+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Kareem222

Sep 12, 2011
Bad news for me! Unfortunately, they sent my complete application back to my mailing address, because my lawyer applied on Feb 18, and his credit card expired on May 30, 2020, he thought that it will only take 1-2 months to get CSQ before the COVID-19 pandemic, now they (MIFI) ask him to resubmit with new credit card information.
My question is, will they restart from the beginning or they will resume from where it was? I mean should we wait again for 6 more months :(

Last edited:

Nkpj

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Bad news for me! Unfortunately, they sent my complete application back to my mailing address, because my lawyer applied on Feb 18, and his credit card expired on May 30, 2020, he thought that it will only take 1-2 months to get CSQ, now they (MIFI) ask him to resubmit with new credit card information.
My question is, will they restart from the beginning or they will resume from where it was? I mean should we wait again for 6 more months :(
I believe you will be restarting back to the bottom. From past experiences of others.

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
Bad news for me! Unfortunately, they sent my complete application back to my mailing address, because my lawyer applied on Feb 18, and his credit card expired on May 30, 2020, he thought that it will only take 1-2 months to get CSQ before the COVID-19 pandemic, now they (MIFI) ask him to resubmit with new credit card information.
You have to restart again. My suggestion is to make a Canada Post money order instead of paying with credit card. I got CSQ AOR with money order payment receipt.

Reactions: Canada&CO and Nkpj

Florence611

May 28, 2020
Does anyone has an idea if the SPonsor needs to send the hard copy of the csq to the PA? Does immigration will need to check it?

Amykas

Aug 23, 2019
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
01-08-2019
AOR Received.
10-10-2019
File Transfer...
21-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
05-12-2019
Omg im so sorry to hear that. Call MIFI and see if they can help out so you wont need to start over. Wishing you all the best. Keep us posted if you get any news.

Reactions: Canada&CO

Hakr9596

Dec 31, 2019
Category........
FAM
I also sent my application feb 13 and they returned it June 9 because they couldn’t charge my credit card. I don’t understand why they couldn’t because my credit card wasn’t expired...I called my bank and they told me MIFI put the incorrect expiration date and the incorrect 3 digit number on the back of the card. Super frustarating!! I called MIFI and they said it’s too late to do anything now they already sent my application back. I did send a second application with another credit card. I hope they don’t make that mistake again...

EliseM55

Jul 2, 2020
Hi Everyone, first time I am posting here.
I am sponsoring my spouse. I live in Quebec.
I received confirmation today that we were approved for the CSQ but that it hasn't been sent yet. I have two questions:
- Does anyone know how long it takes for MIDI to send the CSQ?
- Once the federal government is notified that the CSQ was issued, does anyone know how long it takes for them to give a final answer? (our Visa office is Mexico)

Thank you, we appreciate any info anyone can give us! We have now been waiting A years and a half since we submitted our application and the wait is really frustrating!

Nkpj

Star Member
May 4, 2020
I received confirmation today that we were approved for the CSQ but that it hasn't been sent yet. I have two questions:
- Once the federal government is notified that the CSQ was issued, does anyone know how long it takes for them to give a final answer? (our Visa office is Mexico)

Thank you, we appreciate any info anyone can give us! We have now been waiting A years and a half since we submitted our application and the wait is really frustrating!
1. My confirmation of acceptance was June 9th and still didn’t receive it by mail it . They said 3-4 weeks to you . Once you get it send a copy to CIC by webform
2. No there’s no specific time frame. Especially with the lengthy processing times now due to covid :( it depends now .

Reactions: Sara015

EliseM55

Jul 2, 2020
1. My confirmation of acceptance was June 9th and still didn’t receive it by mail it . They said 3-4 weeks to you . Once you get it send a copy to CIC by webform
2. No there’s no specific time frame. Especially with the lengthy processing times now due to covid :( it depends now .
Thank you for your answer!
I can't believe you still haven't received it! Wow this process is so frustrating..
And for 2. we really have no idea? Do we know what it was like before Covid19? Or at least some time frame? Another month? Another 6months? Another year....?

Nkpj

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Thank you for your answer!
I can't believe you still haven't received it! Wow this process is so frustrating..
And for 2. we really have no idea? Do we know what it was like before Covid19? Or at least some time frame? Another month? Another 6months? Another year....?
I know I’ve been checking the mail daily and nothing it’s sad: they said it’s been printed and mailed so confused why I havnt recieved it .
Not really . Shouldn’t be a year but like sometimes people hear within a few weeks , a month, 2 or more . Again now with covid it can take time

EliseM55

Jul 2, 2020
I know I’ve been checking the mail daily and nothing it’s sad: they said it’s been printed and mailed so confused why I havnt recieved it .
Not really . Shouldn’t be a year but like sometimes people hear within a few weeks , a month, 2 or more . Again now with covid it can take time
Have you told them you haven't received it yet? If they sent it Im assuming it should only take a few days to get to you otherwise it could have gotten lost? I keep calling them and sometimes I get really helpful people on the line and other times they are just plain rude..

I guess I'll be crossing my fingers so that the Mexico office processes our request quickly :oops:

Nkpj

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Have you told them you haven't received it yet? If they sent it Im assuming it should only take a few days to get to you otherwise it could have gotten lost? I keep calling them and sometimes I get really helpful people on the line and other times they are just plain rude..

I guess I'll be crossing my fingers so that the Mexico office processes our request quickly :oops:
I have called they said it’s “mailed” but that means they printed it out and everything. They said they print many out and they send it as a batch. So I assume they didn’t send it out yet or have done it and still getting sent out (two weeks been holiday weeks so mail is slow during these times) I keep calling they said we send it out in a batch. It’s been printed. I will keep waiting but if by the 9th of July I don’t get anything imma send an inquiry

Leger809

Jan 3, 2020

[/QUOTE can you please post your timeline?

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Called MIFI a while ago to check about my CSQ. (I only call them once a month )

CSQ in process and they dont know how long its going to take. (Thats it and nothing else)

FYI..

CSQ Receive date - Dec 30 2019
CSQ AOR - Feb 11 2020