+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019
quebec started lifting its measure yesterday. In Montreal though businesses are gonna remain closed until may 18th at the earliest.
I wouldn't hold my breath for the CSQ this administrationdoesn't want immigrants and they are doing their best to slow down and delay applications. They don't care. I am expecting delays of at least a year for applications that were recieved in november on. I wouldn't be surprized if they started denying applications using covid 19 as an excuse. I called today and the agent told me that they cannot update their website because they do not have access to their offices and that they are working from home which means that processing will be much slower. it does not look good Im sorry to say. I sent my application in December and I don't think I'll get it before the end of the year.
You mention that the agent said that they cannot update the website because they do not have access to their offices. I find this difficult to believe, as they had no problem posting this page after the confinement measures were instituted:
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/informations/actualites/actualites-2020/covid-19.html

Malikhk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
It saddens me so much to read that you wish you never came to Quebec. Alas, I understand your frustration. I think that overall, Quebec is a welcoming society and can be a great place to immigrate. The problem is the current administration and the overwhelming bureaucracy and inefficiency at all levels of the provincial government. I have found the federal process with IRCC to be quite efficient, actually. The sole problem is MIFI. Calling the agents on the phone is useless. We need to bypass these agents and file official complaints to get things moving. These are the official ways to do this:

1. Submit an official complaint to Commissaire aux plaintes - MIFI (official way to submit a complaint to MIFI)
http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/commissaire-plaintes.html

2. Contact the Commissaire aux plaintes' representative at MIFI. You can also contact this person to officially request information on your application if you cannot obtain this information through the call center. If you do not get at reply, to can contact the Commisaire de l'accès à l'information.
IMMIGRATION, DE LA FRANCISATION ET DE L'INTÉGRATION
Tabita Nicolaica
Responsable de l'accès à l'information et gestion des plaintes
1200, boul. Saint-Laurent #2.200 Montréal (QC) H2X 0C9
Fax : 514 873-1810
https://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/questions-frequentes/lacces-aux-documents-dans-les-organismes-publics/
https://www.cai.gouv.qc.ca/documents/registres/CAI_liste_resp_acces.pdf

3. Contact your provincial MNA (our politicians are supposed to help us in these situations). Find your local MNA here:
http://www.assnat.qc.ca/en/deputes/index.html#listeDeputes

@BahratFL : You refer to a post about filing a complaint with https://ombudsmandemontreal.com/en/ . You can try, but this is the ombudsman for the municipal government. Perhaps filing a complaint with the provincial ombudsman would be more effective. The provincial equivalent would be:

4. File a complaint with the provincial ombudsman
https://protecteurducitoyen.qc.ca/en

For the ombudsman website it says : "Due to the exceptional circumstances stemming from COVID-19, our offices are currently closed. Only requests concerning the health and safety of individuals are handled. " Should we still file the complaint?

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019
For the ombudsman website it says : "Due to the exceptional circumstances stemming from COVID-19, our offices are currently closed. Only requests concerning the health and safety of individuals are handled. " Should we still file the complaint?
The complete notice states... "Due to the exceptional circumstances stemming from COVID-19, our offices are currently closed. Only requests concerning the health and safety of individuals are handled. We urge you to file your complaint online. "

Yes, their offices are closed, but you can still file your complaint online. Processing delays are likely, but I assume that the sooner the complaint is filed, the sooner it will be processed.

Furthermore, I would argue that the delays at MIFI have a significant impact on our mental health.

Fleurdelys

May 2, 2020
How does the AOR letter from MIFI look like? It is an email or it is sent by mail? Just want to know what to look for. Thank you !

Canadacanadavisa

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
2021-06-14
AOR Received.
2021-11-09
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2022
How does the AOR letter from MIFI look like? It is an email or it is sent by mail? Just want to know what to look for. Thank you !
Good evening ! You’ll receive a letter by mail :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Fleurdelys

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
I receive by mail the AOR and the CSQ also. Nothing by email (The only email I receive is the confirmation of my message for my complain).
Need more than 5 months between the AOR and the CSQ.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Below are the investigations results of complaint made against MIDI/MIFI. It looks like it's not about the current administration only.

SEPTEMBER 25, 2017
Immigration: more than a year to process an application for reconsidering a decision

https://protecteurducitoyen.qc.ca/en/investigations/investigation-results/immigration-more-than-a-year-process-application-reconsidering-decision

The result
Further to the Québec Ombudsman’s intervention, the candidate’s file was handled as a priority. The Québec Ombudsman learned that, as it had requested, the Department’s personnel were issued a reminder in order to ensure that files no longer go missing. The Québec Ombudsman was also informed that the delays for processing reconsideration applications are now down to three months, which is a marked improvement.

(His file was lost.)

The 2016-2017 Annual Report of the Québec Ombudsman, made public in the National Assembly today, reveals that yet again, long wait times generated the greatest number of substantiated complaints about government departments and agencies.

More than a year after the January 5, 2016 rollout of the new web portal for processing applications for Québec selection certificates, as at March 31, 2017 the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion had yet to begin processing online applications (examination of applications from certain territories began this summer).

https://protecteurducitoyen.qc.ca/en/news/press-releases/2016-2017-annual-report-long-wait-times-the-main-ground-for-complaints-about-government-departments-and-agencies

I could go on but you have the link and you can search the different investigations results.

I will post more about the latest annual report in the Quebec Immigration thread.

Reactions: mlei9569

Malikhk

Star Member
Nov 24, 2019
Just called MIFI and the lady said there is no difference between when they say your file is being treated or your file is waiting to be treated.

The thing is that there is two steps .. the first step they will see that all the required papers are there (not if anything is missing in them) in this case they will open your case in their system and tell you your file is being treated is waiting to be treated. However, the real work and progress will be made based on the date displayed on their website. The date that they are aware has not change since March but they can't do anything about it and they don't know anything about when it will change or if it is even the correct date (how convenient).. Our only real hope is that this virus nightmare goes away sooner than later. :mad:

Reactions: tham_son

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Just called MIFI and the lady said there is no difference between when they say your file is being treated or your file is waiting to be treated.

The thing is that there is two steps .. the first step they will see that all the required papers are there (not if anything is missing in them) in this case they will open your case in their system and tell you your file is being treated is waiting to be treated. However, the real work and progress will be made based on the date displayed on their website. The date that they are aware has not change since March but they can't do anything about it and they don't know anything about when it will change or if it is even the correct date (how convenient).. Our only real hope is that this virus nightmare goes away sooner than later. :mad:
Malikhk, I see your application with IRCC is MORE than 12 months.
I think (this is my personal opinion),
A) go see your provincial deputy, give her/him a writing notice (mise en demeure) your intention is to take legal action again the MIDI for false information's and lie on the web site (about the delay will NOT create any delay in the permanent resident visa process). Say the ONLY missing document to process your visa is the CSQ and the actual delay cause you problem and prejudice.
B) have a copy sign (reception) from your deputy office, and fax it to MIDI.
My 2 cents

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Malikhk, I see your application with IRCC is MORE than 12 months.
I think (this is my personal opinion),
A) go see your provincial deputy, give her/him a writing notice (mise en demeure) your intention is to take legal action again the MIDI for false information's and lie on the web site (about the delay will NOT create any delay in the permanent resident visa process). Say the ONLY missing document to process your visa is the CSQ and the actual delay cause you problem and prejudice.
B) have a copy sign (reception) from your deputy office, and fax it to MIDI.
My 2 cents
Has this worked for you or anyone? In our case its the same we are waiting for CSQ. Jan 2019 applicant.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
It work for me.
I see on your timeline it take more than 12 months to do the medical... why ?
In our case initially during my PR time I had parallely added wife to CSQ application and received her CSQ. But there were some confusions and we decided to get my PR only first.

And then I started the PR sponsorship for my wife in the following months. I did a mistake by attaching the CSQ that she received with me earlier (the category is skilled worker). IRCC got confused or whatever and they never proceeded our application further (never got csq request). I panicked after 12 months, applied for GCMS notes and understood that the CSQ is invalid and I sent a form to request IRCC to issue me CSQ request. Put lot of pressure through MP to get this step done. So they sent medical request and CSQ request at the same time during last week of Feb.

Applied for CSQ on 2nd March by directly dropping the mail in their office. its been more than 2 months now we dont have any updates. Besides all these, my wife's work permit got expired and she is on implied status (waiting for her new work permit approval for quite some time now)

Do you think we can follow up through commissioner aux complaints to follow up our file and request to get it done asap?. if CSQ is done then our PR process is complete. Feeling helpless. Our situation is weird and special.

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
In our case initially during my PR time I had parallely added wife to CSQ application and received her CSQ. But there were some confusions and we decided to get my PR only first.

And then I started the PR sponsorship for my wife in the following months. I did a mistake by attaching the CSQ that she received with me earlier (the category is skilled worker). IRCC got confused or whatever and they never proceeded our application further (never got csq request). I panicked after 12 months, applied for GCMS notes and understood that the CSQ is invalid and I sent a form to request IRCC to issue me CSQ request. Put lot of pressure through MP to get this step done. So they sent medical request and CSQ request at the same time during last week of Feb.

Applied for CSQ on 2nd March by directly dropping the mail in their office. its been more than 2 months now we dont have any updates. Besides all these, my wife's work permit got expired and she is on implied status (waiting for her new work permit approval for quite some time now)

Do you think we can follow up through commissioner aux complaints to follow up our file and request to get it done asap?. if CSQ is done then our PR process is complete. Feeling helpless. Our situation is weird and special.
I agree, your situation is special.
I see this from 2 parts,
A) they write on the site the date of application they presently process.
B) they also write this delay will NOT create delay in your CSQ.
I will send them a fax, about your situation (the delay give you problem and prejudice.
But you are not in the "normal" path, also it is a mix/confusion in the "initial" CSQ you send them.
Your situation are between 2 seats.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
I agree, your situation is special.
I see this from 2 parts,
A) they write on the site the date of application they presently process.
B) they also write this delay will NOT create delay in your CSQ.
I will send them a fax, about your situation (the delay give you problem and prejudice.
But you are not in the "normal" path, also it is a mix/confusion in the "initial" CSQ you send them.
Your situation are between 2 seats.
Thanks for the response.
You mean fax to the commissioner aux complaints ? I will definitely try today. I remember seeing two options call or online form.

JeanP.

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Thanks for the response.
You mean fax to the commissioner aux complaints ? I will definitely try today. I remember seeing two options call or online form.
No, to the MIDI agent who manage your applications. For them to know, now it create a delay in your IRCC process (and the MIDI can not do delay AND you know about this rule)