was not easy at all, but when the going gets tough, only the tough get going... i could av call it quit but with God on my side and my determination i worked at it. and after obtaing my credential evaluation and professional permit, i found out that i am now qualified to get a letter from the government and the letter simply
states: the person whose name appears above is qualified for salary grant with emploi-quebec. and wat that simply means is that, the government will assist any company that hires me in paying half of my salary, my employer will only pay half. there-by reducing the salary burden on employers. i was told to attach this letter to every job application i make and that contributed in no small measure to my securing my good job. i am sharing this so that those who truly plan to stay in Quebec can know he cost of that decision and begin the process of their integration even long b4 their arrival and also to those who av landed and are not aware about some of these things, hey!!!! wake-up , there are several things going on!!!!!!
i hang it here for now!!
rgds

I must say very useful infromation.. :)

Thanks BIOLAH

Keep posting

Regards-Vicky

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
Wow! Thanks lot.. :)
Indian4mSA said:
Just to answer a question someone asked "How did I put the flying quebec flag ?"

Just go to your profile -> Modify the "Forum Profile Information" -> copy and paste the following line of code into your LANDED textbox (or whatever you want)

< br / >< img src="http://www.factscanada.ca/elements/media/elements/qc-flag.gif" alt="" border="0" / >

NOTE: Please remove the spaces after "<" and before ">"

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi vicky4frendz,
Yes, I m gujju :) and in fact you can find some more here on the forum such as harit79 and others i dont remember those namess :)

Well, I sent my application in Sept-2011 and got AOR in nov-2011. I have completed my A1 and A2 and I will be taking TEFaQ test on this 21st July.
Hope this much info is okay. If you need any more details, do let me know.
It is nice to meet a gujarati here. :)
vicky4frendz said:
@ MKShah:- Good to see some one from Gujarat and applied for CSQ as i am one of them. :)
I am also waiting for interview call like you, I have got AOR in DEC-11 and I have cleared A1 and now going to apear for A2.

How about you? Can we have more discussion?

Pls reply thanks !!

Thanks
-Vicky

mamakej

Sep 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egrace,
Thank you for sharing this very useful information. You are a source of encouragement to many. Thank you for not forgetting about us who are still here even though you have landed. I am very happy for you, for the progress that you have made in 9 months. May you continue to reap many more Blessings.

egrace62 said:
Government of MONTREAL
ville.montreal.qc.ca

GENERALS

i hang it here for now!!
rgds

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
Hello All,

I need help regarding the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. Am I qualified to apply for this if I have an Associate of Applied Sciences in Nursing (2 years) INSTEAD of a Bachelor's degree? I took my A.A.S. in Nursing in Oklahoma, USA from 2005 to 2007, passed the nursing licensure exam in the USA, and have been working as a REGISTERED NURSE in the USA for 3 years.

I also have a Post Graduate Diploma in Hospitality Management from the International College of Hospitality Management Cesar Ritz in Suffield, Connecticut (9 months from 2003 to 2004), and a Bachelor in Tourism from the University of the Philippines from 1998 to 2002.

Please, I need information if I am qualified for the QSW or perhaps FSW considering the information I have written above.

Thank you all.

raistlin

quantsegu

Jun 30, 2012
Hi,

My name is Lakshmi Narayana Segu. I am looking to apply for QSWP this year, mostly in October. Here is my profile:

Education : Masters in International Business (specalizations in IT and Finance), Bachelor's in Computer Applications (3 yrs)
Certifications : Professional Risk Manager (PRM), Certificate Program in Applied Mathematical Finance (Quant Finance course), Six Sigma Green Belt.
Experience: 6+ Years of experience in IT, as a Techno-Functional Business Analyst in Investment Banking domain, with KDB+, C# and Core Java.
Spouse: Bachelors in Technology (Computers) worked as IT Test Analyst for 3 years. Now, house wife as we were recently blessed with a baby boy.
Onsite Stay: Long Term - In Hong Kong for 1.3 years (considering 12 months), London for 3 months and visited several other countries.
Language Exams: Not yet given.
Age: Principal: 29 Spouse: 27 and Kid: 1 (just a week ago)

Questions:

1. As per the online test on Quebec we are eligible for QSWP, but request your expert review and advise if profile would get a chance?
2. Do i need to apply for Fingerprint in all embassies? when it is required?
3. Just started with French language, any good source which you could suggest?
4. What is minimum level for me to complete in French?
5. Is it mandatory for both of us (me and my wife) to take the French test?
6. What is considered a good score in IELTS, is it only points we get based on the bands?

The list is not yet exhaustive, as you all might have gone through this phase already. Can you please help me with this information?

Thanks in advance for putting efforts for providing me this information.

Regards,
Segu
Apologies for cross posting, i haven't seen this post can help.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Friends,
Thanks for the wishes...
Please note that the only for of Evaluation recognised in Quebec is the one done by (CEFAHQ) an expert body set up by the Quebec government for that sole purpose
see link:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/education/comparative-evaluation/submitting-request/index.html

Evaluation done by WES or any other body is not recognised in Quebec

yoanis_gil

Mar 8, 2012
Hi All,

How many points do I get for a DELF A2 ? I've read that principal applicant is granted 6 points (3 points for each skill), but I've come across some other sources stating that only 4 points are granted. Also, where can I check the current number of applications available for the permanent skilled worker? I know the limit is 14,300 (or so) but I was just wondering if there is an updated figure of how many can still apply ...

Regards,

Yo.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In downtown Montreal rare to find someone speaks french, all speaks english. for sure they cant survive with french, business language is english, in future will become chao chi ti tong chinese ;D
hollywood projects media in montreal. services companies , sales , they need english to sell federal.

let them declare is quebec as country,,,, in 1970s they wanted to seperate. now quebec 7+ million

in canada french will die, no way to survice lol

mamakej said:
egrace,
Thank you for sharing this very useful information. You are a source of encouragement to many. Thank you for not forgetting about us who are still here even though you have landed. I am very happy for you, for the progress that you have made in 9 months. May you continue to reap many more Blessings.

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
mkshah said:
hi vicky4frendz,
Yes, I m gujju :) and in fact you can find some more here on the forum such as harit79 and others i dont remember those namess :)

Well, I sent my application in Sept-2011 and got AOR in nov-2011. I have completed my A1 and A2 and I will be taking TEFaQ test on this 21st July.
Hope this much info is okay. If you need any more details, do let me know.
It is nice to meet a gujarati here. :)
Thanks MKShah

Good to hear that you are apearing for TEFAQ, Doest is really needed for application? Just asking as i am confused between B1 & TEFAQ.
What is job profile and work experiance?
Pls revert

spaniard

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Hello All,

I am new at this forum, can anybody help me in my assessment for Quebec immigration.

Education:
MBA(Finance) Total year of education=17 years
Experience:
3.9 years in bank (working in financial reportings(like of balance sheet items to Central Bank and management+ & handling different staff matters)
Language:
IELTS (7.5) Speaking (6.0)
FRENCH (DELF A2) (Listening: 9/25 and Speaking 22.5/25)
Bank Statement:
2889CAD$
Marital Status:
Single

Thank you

Regards,