App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Nomination.....
CSQ Received: 19-09-2011
LANDED..........
23-05-2012
shootingstar said:
Guys,
I'm trying to start off with the application form but not sure which is the right for the principal applicant. Can anyone direct me? Also,I'm unable to post links here.
the form that u mentioned in the other thread is the correct one. it should be accompanied by the financial self suffieciency form, and supporting docs which are available on quebec immi website. since you are a new member, thats y u r unable to post links!! any other query, pls let us know.

Plncmy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
04-10-2010
Interview........
Waiting
Hey, One of my friend in India who applied in July 26th 2010 has got a letter from BIQ Honk Kong that he is scheduled for interview. Does any one know how long does it take to actually get the Interview dates fixed.

Regards,
Palani.

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
I am about to register for TCF (Test de Connaissance du Francais). Please does anybody know if its more difficult or as easy as DELF? - I need to take TCF as the result comes in 3 weeks as opposed to DELF which takes like 1 month +.

Also does Quebec Government accept TCF?

canadianmaz

Feb 16, 2011
Seoul, Korea
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chibiks said:
I am about to register for TCF (Test de Connaissance du Francais). Please does anybody know if its more difficult or as easy as DELF? - I need to take TCF as the result comes in 3 weeks as opposed to DELF which takes like 1 month +.

Also does Quebec Government accept TCF?
This is what I found about the French tests from the Hong Kong BIQ:

To evaluate your language knowledge if neither French nor English is your mother tongue, you can enclose documentary proof attesting to your proficiency in French or English and, if applicable, that of your spouse.

To demonstrate your French language knowledge and speed up the processing of your application, enclose with your Application for a Selection Certificate an attestation relative to either one of the two tests recognized by the Ministère de l'Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) for assessing French language knowledge – either"

a Test d'évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ – French evaluation test adapted for Québec) or

a Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ – French language knowledge test for Québec)

You can also submit an attestation for: the Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF), the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF), the Test de connaissance de français (TCF) or the Test d'évaluation du français (TEF).

If you choose the TCF or the TEF, you must enclose an attestation of the results of both the oral comprehension test (mandatory test) and the oral expression test (optional test). Please consult the table (in French – PDF, 54 Kb) for a detailed description of these French tests.

To establish your English language knowledge, please enclose with your application the necessary documentary proof for yourself and your spouse, where applicable.
This proof could be the results of a recognized evaluation test, such as IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC and Cambridge tests. You may also enclose a document to prove that you have worked in English or French.

Seems you can do the TCF as well but WITH the optional modules included.

Hope this helps.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
Plncmy said:
Hey, One of my friend in India who applied in July 26th 2010 has got a letter from BIQ Honk Kong that he is scheduled for interview. Does any one know how long does it take to actually get the Interview dates fixed.

Regards,
Palani.
@plncmy

That's good news at least now they are scheduling the interview BIQ HK applicants too...when is he going to have interview?and where? I am having the same timeliness as yours...when are they going to call us ...it is really hard to wait anymore.

Plncmy

Star Member
Jul 15, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
04-10-2010
Interview........
Waiting
@quebec

That is the million dollar question. when they are going to call :D. I am expecting another 2 months delay in this. So let us see and wait for some more time. Probably in July or august.

SHahi, Do you have any idea after getting the interview schedule letter, how long does it take to get the exact dates from BIQ Honk kong ? My friend has been informed that he is scheduled for Interview and is in the waiting list.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
angeleye said:
the form that u mentioned in the other thread is the correct one. it should be accompanied by the financial self suffieciency form, and supporting docs which are available on quebec immi website. since you are a new member, thats y u r unable to post links!! any other query, pls let us know.
angeleye, thank you very much. Yes, I found the form and we need to complete the same form for our spouse too ,right?

I have a few more questions:
1.Once we fill the form for selection - for myself and spouse, do we also need to submit other documents along with that?
2. I am not the principal applicant but I have completed DELF B1. Should I submit this proof with the selection form? I have TOEFL iBT scores. Will that be enough or do I need IELTS?
3. The quebec immigration website mentions another form, permanent resident applicatn, do we submit this one also now?
Thank you guys.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
Plncmy said:
@ quebec

That is the million dollar question. when they are going to call :D. I am expecting another 2 months delay in this. So let us see and wait for some more time. Probably in July or august.

SHahi, Do you have any idea after getting the interview schedule letter, how long does it take to get the exact dates from BIQ Honk kong ? My friend has been informed that he is scheduled for Interview and is in the waiting list.
you are right ...but at least they could have informed us that when are they going to organize the interview. It has been already 5 and half month but still no news.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shootingstar said:
angeleye, thank you very much. Yes, I found the form and we need to complete the same form for our spouse too ,right?

I have a few more questions:
1.Once we fill the form for selection - for myself and spouse, do we also need to submit other documents along with that? ( yeah, u will need to back-up ur form with documentary evidence of all ur claims)
2. I am not the principal applicant but I have completed DELF B1( What of the principal applicant? what level of french proficiency does the principal applicant have?pls, if u may, kindly provide details for the PA and the dependant, so we can all determine if the best chance lies with u as the PA or as the dependent. Should I submit this proof with the selection form?( yeah pls do submit it, pls provide details for the PA I have TOEFL iBT scores. Will that be enough or do I need IELTS? provided it is to b submitted to BIQ it is ok if it is not more than 2yrs, only those who are plying the federal route must compulsorily submit IELTS
3. The quebec immigration website mentions another form, permanent resident applicatn, do we submit this one also now? No, u need not submit this form now. this form will only b needed in the second phase of the processing after u must have gotten ur CSQ
Thank you guys.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Plncmy said:
@ quebec

Guys no idea!!...practice french!!... i think u ll get interview notification in next two to three months!!...so dont worry be optimistic!!

Shahi

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
egrace, thanks so much for your details.

Well, in my case, the PA has no French knowledge but over 5 yrs experience in the profession. In my case, I am DELF B1 certified but I have only 3 years of professional work experience. Also, I do have TOEFL iBT score available, taken 3 months back

So would you suggest that I should be the principal applicant? Also, the funds and related sufficiency documents are not all in my name. So I think it would be more convenient to have all this under the PA's documents, I assume.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
Friends if anyone can help me with the following question, S'il vous plait :D

1. Do I need to send originals and Do I need to attest the copies of documents if I'm not sending any originals?
2.Do I need to send transcripts of my degree? Or is it enough if I send the diploma copy?
3.What letter is required from current employer?
4.How to send my TOEFL and DELF documents? Just attested copies?
5.I don't have my birth certificate with me. Will the passport identification page be enough?
6. In the Selection certificate form, do we need to fill all the addresses? I've lived in 3-4 locations over the last 10 years! And same case with spouse. So do we include all those addresses? I dont even remember the address :-(

Thank You for your help. Will wait for your response.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
shootingstar said:
egrace, thanks so much for your details.

Well, in my case, the PA has no French knowledge but over 5 yrs experience in the profession. In my case, I am DELF B1 certified but I have only 3 years of professional work experience. Also, I do have TOEFL iBT score available, taken 3 months back( well i do not think the above is strong enough for the other person to qualify as the PA, the five yrs experince will give 8points yl ur 3yrs will earn 6points as the PA so the difference is not that much so with u as the principal applicant the B1 will fetch u guys a minimum of 8points which would av compensated for the de-efficiency of 2points from experience.but if u apply as the dependant with the B1, it will only earn u a maximum of 4 points.,

So would you suggest that I should be the principal applicant?( based on the above analysis yes, cos the overall gain will far out-weigh the overall loss you lose 2points to gain 6points ;D Also, the funds and related sufficiency documents are not all in my name. So I think it would be more convenient to have all this under the PA's documents,( well BIQ does not ask for any bank/ financial statement, all u need do is to sign off the financial self sufficiency contract by writing the amount of money quebec expects u to bring with u to quebec as at the time of landing. this is based on ur family size. the document is self explanatory as to how to do the calculation and since both of u will b travelling together they are less concern if it ie the husband or the wife who is actually footing the bill I assume. keep shooting for the star.lol :D

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
shootingstar said:
Friends if anyone can help me with the following question, S'il vous plait :D

1. Do I need to send originals and Do I need to attest the copies of documents if I'm not sending any originals? do not send originals of ur docs, make a clean photocopy then take to a notary public to notorize them
2.Do I need to send transcripts of my degree? Or is it enough if I send the diploma copy?( transcript is important as it will enable to very if the course content of ur degree tallies with that of the same course in quebec. diploma is not enough
3.What letter is required from current employer? ( employment letter, payslip on company letter head, with the name of the signatory
4.How to send my TOEFL and DELF documents? Just attested copies? yeah, get ur attestation from the centre where u took yhe exam, make a clean 4tocopy, notorise then send. do not send original
5.I don't have my birth certificate with me. Will the passport identification page be enough? No, it is not sufficient. try and get a sworn affidavit if u can find ur birth certificate

Thank You for your help. Will wait for your response.