+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

quebac-stayingtime

kumar5

Star Member
Apr 18, 2010
Dear brothers,
Pls tell me after getting approval to staying in Quebac how much time we have t stay compulsory in the quebac??? Shall i go to thru next flight to alberta / ontario /manitoba or else where?? after immediately landing to quebac. pls ans asap.

vikrant

Feb 6, 2011
Hi Kumar,

Sorry for a question in this post but I am thinking to apply for canadian PR under Quebec nomination, from within UK. Before applying for Selection Certificate, I wanted to confirm is it compulsory that we know French? As I am not very good in French and hold no French language qualification certificate as of now, but I have a very good Masters degree and work experience. What do you suggest?

Thanks

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Hey Kumar !

first thing that you gotta do is to get yourself an evaluation from the official site...

http://www.form.services.micc.gouv.qc.ca/epi/index.jsp?languageCode=en

well, its not mandatory to know french. but understand that the csq is granted on the basis of your ability to integrate into Quebec society. so knowing and having some certificate of french will add huge value to your application.

enroll for some french classes and take it forward.

vikrant said:
Hi Kumar,

Sorry for a question in this post but I am thinking to apply for canadian PR under Quebec nomination, from within UK. Before applying for Selection Certificate, I wanted to confirm is it compulsory that we know French? As I am not very good in French and hold no French language qualification certificate as of now, but I have a very good Masters degree and work experience. What do you suggest?

Thanks

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
I think they should have any procedure to prevent the Quebec immigrants to use the Quebec immigration as a window to enter other provinces of Canada, but I believe this doubt would be solved once you entered the beautiful Quebec land.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no mandatory official "staying-time" for Quebec or any PNP in any other province. However, you do sign a statement saying that you are intending to settle in that province. If you can be proven to have lied on any of your immigration papers, you can lose your PR.

It is only recently that immigration has started to cancel PR visas of people who are trying to land outside their PNP province and who either admit or evidence shows that they are not planning on settling there. Others have been given their PR but put on watch by the PNP in their province to look into if they do settle in that province and leaving it up to the PNP to report them if they don't.

In the future, the provinces themselves might crack down on this behaviour even more. It is possible that you will get away with leaving soon after landing and nothing will happen to you. It is also possible that Quebec will find you in a year or two or three and ask you since you came through their program, what attempts you have made to settle in Quebec. If you left Quebec a day after you landed as a PR, you will not be able to say that you made any attempt. Therefore, it is safer to start out in Quebec and try to find a job there. If you have been there for a few months and are unable to find a job but get a job offer somewhere else, then you can go ahead and move. If anybody were to ask you later, you can tell the truth, that is, you intended to settle, you gave it a try but unfortunately it did not work out for you there.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
There is no mandatory official "staying-time" for Quebec or any PNP in any other province. However, you do sign a statement saying that you are intending to settle in that province. If you can be proven to have lied on any of your immigration papers, you can lose your PR.

It is only recently that immigration has started to cancel PR visas of people who are trying to land outside their PNP province and who either admit or evidence shows that they are not planning on settling there. Others have been given their PR but put on watch by the PNP in their province to look into if they do settle in that province and leaving it up to the PNP to report them if they don't.

In the future, the provinces themselves might crack down on this behaviour even more. It is possible that you will get away with leaving soon after landing and nothing will happen to you. It is also possible that Quebec will find you in a year or two or three and ask you since you came through their program, what attempts you have made to settle in Quebec. If you left Quebec a day after you landed as a PR, you will not be able to say that you made any attempt. Therefore, it is safer to start out in Quebec and try to find a job there. If you have been there for a few months and are unable to find a job but get a job offer somewhere else, then you can go ahead and move. If anybody were to ask you later, you can tell the truth, that is, you intended to settle, you gave it a try but unfortunately it did not work out for you there.
c'est vrai.