+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine

ER1993

Nov 17, 2020
Hi all,

I am moving to Vancouver from the UK on 15th June. I'm wondering what the situation will be with quarantine - I have been fully vaccinated against Covid, and wonder if there is talk of quarantine being avoided in these circumstances?

Thanks,

Elliot

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I wouldn’t count on the mandatory 3 day hotel quarantine to be lifted by then but you never know. Being fully vaccinated at this point makes no difference.

ER1993

Nov 17, 2020
Nor the 14 day quarantine restriction, mid June is a month away. The restrictions aren't going away anytime soon.
Oh what a pain! Is it possible to fly into Seattle, and then drive to Vancouver to avoid the hotel quarantine? I see that if you travel to Canada via a land border, there is no need to quarantine in a hotel.

Thanks!

Elliot

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh what a pain! Is it possible to fly into Seattle, and then drive to Vancouver to avoid the hotel quarantine? I see that if you travel to Canada via a land border, there is no need to quarantine in a hotel.

Thanks!

Elliot
You can. When you land in Seattle, you need an approved negative Covid test to enter. So depending on the lab, you may need to spend a night or two in Seattle.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019

Thanks!

Elliot
I heard, but not 100% sure that many car rental places won't rent to people who plan to take the car across the border. Lots of calls for the Fed gov't to close the loophole allowing people driving across the border to avoid the hotel stay.

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
you have to do the 14 days quarantine if you fly in no matter what. I landed on 29th April did my arrival COVID test which was negative did the Day 8 test which was also negative but still have to quarantine until day 14.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I heard, but not 100% sure that many car rental places won't rent to people who plan to take the car across the border. Lots of calls for the Fed gov't to close the loophole allowing people driving across the border to avoid the hotel stay.
How about pickup vehicle at Sea-tac airport, drive, drop off vehicle at border towns such as Blaine and then walk across the border?

Girlfrombc27

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
people like you are the reason why this restriction wont go away anytime soon. be responsible enough and stop finding ways around it.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
At this rate with people looking to circumvent the quarantine rules I foresee we’ll be all clear of the virus, In let’s say 2030
Anything to try and save a buck I guess and debatable whether worth all the extra time and effort. You get to the US and before you can cross the border you need another covid test, so that's probably a night or 2 in a hotel. Then your rental car or taxi to the border then 14 day quarantine once you get across. Don't really see much if any savings $$ wise.

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
Today is the last day of my quarantine and tomorrow I can mix with the locals. Did I enjoy the experience? Not really but the point is that it is the right thing to do. If I want to make Canada my home, what’s 2 weeks?
I just don’t get why people are so desperate to get around the system. This is the law here. If you don’t want to abide by the law, then perhaps you’re not the sort of person Canada wants.