+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine with girl friend who is already in Canada

proceso

May 1, 2020
The website has been updated and public health is taking quarantine arrangements more seriously. The federal government phone line says one thing but the provinces who are in charge of quarantine say otherwise and the website has been updated The issue became those who quarantined with family or roomates were exposing whole households and some all got sick. If someone entering Canada does get covid they want to limit it to one person. How does the quarantine arrangement follow these requirements unless they have a loft or a basement? @proseco how big is the home?

A suitable place of quarantine is one where you:

• Have access to the necessities of life without leaving your place of quarantine
  • Have a separate bedroom if the space is shared with family/friends who didn't travel with you
  • Can limit interactions with others in the household. If spaces, such as a kitchen, are shared:
    • wear a mask or face covering if a 2m distance cannot be maintained;
    • thoroughly and regularly clean common areas after use
  • Are not living with those at risk of more severe disease
  • Are not in close contact with others who did not travel with you. For example, do not quarantine in:
    • a group or communal living setting, including camps or students dorms unless the location is pre-authorized;
    • a household with a large family or many people
    • a shared small apartment or similar setting
It's a one bedroom apartment

Unfortunately the federal government isn't running the quarantine. Would check with the province or your local pubic health office. What province are you going to?
Ontario :)

I don't know what to do now o_O

nichellecueto

Dec 24, 2020
Hey guys, girlfriend here. The reason why I’m ok with it is because of 5 of my colleagues here did it. They all went into quarantine with their parents and partners. Today, a close friend of mine is in isolation with her bf who arrived today. If anything, I don’t think Canada will kick him out. The worst case is they will ask him to revise his quarantine plan at the airport.

Reactions: palash24

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, girlfriend here. The reason why I’m ok with it is because of 5 of my colleagues here did it. They all went into quarantine with their parents and partners. Today, a close friend of mine is in isolation with her bf who arrived today. If anything, I don’t think Canada will kick him out. The worst case is they will ask him to revise his quarantine plan at the airport.
Just proves that the borders are not doing a good job. Now that there are more contagious strains apparently they will be screening better. Anyone visiting Canada needs to prepare a quarantine plan that complies with the rules posted on the website. As a Canadian you should also be doing your part and following the quarantine rules so if your bf has covid he only gets covid not the both of you. The rules online have been clarified because so many were quarantining with families and you end up with whole family groups with covid.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah why are you complicating it lol HAHAHAHA
Not sure why quarantining properly is so funny when many of us are not with our families because we are following the public health guidelines and our hospitals are at or above capacity. This just confirms why Ford had a meltdown on TV this week about at least 25% not quarantining properly and the volume of people entering Pearson in our "closed borders".

Reactions: phaijalkhan

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Unfortunately the federal government isn't running the quarantine. Would check with the province or your local pubic health office. What province are you going to?
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding quarantine plan. My husband will be coming to Canada and we are trying to finalize a quarantine plan.

I live in 2-bedroom, 1 washroom apartment with my parents (age ~53) and grandma (age ~73). Thus, we don't want to risk my grandma's health by having him quarantine in the same apartment.

The back-up plan would be to book 2-bedroom, 1 washroom basement/ apartment via Airbnb and he can quarantine in 1 of the bedroom and I also quarantine in the the other bedroom. The reason for my quarantine would be to not go back to my aprartment (where my grandma and parents are already living) after picking up my husband from the airport. We will sanitize common areas (i.e. kitchen and washroom) after each use. We will have food and other necessary supplies delivered out-side the door of the rental place by my parents. In my case, I work from home so I do not need to step-out for work related purpose. Thus, I and my husband will be in complete quarantine for 14-days at the rental place.

Am I allowed to occupy the second bedroom of the rental place if I didn't travel with my husband? And how do we disclose in his quarantine plan that I will also be quarantined with him?

Please advise.

Thanks!