+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

ayaz123

Jan 1, 2012
Can you please tell me which institute take TEF for Pakistani nationals and also from where I can better practice the French skill to qualify for QUEBEC program. Your immediate response shall highly be appreciated,Thanks.

Ayaz

spaniard

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
ayaz123 said:
Can you please tell me which institute take TEF for Pakistani nationals and also from where I can better practice the French skill to qualify for QUEBEC program. Your immediate response shall highly be appreciated,Thanks.

Ayaz
Answer to your all questions is Alliance Francaise Pakistan.

Regards,

Canadavisa07

Oct 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-06-2012
AOR Received.
23-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
22-05-2013
Med's Done....
27-05-2013
Passport Req..
30-07-2013
bullrules said:
I am currently residing in Hyderabad INDIA. I am planning to submit the form to quebec by this month end.

Can anyone let me know mode of payment of the fees ?

In the website they mentioned

certified cheque (international or drawn on a Canadian bank);
Canada Post money order;
bank draft (drawn on a Canadian bank) or international money order;

I have access to CITIBANK,ICICI Bank in Hyderabad. Is it okay if i can take Demand Draft in these branches ? what is international money order and certified cheque ?

Please let me know..Thanks
Hi bullrules,

Did you send the DD ? If so, from which bank ?

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
Anybody familiar with background check for qsw applicants? It seems different than the one for FSW. (It seems the check is not as inclusive as some has already been checked during CSQ application. Of course I may be mistaken)

If somebody could give a good overview what are checked at which stage of the application ( and how long it takes) , I would highly appreciate.
Experts, please share your ideas with me!

Thanks

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
Dear Forum members,

I read somewhere that attestations for French exam will no longer be accepted and only ORIGINAL French language diplomas would now be accepted; However I checked the applications at immigration Quebec website and it says that attestations are still accepted. Does anyone know anything about this?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Master7 said:
Dear Forum members,

I read somewhere that attestations for French exam will no longer be accepted and only ORIGINAL French language diplomas would now be accepted; However I checked the applications at immigration Quebec website and it says that attestations are still accepted. Does anyone know anything about this?
Attestation is NOT ACCEPTED AT ALL ! i sent two Attestations and they returned back to me.
Only Original !
and if you can certify it from the Embassy of France that would be better !

Good luck

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
signalmaker said:
Attestation is NOT ACCEPTED AT ALL ! i sent two Attestations and they returned back to me.
Only Original !
and if you can certify it from the Embassy of France that would be better !

Good luck
Thank you for sharing. What if you send DELF A2 diploma first and a few months later you send DELF B1 diploma? would this be acceptable at all?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Master7 said:
Thank you for sharing. What if you send DELF A2 diploma first and a few months later you send DELF B1 diploma? would this be acceptable at all?
You can make the B1 exam from the begining and if you get less than 16/25 in Listening or Speaking it will be considered A2 in points.

But there will be the risk of not getting 50/100 in the four parts of the test.
Also, in Interview, if taken, you will have to show that you are from Level B1, which is not easy. So if you are sure of yourself at A2, then make it, it is not complicated, and not so easy. But, having a look at the B1 questions and Exams, it is different than A2.

Tell me if you have any Question.

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
signalmaker said:
You can make the B1 exam from the begining and if you get less than 16/25 in Listening or Speaking it will be considered A2 in points.

But there will be the risk of not getting 50/100 in the four parts of the test.
Also, in Interview, if taken, you will have to show that you are from Level B1, which is not easy. So if you are sure of yourself at A2, then make it, it is not complicated, and not so easy. But, having a look at the B1 questions and Exams, it is different than A2.

Tell me if you have any Question.
Thank you for your reply "Signal Maker". Ohh.. I did not know that, so if you take B1 and score anything less than 16/25 then you are automatically considered A2? also, what happens if you pass Listening and Speaking but you fail the other 2 parts of the exams?? What French exam did you take? which one do you recommend?

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey indian amis,

Quoi de neuf? Les personnes qui ont postulé en 2011 d'inde, est ce qu'il y a une nouvelle du BIQ hong-kong( seulement non- prioritaire)? c'est tellement dur l'attente.

Avoir un bière froid. Tchin Tchin!

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
Master7 said:
Thank you for your reply "Signal Maker". Ohh.. I did not know that, so if you take B1 and score anything less than 16/25 then you are automatically considered A2? also, what happens if you pass Listening and Speaking but you fail the other 2 parts of the exams?? What French exam did you take? which one do you recommend?
Hi Master7,

Could you please share your timeline. Since you're about the only other central american for QSW in the forum I would like to compare timelines..
What's your AOT..

In regards to your question to SignalMaker. I've taken both DELF B2 and TEFAQ and I feel that TEFAQ is easier than DELF. Specially because in DELF you have to gather certain points 16/25 to get full points for language and If you happen to fail you won't get anything. Also remember that DELF takes about 6-8 months to issue the original certificate. TEFAQ is easier and the same exam can give you different levels (I got B2/C1) so you might score more points for language and the certificate only took about a month to get issued.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Master7 said:
By the way i dindt mention that i am not sure if sending B1 later would work !
Becasue they calculate your eligibility in the very begining, and this is the new rule stated in Dec 6th 2011.

So it doesnt have sense that you send another one later, this is one part.
Why would you like to prove more language later if you already passed in the Eligibility for example ?

By the way : receiving the original DELF certificate from France needs 120 days, during which you will have finished the File number stage for sure !

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Master7 said:
Yes i guess it will be considered A2.

The other two exams by the way are much easier ( at least in A2 ), i made A2 !
Failing Under 5/25 i am not sure you will get the Certificate itself, i guess you will fail at all, so be careful.

What is you French Language ? If it is not solid just work on the A2, A1 is not enough to provev Language and B1 is considered Advanced.

By the Way: Listening Part in DELF is not Easy ! be careful ..

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
jazv4 said:
Hi Master7,

Could you please share your timeline. Since you're about the only other central american for QSW in the forum I would like to compare timelines..
What's your AOT..

In regards to your question to SignalMaker. I've taken both DELF B2 and TEFAQ and I feel that TEFAQ is easier than DELF. Specially because in DELF you have to gather certain points 16/25 to get full points for language and If you happen to fail you won't get anything. Also remember that DELF takes about 6-8 months to issue the original certificate. TEFAQ is easier and the same exam can give you different levels (I got B2/C1) so you might score more points for language and the certificate only took about a month to get issued.
Hello Jazv4,

Thank you very much for your feedback! after reading your reply there is no doubt that there is much more to gain on the TEF that there is on DELF. I will def. take TEF and not DELF. How did you score such a high score? are you a native French speaker? I am on my 8th month of intensive French (mon-fri) and I am finally getting a hang of it, it does take some time.

My situation is quite particular, I had an employer from B.C file AEO for me and sponsor my federal application unfortunately it was denied so I decided to apply through Quebec, however I have not been able to apply yet, I have one more semester of school before I can get my degree. My AOT is Business Management (Priority list section B) sorry I can't share any timelines with you yet.