Exempted
Passport Req..
March 3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014
RICOLUNA said:
I applied under Skilled worker....me and my kids we hold European passports , i like to believe they take this into consideration. From my country of origin u get medicals in 6-7 month and after in 2-3 month the visa. But as i am living in Beirut i applied from here. This is the answer i got when i asked them to transfer my file. Hope it's true
[/quote

yes, I'm sure they took the European passports into considerations and it's probably why you are moving so fast in the process.
Someone mentioned that code 130 means priority...if priority means waiting 3 years already than I don't know how long a "normal" file would take. My fiance has code 130 and has been waiting almost 3 years! :(

anthonylb

Apr 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lmastory said:
hello everyone , without stating the source, 2 days old news: all our files are on hold till further notice. this is no rumour
Lmastory long time, why you won't mention the source?!?

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
1- just Lebanon (surprised?)
2- yes long time Anthony hope you have been doing well, answer is: simply cause i am not supposed to.

the thing is since the changes in immigration to canada started a while back has caused disbalance worldwide in its embassies which you are all familiar with, the rest of the world has recovered and picked up the processing pace however they were not affected by the situation in syria nor the fact of mass files transfers to an unprepared/untrained office and this is what the delay is about exclusive and only to beirut office and there is no telling how long it will take for them to pick up the pace and sort out the mess in the files queue. I seriously suggest to all of you to be patient instead of burning your nerves on a brick wall, we are all going , we just dont know which year and after we all leave we will never see or experience such disorder or delays cause simply we wont be here anymore to go through hardship in the most basic civilization functions and services. that is how i keep myself calm in this specific storm. the delay has caused alot of damage in my life in several aspects and all I can do is try to be patient and look at this delay as if it was a passing black cloud.

cheers

Canadian_Citizen

Aug 24, 2012
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Beirut/Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/11/2009 for CSQ
Doc's Request.
April 24, 2013
Nomination.....
03/31/2010 Received CSQ
AOR Received.
Federal May 6,2010
Med's Request
April 24, 2013
Med's Done....
May 27, 2013
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
March 3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2014
LANDED..........
March 28, 2014
Lmastory said:
1- just Lebanon (surprised?)
2- yes long time Anthony hope you have been doing well, answer is: simply cause i am not supposed to.

the thing is since the changes in immigration to canada started a while back has caused disbalance worldwide in its embassies which you are all familiar with, the rest of the world has recovered and picked up the processing pace however they were not affected by the situation in syria nor the fact of mass files transfers to an unprepared/untrained office and this is what the delay is about exclusive and only to beirut office and there is no telling how long it will take for them to pick up the pace and sort out the mess in the files queue. I seriously suggest to all of you to be patient instead of burning your nerves on a brick wall, we are all going , we just dont know which year and after we all leave we will never see or experience such disorder or delays cause simply we wont be here anymore to go through hardship in the most basic civilization functions and services. that is how i keep myself calm in this specific storm. the delay has caused alot of damage in my life in several aspects and all I can do is try to be patient and look at this delay as if it was a passing black cloud.

cheers
If they are untrained or unprepared...how are they processing sponsorship files? Sponsorship files have actually more security checks and digging that they have to do, to make sure it's not a fraud marriage. My MP spoke to an officer there, and they confirmed they are working and files won't be processed until 2013. I think they are trained, just working slower especially now with the Christmas season. I'm sure it will move faster in 2013!

yma981

Dec 21, 2010
Visa Office......
Lebanon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
24-02-2012
Med's Done....
05-03-2012
Passport Req..
25-07-2013
Hello guys,
I hope everything is good with you.

It is been a while. I check from time to time though, but due to the slowliness of the process and unfortunately the unprofessionalism of canadian agent in embassies which are supposed to be accurate, trained and friendly, i am starting to feel abandonned.
I sent them an email (my first) months ago enquiring about my file; No answer whatsoever, it feels bothering especially that u should be treated better by a country that claims what it claims.

I still have ~3 months until my medicals expires. still nothing. BOTHERING

Best regards and luck fellow applicants.....

Moon.82

Feb 24, 2012
wallah i cannot believe whats happening with us!! its almost 10 months our files was transfered to Beirut and still now, no one had any change in his file!! walla its too bad because no one know how much will be waiting?!!

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
Canadian_Citizen said:
If they are untrained or unprepared...how are they processing sponsorship files? Sponsorship files have actually more security checks and digging that they have to do, to make sure it's not a fraud marriage. My MP spoke to an officer there, and they confirmed they are working and files won't be processed until 2013. I think they are trained, just working slower especially now with the Christmas season. I'm sure it will move faster in 2013!

hey :) as mentioned in my previous post, by the time the files got transferred to the post in leb which,for decades, dealt only with visit and student visas was naturally unprepared/untrained for the new categories, how they managed the sponsorship files later on doesn't say anything about my application as a PR or this entire category .
now i hope you are right about the Christmas vacation because for most of us (PR) it has been at least a 3-years long Christmas vacation and counting while you can consider that every extra day spent in leb is a loss from several aspects (financial,experience, education, safety etc...) it is one of the most complicated countries/way of life to understand and the longer the exposure the thinner chances become to meet the initial immigration requirements of which it took half a a lifetime already to acquire from the first place, I cannot stress enough how this supposedly straightforward procedure can be a matter of life and death to some of the applicants who are being shun every time they attempt to contact the embassy, now if they didnt have a lack of number in working personnel and/or in need of training then why is there a delay and uncertainty for the last 11 months? the only legit updates we received were the increase/jump of processing times on the time table while the rest of the world proceeded as scheduled.

Best Regards,

tf

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada is reopening the Immigration for Federal Skilled Worker program in May 4th 2013, what about us??????

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
forget that you applied to canada, live your life just like you were living before you sent the application. i am doing that, canada is not a priority for me anymore, i moved on, so should you. it is not easy but you should start thinking about a plan B..

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
Wishing Happy holidays to everyone and may you celebrate next year's holiday surrounded by real snow and real holiday spirits.

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
I wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year & good news 2013
: :) ;) :D ;D :p

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
Merry Christmas everyone. Hope that everyone of us will celebrate next year's holidays in Canada.