+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

ravi11

Star Member
Oct 19, 2009
Hi Angleeye,

Congratulations.

From where can we get the Email ID to contact the immigrations authorities. Could you please paste the link here. Do we need to communicate with them only in French?

Thanks for your reply.

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
wrote DELF A2 yesterday; i know i will pass it - its really basic french. Now I will write DELF B1 in the first quarter of next year! But they told me it will take 6-8 weeks for the result to arrive - shahi, is this normal?

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
chibiks said:
wrote DELF A2 yesterday; i know i will pass it - its really basic french. Now I will write DELF B1 in the first quarter of next year! But they told me it will take 6-8 weeks for the result to arrive - shahi, is this normal?
Congrats chibiks! I wish you all the best. I have enrolled for French classes at Alliance Francaise on Saturday November 20th. I only take lectures on Saturday's. I am also planning to be taking private lectures three times in a week, two hours per day. Please i would like to know if this will be enough for me to sit for A2 by late February or early March. I will aslo like to have the soft copies of some of the materials you used. You can post online resources here if any. Congrats in advance once more.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Congrats Chibiks..it takes 6-8 weeks...normal... Good luck for B1..

Shahi

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Hi guys,

The part that lays out the number of points of the CSQ, where it says "domaine de la formation" and then it says "points a la partie 1 (diplome etranger) ou a la partie II (diploma du Quebec ou l'equivalent) de la Liste" - what does that mean in terms of diplomas? It says you get either 0, 2,6, 12 or 16 points depending on the answer.

I have a Master's of Sociology from an American university. I'm trying to figure out my points for that part but I'm a bit confused. If anyone could help me out, that would be great.

Tokas62

Oct 26, 2010
Luanda
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria, RSA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
Me and my wife + 2 kids are planning to immigrate to Quebec, Montreal. Do you know about proof of funds and if these as to be sent toguether witht the application? Thanks.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Marylatt...which factor is confusing you??...

Tokas...proof of funds need not be sent with the initial application..

Shahi

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tokas62..

Proof of funds will be required at later stages.

Refer to the documents required by BIQ (which is Paris as I think if u reside in Angola), sometimes some documents required at initial application may vary from one BIQ to another.

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
Shahi said:
Marylatt...which factor is confusing you??...

Tokas...proof of funds need not be sent with the initial application..

Shahi
Shahi please help with the query below ... thx for being there for us ... Merci Boucoup!

Congrats chibiks! I wish you all the best. I have enrolled for French classes at Alliance Francaise on Saturday November 20th. I only take lectures on Saturday's. I am also planning to be taking private lectures three times in a week, two hours per day. Please i would like to know if this will be enough for me to sit for A2 by late February or early March. I will aslo like to have the soft copies of some of the materials you used. You can post online resources here if any. Congrats in advance once more.

mansoorhashmi

Star Member
Nov 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1 Nov. 2010
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
11-July-2011
Interview........
waiting
hi guys,

one query, if i can transfer USD$ 60,000/- to any quebec bank as a investment, would they give me my csq asap. as i mentioned earlier that i have submitted my family immigration beginning of this month.

please put some light on it... if someone has any experience in this regard.

all the best.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
DonSoft ..

I think A1 and A2 will be relatively simple for you if u have started taking classes and plan to take private classes 3 times a week... i think u ll be up for DEF A1 and A2 till feb then! Good luck!

Shahi

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mansoorhashmi..

This is not the way how things are done.
They may assess ur financial ability to settle in Canada at later stages, but having the needed funds will not affect the process or the time it would take.

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marylatt said:
Hi guys,

The part that lays out the number of points of the CSQ, where it says "domaine de la formation" and then it says "points a la partie 1 (diplome etranger) ou a la partie II (diploma du Quebec ou l'equivalent) de la Liste" - what does that mean in terms of diplomas? It says you get either 0, 2,6, 12 or 16 points depending on the answer.

I have a Master's of Sociology from an American university. I'm trying to figure out my points for that part but I'm a bit confused. If anyone could help me out, that would be great.
Marylatt, that table also confused me as I do not know how they determine if a degree is Quebec equivalent or not. I also have an MBA from an American University and wondered if they would count it as Quebec equivalent. So far, nobody has been able to shed any light on my query. Maybe someone on this thread knows something?

Really

Aug 14, 2010
caribgrl55 said:
Marylatt, that table also confused me as I do not know how they determine if a degree is Quebec equivalent or not. I also have an MBA from an American University and wondered if they would count it as Quebec equivalent. So far, nobody has been able to shed any light on my query. Maybe someone on this thread knows something?
This reply is for Marylatt and Caribgrl55. I have researched this same issue for some time and my findings are that most foreign degrees would not be considered equivalent. I think the only exception would be when it's a country that has a mutual agreement for the recognition of educational qualifications with Quebec and I think France is the only country that currently or is in the process of having a mutual agreement, so if your degree is not from France, I don't really think it counts as equivalent.

This link http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/diverses/list-training.pdf shows you the breakdown of points for the principal applicant and/or spouse according to the areas of training. It also breaks it down according to the type of institution, be it University, college or secondary school. So if you have a foreign degree, look to the top of the grid to check the number of points and then to the left of the grid to see if your area of training is included.

Caribgrl55, I know you stated earlier that you have an MBA, I reckon you would get 12 points for the masters degree and then 6 points for the area of training, because a foreign Business administration degree (university training) gets 6 points. Altogether, that makes 18 points.

Marylatt, you said you have a Masters in Sociology, since it is a foreign degree, based on the aforementioned list, I reckon you would get 0 points for field of training, because a foreign Sociology degree gets 0 points, but you would get 12 points for your Masters degree.

I still think a lot is left to the discretion of the Visa Officer, but this is my understanding of how the points for area of training are awarded. Hope this helps.

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks so much for your reply Really. That's the most comprehensive explanation I have received thus far, and it really does make sense. I suppose many things ultimately are left to the VO's discretion and we are at their mercy :(

Thanks again.