+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec 2021 outland spousal sponsorship

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@frange Currently I plan to move to ROC and apply from there for spousal sponsorship. I plan to move all my documentation(banking, utilities etc.) to ROC but only one thing that I can't currently change my tie to Quebec is my employer. Though I move to ROC(Rest of Canada) legally and work remotely from there, considering my current permanent full time job with Quebec Employer and my strong ties with Quebec. Will this be a problem? Should I inform my employer to change my living address in their records to my future address in ROC or Should I request for a switch to contract from permanent job with current Quebec employer and then incorporate myself in ROC and work for my inc?
You should check but the regs seem to say "live in Quebec." This means your residential address, not your employer. Someone working in (for example) Hull who lives in Ottawa is a resident of Ontario. So you would need to change your residential address but it is not defined by your employer.

(I am not an expert on how they apply this but it is a general approach which applies to lots of things like taxation. I'm sure some Ottawa residents here may be able to confirm for spousal sponsorship)

Reactions: yesh

yesh

Mar 6, 2018
@frange thanks again for the reply . I agree with you mostly what matters is where I live and who I work for and what is in their records shouldn’t matter .

frange

May 25, 2018
@frange Currently I plan to move to ROC and apply from there for spousal sponsorship. I plan to move all my documentation(banking, utilities etc.) to ROC but only one thing that I can't currently change my tie to Quebec is my employer. Though I move to ROC(Rest of Canada) legally and work remotely from there, considering my current permanent full time job with Quebec Employer and my strong ties with Quebec. Will this be a problem? Should I inform my employer to change my living address in their records to my future address in ROC or Should I request for a switch to contract from permanent job with current Quebec employer and then incorporate myself in ROC and work for my inc?
Your job is not matter , its location as well as long as you meet the financial requirement for 3 consecutive year , if needed. Most of the time, if you sponsor your wife and her minor children, no financial requirements needed. So, What's matter is your principal residence, that's mean where you live. This address should be in the ROC at the time you apply, not in Quebec.

Reactions: yesh and armoured

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Any idea how long does it take to get AOR for CSQ? It's been more than a week that my app has been delivered so not sure if they'll send it back

frange

May 25, 2018
Any idea how long does it take to get AOR for CSQ? It's been more than a week that my app has been delivered so not sure if they'll send it back
Did you use a tracking number?
Actually it is around 25-35 business days, not calendar day.
Could you update your signature with CSQ step?

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Well I tracked it with Canada Post. Saw someone else's timeline and they got AOR in less than 7 business days.

kittenlover

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hi, how did you receive updates regarding your CSQ such as "undertaking approved" ? My CSQ was sent similar to your date but I've only received CSQ AOR and CC charged.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi, how did you receive updates regarding your CSQ such as "undertaking approved" ? My CSQ was sent similar to your date but I've only received CSQ AOR and CC charged.
I called them every week and gave my info. My CSQ was processed in around 2 business weeks and I already receive it.

Reactions: kittenlover

hanzi

Jul 28, 2021
Hi guys, our CSQ has been delayed - post is really slow coming to Australia because of COVID.
In our CIC account there was an application countdown to receive the CSQ and the clock has now counted down to 0 and the application has now gone. My PR application still shows but not the CSQ. Anyone had this happen to them before?
I sent a webform to say our CSQ is delayed ... not sure what else we can do.

bellatrix

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Dubai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London - UK
App. Filed.......
28-10-2018
Nomination.....
CSQ
AOR Received.
29-12-2018
IELTS Request
16-04-2014
File Transfer...
12-12-2019
Med's Request
30-01-2020
Med's Done....
16-02-2020
Interview........
N/A
Hi! Planning to sponsor my husband once I arrive in Quebec. Can you pls share what will be the requirements? He is already included on my application with medical done as well, he is a Non accompanying spouse.

Ar6464

Jul 29, 2019
I applied for spousal sponsorship outland from
Quebec. Now im at process medical and background check is done and i applied for CSQ in feb 2022. MIFI asked me for additional documents. I sent them back and after that i did not heared anything from them. Its been a year i am waiting for CSQ. Now i decided to move to onatrio because i have better job opportunity. My question is do i have to withdrawal my sponsorship file or i can move to ontario with just a notice to IRCC with proof of new resident and it will be fine.
any recommendations please advice me, thanks.

Banu02

Jan 13, 2023
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
26-10-2022
AOR Received.
07-01-2023
I applied for spousal sponsorship outland from
Quebec. Now im at process medical and background check is done and i applied for CSQ in feb 2022. MIFI asked me for additional documents. I sent them back and after that i did not heared anything from them. Its been a year i am waiting for CSQ. Now i decided to move to onatrio because i have better job opportunity. My question is do i have to withdrawal my sponsorship file or i can move to ontario with just a notice to IRCC with proof of new resident and it will be fine.
any recommendations please advice me, thanks.
Check my signature for timeline - who is your VO?

Ar6464

Jul 29, 2019
Check my signature for timeline - who is your VO?
VO is new delhi, tracker is showing everything complete. I moved to ontario last month after 1 year of delay from
Quebec. I updated my address and never hear back from IRCC yet.

Banu02

Jan 13, 2023
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
26-10-2022
AOR Received.
07-01-2023
VO is new delhi, tracker is showing everything complete. I moved to ontario last month after 1 year of delay from
Quebec. I updated my address and never hear back from IRCC yet.
I am surprised CSQ was pending for that long when I received mine in 12 days. Nonetheless, I wish you all the best and I think notifying the IRCC of your new resident address is a good start.