+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
• Attestation of test results or a diploma recognized by the Ministère de l’Immigration
et des Communautés culturelles

it is clearly mentioned :S

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
• Attestation of test results or a diploma recognized by the Ministère de l’Immigration
et des Communautés culturelles
The following tests and diplomas are recognized:
– Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ)
– Test de connaissance du français (TCF)
– Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ)
– Test d’évaluation du français (TEF)
– Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF)
– Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF)
For contact information on centres that offer the tests, consult the following sites:
– TCFQ, TCF, DELF and DALF tests: www.ciep.fr/tcf_quebec/index.php and
www.ciep.fr/delfdalf/annuaire_centres.php
– TEFAQ and TEF tests: www.fda.ccip.fr/tef/tefaq

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
well one my friend in Uk he got CSQ and he is Quebec i was talking to him he told me that its very hard to find a job :( is it true and one of my friend said pr CARD is Quebec restricted

gryffindorgirl

Feb 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
6-1-2012
IELTS Request
16-3-2012(sent)
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
mkshah said:
To complete the entire process till visa stamped it usually takes 16-18 months from the date your AOR is issued.

However this is for BIQ HK.
Different BIQ and VO have different processing times. Such as damascus office applicants are waiting since more than 22 months now.

@mkshah
well thats some gud news. my BIQ office is HK. so thats gud! how long do u think it will take for me to get an AOR ?

Also,i got some info which i dont know is correct or not? is it true that if for example, i got to the US for my studies and apply for immigration from the US then the processing time is much much faster?

Basically, is it true that even if ur nationality is something else but ur applying from another country and u r living there temporarly then ur processing time is faster?off course depending on the processing time of that country. for examply i heard if u apply from new york it just takes 3 months??? :eek:

eagerly waiting for ur reply!

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey

what do you mean quebec restricted?

you cant work out side quebec?

well thats nice new ;D so they will be easy to get the CSQ because Quebec government worry they go to quebec then move to english place.

actually quebec is the best in canada :D

gryffindorgirl

Feb 15, 2012
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2011
AOR Received.
6-1-2012
IELTS Request
16-3-2012(sent)
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon
vickyRocks said:
@ gryffindorgirl,
Well i applied way before in August 2010 and still struggling to get a interview call, actually i was asked to submit french competency certificates due to which it took so long now its in process for selection interview hope it will be positive.. :)

Yes, the whole process from the date of receiving ur AOR to get Maple leaf on the Passport..
@vickyrocks
ohh ! sry to hear that but i hope u have finally submitted ur french marks and all. have you? what was ur french requirement if i may ask? was it till A2? also, now that u r familiar with my case...that is, i have sent all my docs which includes my ielts and french too...i sent it on may 5th...how long do u think it wil take to get an AOR?

waiting for ur reply :)

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Umer Shahzad said:
well one my friend in Uk he got CSQ and he is Quebec i was talking to him he told me that its very hard to find a job :( is it true and one of my friend said pr CARD is Quebec restricted
in my personal opinion, a lot of it depends on your profile. most of us here learn french for those 4 - 6 points. how many of us actually learn french for living in quebec ?? ;) after reading a lot of posts here and other articles about quebec, i think that french is a big deal out there. if you can master it you have better chances of getting jobs.

another thing is that you're pretty much zero when you land. your educational qualifications arent recognised by companies. your previous experience is not considered. "no canadian experience" will be a frequent rejection reason.

but if you master french and are comfirtable to work in a francophone environment, then the chances of securing a job are high. but doesnt mean there are no anglophones / anglophone jobs. there are plenty. but the competition for those limited jobs will be cutthroat! :-\ as evident with the huge number of chinese/indians/filipinos applying for QSW. I bet 70% of them hardly speak french.

depends on a lot of factors Umer. Its going to be DAMN TOUGH on landing. scary even, but how you survive and then succeed will require careful planning and a truckload of luck.

about restricted PR card - That makes no sense. You are a PR on landing there. your friend most probably got it wrong.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree vibez_well 200%

Come on guys if you are learning for 4-6 points only dont do it and dont apply for CSQ, learning language takes years, its like work experience.
Unless you can master your language, when we talk about french and I think francophonie citizens will understand.

The schools/universities french system ( which is very hard / je suis libanais)

When you learn language you learn culture and traditions, it will help you to adept easily.

See I am living in Dubai since 7 years and till now some words i know it in french and dont know it in english and I daily speak english at work.
some commons words cant adept to say it in english

I am used to wake up and say "bonjour" till now I feel confused to say "good morning"

So before you apply think twice, where you are going to live.

If you want to go to quebec in order to move to english cities you can apply directly to Federal

second which most important, the weather is very cold in Quebec
I have some friends from Asia they switch of the air condition when I feel hot they feel cold, can you adept in cold. Some cities like china cold too, but the idea.

finally god bless everyone :D

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello can you also debate on the attestion thingy for the DELF cos its really confusing mates

they said they need orginial attestion of french embassy :S whats that

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@umr

see take the TCF quebec is the easiest

TCF very hard

DELF harder and you have to select level exam A1 A2 etc

TEFaq hard and every wrong question you get -1 point

TEF very hard

for quebec only 2 exams TCF quebec and TEFaQ

;D

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
GREAT THOUGHTS SHARED BY OUR FRIEND VIBEZ... :)
I fully agree with everything you have written here.... :)

+ 1 to you...

vibez_well said:
in my personal opinion, a lot of it depends on your profile. most of us here learn french for those 4 - 6 points. how many of us actually learn french for living in quebec ?? ;) after reading a lot of posts here and other articles about quebec, i think that french is a big deal out there. if you can master it you have better chances of getting jobs.

another thing is that you're pretty much zero when you land. your educational qualifications arent recognised by companies. your previous experience is not considered. "no canadian experience" will be a frequent rejection reason.

but if you master french and are comfirtable to work in a francophone environment, then the chances of securing a job are high. but doesnt mean there are no anglophones / anglophone jobs. there are plenty. but the competition for those limited jobs will be cutthroat! :-\ as evident with the huge number of chinese/indians/filipinos applying for QSW. I bet 70% of them hardly speak french.

depends on a lot of factors Umer. Its going to be DAMN TOUGH on landing. scary even, but how you survive and then succeed will require careful planning and a truckload of luck.

about restricted PR card - That makes no sense. You are a PR on landing there. your friend most probably got it wrong.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
mkshah said:
GREAT THOUGHTS SHARED BY OUR FRIEND VIBEZ... :)
I fully agree with everything you have written here.... :)

+ 1 to you...
I think vibez just answer the very difficult question for interview..your motivation to stay in Quebec...I totally agree with him...

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
gryffindorgirl said:
@ vickyrocks
ohh ! sry to hear that but i hope u have finally submitted ur french marks and all. have you? what was ur french requirement if i may ask? was it till A2? also, now that u r familiar with my case...that is, i have sent all my docs which includes my ielts and french too...i sent it on may 5th...how long do u think it wil take to get an AOR?

waiting for ur reply :)
@gryffindorgirl..
Yes, i submitted all my french result of DELF A1 and A2 and just waiting eagerly for the interview call..i dont know when??any ways i was short of 2 points to reach the minimum threshold requirement for interview i hope it will be fullfiled by my DELF A1 and A2...there is specific criteria of receiving AOR however, the general time i have seen is minimum 15-30 days but maximum it can go to 2-3 months also on the BIQ website they have written that AOR may take number of months to receive due to the work laod..I am soory i have no info about ur case, it willl be ok if you share ur timeline...a bientot!!

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
DID ANY ONE ON THE FORUM RECEIVE INTERVIEW CALL AT BIQ HK.....