+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec’s MIFI New permanent immigration pilot program for IT

asim.ansari

Feb 15, 2017
Quebec’s MIFI New permanent immigration pilot program for IT
========================================
I am starting this new thread for anyone temporarily working in Quebec and is waiting for the implementation of new permanent immigration pilot program (this program is expected to launch in January, 2021) for workers in the sector of information technologies [IT]. Eligible NOC list given below.

I hope this forum may help bringing everyone eligible/interested together to help each other.

According to the MIFI, this program (and two others programs for orderlies, sectors of visual effects, IT, artificial intelligence [AI] and food processing [FP]) is scheduled to come into effect at the beginning of 2021.

Eligible occupations (organized by National Occupational Classification code) for the information technologies includes:

1. information systems analysts and consultants (NOC 2171);
2. computer and information systems managers (NOC 0213);
3. software engineers and designers (NOC 2173);
4. electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 2133);
5. computer programmers and interactive media developers (NOC 2174);
6. computer network technicians (code 2281); and
7. electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians (NOC 2241).

Eligibility requirements — Quebec’s immigration pilot for workers in IT

This pilot program will target people residing in Quebec who have an offer of employment or are currently employed in the sector of information technologies.

The information technologies stream will have the following requirements for applicants:

1. Education: Hold a diploma from a technical program which is equivalent to a Quebec diploma of college studies or higher.
2. Work experience: Have at least 24 months of full-time skilled in an eligible occupation (see below) gained within the five years preceding application.
3. Current employment or employment offer: Either be currently working or hold an offer of employment for a position in an eligible occupation (see abovew). The position must have an hourly wage greater than the ninth decile of the average hourly wage of the last 3 years available for that employment, as estimated by the Minister of Employment and Social Solidarity.

This pilot program covers the artificial intelligence, information technology and visual effects sectors. It will last five years and will select up to 550 people and their families every year.

The selection will be equally distributed between the artificial intelligence sector and the other two sectors. This pilot project is meant to both attract international talent working in these sectors and ensure the retention of those who are already in Quebec on a temporary basis.

Application procedure — Quebec’s immigration pilot for workers in IT

At this time, Quebec has not yet released details about how eligible applicants will be able to submit their applications. Details about application procedure are expected closer to the program launch date in January, 2021.

It should be noted that Canadian permanent residence applications submitted through Quebec programs typically follow a two-stage process. First, applicants must apply to the Quebec government for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ). After receiving a CSQ, applicants may submit a subsequent application at the federal level for their permanent resident status.

Jan 14, 2021
hello. do you think they would need one year experience in the same IT job in montreal . or just the employment letter would work. i am completing 1 year experience in noc b in june 2021. but i only started working in IT from November 2020. i don't know if i'll be eligible for this.

Feb 6, 2021
I am working in IT field with noc code 2171 , residing in Dubai .
Does this program require job experience in Quebec ? Can foreign workers with experience in similar field can apply ?
Please reply .

Reactions: asim.ansari