QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TanyaM said:
Salut tout le monde!

Does anyone know if there is any online service to check the status of the application (CSQ) by file number? I am afraid that there is no online service exist, only you can ask biq by sending Email.

Merci et a bientot :)

Tanya

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Examination of the application
Your application is examined in accordance with the regulation in effect.

One of three decisions is made once your application has been assessed:

•Selection based on the file: In some cases, an interview is not necessary and the application is processed solely on the basis of the applicant’s file. If you have attained the general passing scores of the selection grid, the interview may not be required. In this case, you will receive a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate) in the mail as well as information about Québec. You will be notified of the next steps in your immigration process.

uysidiane

Mar 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21-2-12
IELTS Request
with docs
Hello! Can anyone help me? I have received my Selection Interview Schedule for June 2012. I am wondering if you all can give me details in regards to it? What usually happens during the interview? What are the questions asked? What are the things I need to know and stuffs that I must bring. Please help! I'm getting more and more nervous each day... :eek:

An is there any Filipino nurses here and currently applying for Montreal? Maybe we can share experience....

Smallie

Star Member
May 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010 (Biq paris); 07-01-2013
AOR Received.
23-11-2011, Fed application AOR=>14-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-02-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-03-2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 (QSC Received 18-10-2012)
Passport Req..
03-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2013
LANDED..........
04-10-2013
fiirm said:
Hellon expert in the house
Is there anybody applying through BIQ PARIS that is yet to receive AOR?
I just needed to know how the processing is, i sent my application since Sept 2011 and am yet to receive any information from the visa office. Any suggestion what i need to do?

Fiirm
[/quote

@ Fiirm,

You do not need to do anything other than sit, relax, learn french and await your AOR. If you are not on priority occupation, your timing is perfect for BIQ Paris.

BIQ Paris is divided into 2 offices, Europe and Africa. The Africa office is very slow and it handles all applications coming from Africa. I applied in Dec 2010 and I did not get an AOR till Nov 2011. In the AOR, they acknowledged that my docs were actually received in Dec, 2010 and that they are experiencing delays due to the increase in the application volume received. Since then, I have been awaiting my interview invitation and till now, almost 5months later, there hasn't been any communication other than a mail sent in Nov 2011 shortly after the AOR to inform us that we are wait listed for interview and that the details of the interview will be communicated.

So broda, the name of this game is patience.

All the best.

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
Hello all

a new update on the immigration site seems to be strange about the applications to be accepted,

Does any body knows if this will be applied to all application under processing or only for new applicants?

please read the update it is very ambigous, this is the link
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/notice-applications-receipt.html

suggestions !!

regards

lev

Oct 19, 2011
uysidiane said:
Hello! Can anyone help me? I have received my Selection Interview Schedule for June 2012. I am wondering if you all can give me details in regards to it? What usually happens during the interview? What are the questions asked? What are the things I need to know and stuffs that I must bring. Please help! I'm getting more and more nervous each day... :eek:

An is there any Filipino nurses here and currently applying for Montreal? Maybe we can share experience....
hello uysidiane,

im a filipino nurse too applying here in montreal...contact me email at surelevs@yahoo.com

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Egypt2011 said:
Hello all

a new update on the immigration site seems to be strange about the applications to be accepted,

Does any body knows if this will be applied to all application under processing or only for new applicants?

please read the update it is very ambigous, this is the link
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/notice-applications-receipt.html

suggestions !!

regards
Hi egypt2011, this new rule has been discussed and debated much in this thread in last few days.
Pls check previous posts of this thread in last few days.
In a nutshell, they have applied cap for quebec immigrant quota. The decicion is pending for approval by quebec national assembly. If approved, it will come in effect from date 20th March 2011 (retroactive to 20th March 2011). So all applications they rcvd after this date will be processed as per this new rule.
In skilled worker category, they have divided applications in 3 groups:
Group 1: this will include basically all applicants who are applying from within canada/quebec or have ties some or other way with canada/quebec. There is no cap applied for this group 1.
You will also be a part of group 1 if your AOT is in the new list issued for 16 or 12 pts for AOT. however, now you must have related work experience in your field of AOT in last five years. If not then you will not be in Group 1, but in Group 3.
In Group 2, they have included the AOT with 6 pts. There is cap for this group 2. Maximum of 14300 applications will be processed from 21st march 2011 to 31st march 2012. The first update on applications received after 20th March 2011 will be made available on website on 31st March 2011.
Group 3: if you cannot find yourself in group 1 of group 2, then u will come in group 3. And they will not accept any application for this group 3.

I hope this info will help to clear the ambiguities. :)

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
@ uysidiane,
Congratulations for getting Interview. which is your VO and when did you applied?
Pls share your time line and basic details here:

Below is the link for interview questions posted by vibez_well.
vibez_well said:
xse2573
all the best for your interview. here are some questions which you should prepare for.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7ktfjp37al81uab

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
uysidiane said:

Also check below post by Bajan4Quebec for interview questions.

www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/search-results/-t37196.0.html;msg1253605;topicseen#msg1253605

This is really an exhaustive list of interview questions.
Thanks to Bajan4Quebec for posting it. :)

c82

Star Member
Jan 23, 2012
Dear MK Shah sir,

Your help is very much mean to me....

AS Adding MSC IT.I have been calculated below points from one of the agents.But I have some confusion thatway I seek your help.

As per the agent.

Details are given below.

Name:- vishal
Education:- 10+2+3+2(BCA;- Bachelor of computer application 3 years and 2 years MSC-IT) - 12 points
for BCA :- AOT points 6
Experiance:- 8 years - 8 Points
French Level:- A1 & A2 completed.(16 marks out of 25 in listening and speaking) - 4 points
Ielts Completed :- 5.5 bands - 4 points

I have 1 two years old child. - 4 points

My wife details are given below
(They counted 7 points for age+edu+Exp)I dont know how?
education:- 10+2+3(BA;- Bachelor of Arts) - 2 points
1.5 years of experiance - 1 point
She has completed French level A1. 2 points
1 point for fund.

Total they are counted 64 points

Brad_cin_dell

Jun 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2011
Doc's Request.
16-01-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2011
Hello Guys !!!

I think below link would put some light on the new visa norms:

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/entry/important-changes-to-quebec-immigration-programs-announced-220312.html

Thank You
Regards

Brad

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Dear Friends..
Here is just an example of why Quebec Immigration Needs to Bring in Quota system:
Link of the full story:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/chinese-discover-back-door-into-canada-through-quebec/article2374305/

Read on full story below:
Chinese discover back door into Canada — through Quebec
LOUISE WATT BEIJING - The Associated Press
Last updated Tuesday, Mar. 20, 2012 3:07PM EDT

The Centre for Immigration Policy Reform is pushing for a review of federal immigration
policy, something critics call 'very disturbing.' (J.P.
Moczulski for The Globe and Mail) Thousands of people in China are trying to write their own ticket out of the country — in French. Chinese desperate to emigrate have discovered a
backdoor into Canada that involves applying for
entry into the country's francophone province of
Quebec — as long as they have a good working
knowledge of the local lingo.
So, while learning French as an additional language is losing ground in many parts of the world
— even as Mandarin classes proliferate because of China's rise on the international stage
— many Chinese are busy learning how to say,
“Bonjour, je m'appelle Zhang.” Yin Shanshan said the French class she takes in the port city of Tianjin near Beijing even includes primers on Quebec's history and its geography, including the names of suburbs around its biggest city, Montreal. “My French class is a lot of fun,” the 25-year-old said. “So far, I can say ‘My name is ... I come from ... I live at' ” and, getting straight to the business of settling down in the province: “I would like to rent a medium-sized, one-bedroom flat.' ” Despite China's growing prosperity and clout, more and more of its citizens are rushing to the exits, eager to provide better education prospects for their children and escape from their country's long-standing problems, including hazardous pollution and contaminated food. Canada joins the United States and Australia
among the most favoured destinations. But many governments are making it harder to immigrate by imposing new quotas, cutting the professions sought under skilled-worker programs and raising the amount of financial commitment needed for the exemptions granted to big-time investors. That's where Quebec comes in. The province selects its own immigrants and
doesn't have any cap or backlog of applicants like
Canada's national program does. But it requires
most immigrants to demonstrate their knowledge
of French. Immigration agencies in Beijing started pushing
this program over the past year, telling people,
“this is the only way out, there's no other way,”
said Quebec-based immigration consultant Joyce
Li. These transplants must commit to living in Quebec
in their application, but, later on, they can take
advantage of Canadian rights to move to Toronto
or Vancouver, which most investor-emigrants do,
she said. “At the interview they make you sign the paper,
but once in Canada the Charter of Rights lets you
live anywhere,” she said. “Only about 10 per cent
of Chinese using the Quebec (investor) program
come here or even less. You don't see any of them.
It's too cold for many Chinese people. There's no direct flights.” Many Chinese have in the past sought to leverage
their way into Canada with job skills, as family
members of Chinese already there or with the
country's emigrant-investor program. But a
backlog of cases has prompted the federal
government to halt some kinds of family sponsorship applications for two years, and cap
investor applicants at 700 per year. So, Chinese are increasingly focusing on Quebec,
said Zhao Yangyang, who works at immigration
agency Beijing Royal Way Ahead Exit & Entry
Service Co. “That's why many people, whether they are rich or skilled professionals, are trying hard to learn French,” she said. Quebec's immigration minister, Kathleen Weil, said the province welcomes the heightened interest from potential immigrants. “We're happy about it and we want to keep them here,” she said. Alliance Francaise, which promotes French language and culture, turned away would-be students in the Chinese capital last year because its classes there were full for the first time ever. “There is a growing demand for immigration to
French-speaking countries and especially Quebec,”
said Laurent Croset, managing director of Alliance
Francaise in China. The number of lesson hours sold across China
from October 2010 to September 2011 increased
by 14 per cent compared with the same period in
the previous year. It's an “enormous” rise, Mr.
Croset said.
Many of those who want to leave are middle-class
professionals who own a larger-than-average
apartment in Beijing or Shanghai and earn more
than an annual 200,000 yuan ($32,000),
according to Ms. Zhao of the Beijing immigration
consultancy. “Of all those who want or plan to emigrate, 80 per
cent want their children to get a better education,”
she said. Chinese were the biggest group of immigrants to
Canada from 2001 to 2009, although they fell to
third place in 2010 behind people from the
Philippines and India, even as the numbers of
Chinese rose. In 2010-2011, China became the number one
source for immigrants to Australia as numbers of
new Chinese migrants rose to just under 30,000.
In the U.S., Chinese were behind only Mexicans in
being granted lawful permanent residence in the
three years to 2010, the latest year for which data is available. The exodus highlights how many Chinese see a
better future abroad. While China's policies have lifted millions out of
poverty over the last two decades, the
authoritarian government tightly controls many
aspects of daily life. China's leaders punish dissent
and any perceived challenges to their power, and
censor what can be read online and in print. They limit most families to one child. A test-centric education system hinders
innovation. Many parents want to send their
children to study abroad but are not able to afford
it unless they emigrate. Meanwhile, single-party rule has failed to stop a
growing rich-poor divide or address problems of
pollution and contaminated food. Even the sister of Vice-President Xi Jinping, who is
expected to become China's next president, lives
in Canada, according to a Wikileaks-released U.S.
diplomatic cable that cites a former close friend of
Ms. Xi's. Ms. Yin, who is studying French in polluted Tianjin
and who teaches Chinese at a middle school,
hopes to eventually study for a master's degree
once she successfully settles in Canada. “I have relatives and friends who succeeded in
emigrating to Canada so that's what inspired me to
move there,” she said. “I think what attracted me
to Canada is its environment, including the air and
food safety, and also the welfare system and
education. Education for the next generation.” Published on Monday, Mar. 19, 2012 6:40PM EDT

engineer2003

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSW 10-10-2011: Federal 01-02-2016
Doc's Request.
10-06-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 18-12-15
AOR Received.
13-11-2011 Federal 31-03-2016
IELTS Request
3-12-2011 7.0 bands & DELF B2 17-1-2015
Med's Request
20-4-2016
Med's Done....
4-5-2016, MEDICAL RECEIVED 8-5-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-5-2016
VISA ISSUED...
1-6-2016
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon!
mkshah said:
Hi egypt2011, this new rule has been discussed and debated much in this thread in last few days.
Pls check previous posts of this thread in last few days.
In a nutshell, they have applied cap for quebec immigrant quota. The decicion is pending for approval by quebec national assembly. If approved, it will come in effect from date 20th March 2011 (retroactive to 20th March 2011). So all applications they rcvd after this date will be processed as per this new rule.
In skilled worker category, they have divided applications in 3 groups:
Group 1: this will include basically all applicants who are applying from within canada/quebec or have ties some or other way with canada/quebec. There is no cap applied for this group 1.
You will also be a part of group 1 if your AOT is in the new list issued for 16 or 12 pts for AOT. however, now you must have related work experience in your field of AOT in last five years. If not then you will not be in Group 1, but in Group 3.
In Group 2, they have included the AOT with 6 pts. There is cap for this group 2. Maximum of 14300 applications will be processed from 21st march 2011 to 31st march 2012. The first update on applications received after 20th March 2011 will be made available on website on 31st March 2011.
Group 3: if you cannot find yourself in group 1 of group 2, then u will come in group 3. And they will not accept any application for this group 3.

I hope this info will help to clear the ambiguities. :)

[size=10pt][size=10pt]Dear ,

I would like to correct you with your misleading information.You had written 2011 which is a misleading information.We should read between the lines before posting any information so that we can help others with our information not to misguide & create ambiguities that does not even effect.....!!!

Regards,
Engineer
[/size][/size]

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
javeedislam said:
Dear Vikyrocks,
Thanks for your correction but unfortunately "gestion" means in french "management" and Bachelor in commerce is called "baccalauréat en commerce".

Seniors do me correct if i'm wrong.
Dear Javeedislam,

Thanks for correction. But which group does these degrees fall i.e. Business Administration,Bachelors in Commerce and Buisness Management and also which level of education is required e.g College/University.

Thanks.