waived
Passport Req..
PPR: 27-02-2015 1:47 PM IST ; DM: Not Yet, Hopefully soon
VISA ISSUED...
PP Submitted:02-03-2015 PP Received Back:12-03-2015
LANDED..........
soon....
lemans207 said:
try for twin ;D youll get double extra points ;)
lol so the points are not locked when the application is filed?

kbert

Star Member
Jul 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
SOON
Nomination.....
BY HIS GRACE
AOR Received.
BY HIS GRACE
File Transfer...
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Request
BY HIS GRACE
Med's Done....
BY HIS GRACE
Interview........
OVER COME
Passport Req..
VERY SOON
VISA ISSUED...
BY HIS GRACE
LANDED..........
BY HIS GRACE
Immigration Changing: Provinces Need More Skilled Workers

November, 2012
inShare

Earlier this month, discussions were held between federal and provincial authorities regarding improvements to the country’s Provincial Nominee Programs (PNPs). These discussions have been part of a larger move away from the current PNP system to one that will more effectively bring immigrants to provinces in need of their specific knowledge and skills.

Many provinces want to increase their annual Provincial Nominee quotas, which are allocated by the Federal government, in order to address widespread labour shortages. Saskatchewan is lobbying to increase its annual quota from 4,000 to 6,000. Ontario wants to raise its quota from 1,000 to 5,000, while British Columbia wants to take in 6,500, up from 3,500 this year.

The PNP System Today

The PNP system was implemented to allow provinces greater authority in choosing the Permanent Residents who arrive and settle within their borders. While provinces nominate individuals for Permanent Residency, the Federal government remains responsible for issuing visas and screening nominees for health and security.

PNPs benefit provinces throughout the country, as they are able to target workers who are most likely to succeed in their labour markets. Most PNP categories place an emphasis on work or study experience in the province, as well as training or skills in an in-demand profession. They may also develop special categories to help bolster targeted industries. British Columbia, for instance, offers an immigration stream exclusively for long- and heavy-haul truck drivers, whereas Alberta recently created a pilot program targeting trades such as ironworking and carpentry.

Despite its success, restrictions to the current PNP system have resulted in some provinces struggling to fill quotas while satisfying Federal government regulations. New Federal rules have also been implemented that require many PNP applicants to show proficiency in one of Canada’s two official languages.

PNPs in Transition

Ontario is one example of the need for PNP reform. The province receives more Permanent Residents per year than any other in Canada. The vast majority of these arrive through the popular Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), while only 1,000 are currently channeled through the Ontario PNP.

The FSWC has been undergoing a number of changes that are part of the government’s goal of creating a faster and more flexible immigration system. These new changes are promising for Canadian provinces, as they will better target immigrants who are well-placed to thrive in Canada’s economy. Unlike most PNP programs, a job offer is not needed to apply to the FSWC, and successful applicants may settle in any province of their choosing, except Quebec. While applications are not currently being accepted for the Skilled Worker category of the FSWC, changes to program regulations are expected to come into force in January 2013.

The FSWC will help attract immigrants with the education and experience needed to excel in Canada. However, provinces such as Ontario wish to complement this program with PNPs that can bring in immigrants whose profiles are particularly sought after in their province. During a recent meeting in Halifax, premiers from across the country urged the Federal government to allow their provinces greater flexibility in achieving their immigration goals.

“We want more space to be able to make our decisions about which immigrants will come to our provinces, where they will be settled and how many we’ll get,” said one premier.

The Federal government has been working with provinces to help them do so in a more efficient manner. One important proposed plan is the creation of an Expression of Interest (EOI) system. This system, which will be modeled on ones already in place in Australia and New Zealand, will create a pool of skilled applicants from which provinces may select candidates. Greater details regarding an EOI system and other changes to PNPs are forthcoming.

Options for Applicants Today

There are a number of options currently available for Permanent Residency applicants. Because every PNP is different, interested applicants may find themselves more suitable for some provinces than others. In addition, they may consider the FSWC and Quebec Skilled Worker programs as a path to Permanent Residency.

For the FSCW (opening in 2013), applicants must:

Have at least 1 year of full time work experience in the last 10 years;
Demonstrate at least an Adequate-Intermediate language proficiency in English or French (Canadian Language Benchmark: 7);
Obtain at least 67 points on the new point grid (based on language proficiency, age, work experience, education and adaptability etc.);
Have their foreign education credentials assessed, authenticated and given an equivalent value in Canada

For the Quebec Skilled Worker (currently open and accepting applications), applicants must:

Obtain at least 49 points on a 57-point grid;
Have at least a high school degree;
Have a degree or diploma in one of 110 areas of training/fields of study

“Individuals who are committed to settling in a specific province should pay close attention to any changes being made in upcoming months,” said Attorney David Cohen. “However, they should also be aware of other popular options, such as the FSWC and Quebec Skilled Worker programs. The Quebec Skilled Worker program is currently accepting applications for Permanent Residency, while proactive applicants are already preparing their files in anticipation of the FSWC opening soon.”

With provinces more than ever seeking to attract newcomers to their cities and towns, it appears that Canada has never been more welcoming.

To learn more about Provincial Nomination or one of Canada’s 60-plus immigration programs, please fill out a free online immigration assessment.

rupkatha

Nov 12, 2012
Dear Senior friends,

I need to know one more thing. Pls help me. That is:

My spouse has completed 02-years B. Com (Pass) and 02-years M. Com degree from National University.
In the Application form there is necessary to mention the subject CODE for training. Then what CODE number should i write there..?

Pls suggest me to complete my application form dear ...
rupkatha

pangandoy

Star Member
Apr 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October
AOR Received.
December
Med's Request
and RPRF --> January
Med's Done....
January
Passport Req..
April
VISA ISSUED...
April
LANDED..........
in June.....
Anybody who applied last October 2012 for permanent residency as Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker?

Master7

Jan 31, 2012
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-06-2019
IELTS Request
TEF: C1/ B2 IELTS: Band 8
Med's Done....
24-06-2019
DebR said:
Master7,

Would you like to explain that what is your french score? Because you have said that " Though my source is not official."
DebR,

What I meant is that I heard it from a member of this forum, everything that we talk in this forum unless confirmed by an official link is not official.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
signalmaker said:
Hello,

Thank you for answering. But i have applied in July 19th 2012, so don't apply for the interview rules. So what would the next step be ?
Hello Everybody,

can anyone answer my question ?

Thank you.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Got my permanent residence visa today, exactly 613 days after applying for CSQ. My full timeline is displayed on the left.

Nyla anum

Oct 14, 2012
Sydney, australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2012
AOR Received.
Waiting.....
Interview........
soon....
Passport Req..
soon....
VISA ISSUED...
soon....
LANDED..........
soon......
yes we applied in September 2012 still waiting for AOR.
pangandoy said:
Anybody who applied last October 2012 for permanent residency as Quebec-Selected Skilled Worker?

Nyla anum

Oct 14, 2012
Sydney, australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2012
AOR Received.
Waiting.....
Interview........
soon....
Passport Req..
soon....
VISA ISSUED...
soon....
LANDED..........
soon......
CONGRATULATIONS...... :)
Ketevan said:
Got my permanent residence visa today, exactly 613 days after applying for CSQ. My full timeline is displayed on the left.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Ketevan said:
Hi ketevan, congratulations buddy ! :)
best wishes for a good life ahead ! :)
Which city you are planning to live in quebec?

What is your aot? Pls can u share the exact points you received for each criteria such as age, aot, work exp etc to get csq.
Thanks in advance.

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ketevan said:

Many congratulations Ketevan.
Long journey comes to an end and new life is going to be start soon.
Wish you all the best for your future in Quebec.

QC_Student_PEQ

Star Member
Oct 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
26-07-2012
Med's Request
28-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sept-2012
Passport Req..
21-Feb-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-March-2013
LANDED..........
23-March-2013
I am very lucky that my application for QSW is going relatively very fast. (seems like the case for everyone who applied after buffalo's closed)
By the way, I am applied under QSW. Although it says Buffalo in the CSQ, my file was sent to Ottawa directly, as buffalo closed before I mail my application.

I've done my medical already and now waiting for passport request. Even if mine is going fast, of course I am very curious to know when I am expected to hear passport request. Could anyone with idea tell me when you think I will get PPR?
thanks in advance.

April 16th 2012 - Obtained my CSQ under PEQ
July 26th 2012 - ECAS shows that my application was received
Aug 23rd 2012 - Got an email from Nova Scotia that my PR Application is considered complete at will be sent to Visa Office
Aug 28th 2012 - Got an email from Ottawa asking me to perform Medical Test.
Sept 6th 2012 - Medical Exam performed (Clinic told me they mailed the results to Ottawa on the 1st of Oct)
Oct 27th - ECAS shows medical received
Nov 1st - In Process

Hoback

Apr 27, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
U024
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent upfront
Nomination.....
5-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with file
Med's Request
Sent upfront
Med's Done....
Sent upfront
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
In Canada since 22-08-2013
Ketevan said:
Congrats! These are the good news! :)