+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

hardik_khushi

Mar 17, 2013
Hello Mr. Mkshah,

Myself Hardik M Shah, i need some guideline from you to put up my application for QSW.

could you please provide me with your email to reach you?

hardik

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
helllo mr. Hardik,
This forum is a right place to discuss about all your immigration queries.
Dont hasitate to ask any question on this forum.
Also read previous posts on this thread. That will solve many of ur queries.
Good luck buddy.
hardik_khushi said:
Hello Mr. Mkshah,

Myself Hardik M Shah, i need some guideline from you to put up my application for QSW.

could you please provide me with your email to reach you?

hardik

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it will be tough if they will make changes like this. points to qualify will be increased unlike what was made on 2009. they will bring back the required points to 68 for married and 59 single. the additional points will come from le langue francais. just thinking in advance. :p :p
read the statement in bold letters that should be the case whatever changes they make.

Quebec Immigration Update: Changes to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program will allow the province to welcome more immigrants
OCTOBER, 2009

In the July, 2009 edition of our Newsletter, we reported that the province of Quebec, which is responsible for its own immigration program as part of an agreement with the federal government, would be making changes to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. The changes to the program were announced and implemented on October 14, and the new selection system for Quebec Skilled Workers may make it easier for some applicants to qualify.

The most significant change reduces the overall selection pass mark from 59 to 55 for a single applicant, and from 68 to 63 for a couple.
The breakdown of points awarded for education has been amended to recognize more types of diplomas than under the previous system. Undergraduate diplomas attesting to 1 or 2 years of university education and more vocational and technical diplomas are now considered.
In addition, the “Areas of Training” criterion, which awards bonus points to applicants with certain educational or training backgrounds, has been changed to reflect the current needs of Quebec's economy and labour market. Applicants with certain educational backgrounds will not only benefit from more points, but will also qualify for priority processing.

The breakdown of points awarded for education has been amended to recognize more types of diplomas than under the previous system. Undergraduate diplomas attesting to 1 or 2 years of university education and more vocational and technical diplomas are now considered.
In addition, the “Areas of Training” criterion, which awards bonus points to applicants with certain educational or training backgrounds, has been changed to reflect the current needs of Quebec's economy and labour market. Applicants with certain educational backgrounds will not only benefit from more points, but will also qualify for priority processing.
The breakdown of points awarded for an applicant's age has also been adjusted, so that it declines less rapidly after the age of 35 than under the previous system.
The more favourable weighting of the education and age criteria could make it easier for some applicants, who did not qualify under the previous system, to become eligible to immigrate to Canada under the Quebec Skilled Worker category.
Successful applicants obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ), and must then submit their application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (a Canadian visa office) for medical and security checks and the issuance of a Canadian immigration (permanent resident) visa.
This new selection system is in effect as of October 14 2009. Applications that were received by Quebec immigration offices before that date will be assessed under whichever system is more favourable to the applicant, while those received on or after October 14 will be assessed under the new system.

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
joidiple said:
it will be tough if they will make changes like this. points to qualify will be increased unlike what was made on 2009. they will bring back the required points to 68 for married and 59 single. the additional points will come from le langue francais. just thinking in advance. :p :p
read the statement in bold letters that should be the case whatever changes they make.

Quebec Immigration Update: Changes to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program will allow the province to welcome more immigrants
OCTOBER, 2009

In the July, 2009 edition of our Newsletter, we reported that the province of Quebec, which is responsible for its own immigration program as part of an agreement with the federal government, would be making changes to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. The changes to the program were announced and implemented on October 14, and the new selection system for Quebec Skilled Workers may make it easier for some applicants to qualify.

The most significant change reduces the overall selection pass mark from 59 to 55 for a single applicant, and from 68 to 63 for a couple.

The breakdown of points awarded for an applicant's age has also been adjusted, so that it declines less rapidly after the age of 35 than under the previous system.
The more favourable weighting of the education and age criteria could make it easier for some applicants, who did not qualify under the previous system, to become eligible to immigrate to Canada under the Quebec Skilled Worker category.
Successful applicants obtain a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ), and must then submit their application to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (a Canadian visa office) for medical and security checks and the issuance of a Canadian immigration (permanent resident) visa.
This new selection system is in effect as of October 14 2009. Applications that were received by Quebec immigration offices before that date will be assessed under whichever system is more favourable to the applicant, while those received on or after October 14 will be assessed under the new system.
Dear
Can you please send us the source of this information

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that was the change in OCTOBER 2009, i was just saying that it will be tough if they do it the other way around, because in 2009 they reduced the points for more applicants to qualify, but at this time they might be tougher they MIGHT put the original points back. keep praying. it was just my assumption. shall i remove my post? they might read it and put it into effect instead. :D

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
joidiple said:
that was the change in OCTOBER 2009, i was just saying that it will be tough if they do it the other way around, because in 2009 they reduced the points for more applicants to qualify, but at this time they might be tougher they MIGHT put the original points back. keep praying. it was just my assumption. shall i remove my post? they might read it and put it into effect instead. :D
New rules for 2012 came out on March 23, is it possible that we see the new rules for this year by March 23 again?

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the look of things,they are going to follow after what the federal skilled worker program turned to in other to reduce backlog.In essence,i am growing increasing sure that the program will be suspended for a while.Some people that applied since 2010 have not been called for interview.

The set of people that i know that stand at a vantage position are people that submitted after 5th of december,2011 because from that period,only complete application was collected as still being collected.They have started doing several verifications even before issuing AOR,just the way the federal scheme is undergone.

By an large,after march 31st,2013,i strongly think that they will not bring out new rules but concentrate on the 3 years backlog that they have so that the program can be attractive yet again.I strongly believe that several applicant will start hearing from them after March.That is why all continental BIQS' have been cancelled and all centralized in Montreal.With the several verifications they are carrying out now before given AOR,interview rate will drop seriously and decisions will be made on time.

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Master7 said:
New rules for 2012 came out on March 23, is it possible that we see the new rules for this year by March 23 again?
yes maybe even before march 23, we'll hear from them this week. i'm not shutting off my computer the whole week. :D we'll see.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi joidiple, javeedislam, master7, GENTLEANDREW,
read some of below guesses which i made for changes that can be possible for qsw.

one more thing they can do... to treat pre-dec 2011 applicants such as MI-1 applicants got treatment from FSW recently.... or to make process faster by avoiding interview and making decisions based on the file submitted ..

but at the last, I wish none of this changes affect the old applicants that means we.. :)
mkshah said:
well, changes cannot be predicted by anyone till it is declared. :)
Some guesses I can make based on latest changes in FSW as well as in QSW.

There may be list of eligible NOC / AOT such as in FSW. Applicants having these NOC / AOT can only apply. Also this list may be of very limited number of NOC / AOT.
There may be more stricter rules for language proficiency. As it is now clear that min B2 level of french proficiency is required for qsw applicant.

Interview may not be required in most of the cases, if applicant is reaching to threshold cut off points such as in FSW, csq will be given straight-way.

Any changes can be made by them, these are just wild guesses based on latest changes in immigration system.

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
hi joidiple, javeedislam, master7, GENTLEANDREW,
read some of below guesses which i made for changes that can be possible for qsw.

one more thing they can do... to treat pre-dec 2011 applicants such as MI-1 applicants got treatment from FSW recently.... or to make process faster by avoiding interview and making decisions based on the file submitted ..

but at the last, I wish none of this changes affect the old applicants that means we.. :)
yes all these things can be some of the changes. everybody is really becoming excited, let's see. :)

gery79

Star Member
Jan 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Viena
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That would have been fine and Such a good news

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
I don't think it would be a big change, I think they will suspend the program for while
They can't make it harder because they need people to apply, they need more immigrants, and if it is difficult or impossible to apply, Quebec will lose
for example by 2020, 95 thousands engineers will be retired in Canada
http://www.engineerscanada.ca/files/pam_e_NR_LMS_EN.pdf

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Bachar said:
I don't think it would be a big change, I think they will suspend the program for while
They can't make it harder because they need people to apply, they need more immigrants, and if it is difficult or impossible to apply, Quebec will lose
for example by 2020, 90 thousands engineers will be retired in Canada
If that program was indeed to be suspended, the minister would not have issued the statement that they were going to raise the level of French. So in my opinion they are not going to suspend it, though they are going to be more selective.

GENTLEANDREW

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What the minister said is for the future;it cannot happen now.A lot of people will be affected and the number of applicants will drop considerably.There is no point implementing any new rule(s) when you have applications backlog of more than 3 years.To me,i do not think that makes sense.

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Master7 said:
No, it's not possible on March 23, Québec folks don't work on saturday and sunday. You can expect new rules by 29th march coz general consultations are going on for loi 101. It would end on 28th march, after that we can expect some changes.