+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine with girl friend who is already in Canada

proceso

May 1, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to travel to Canada in the first week of Jan. My idea is to quarantine with my girl friend who is already in Canada.

she will be working from home during those 14 days. Will they accept this as a proper quarantine plan ?

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to travel to Canada in the first week of Jan. My idea is to quarantine with my girl friend who is already in Canada.

she will be working from home during those 14 days. Will they accept this as a proper quarantine plan ?
I would say don't risk it.

Reactions: proceso

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
I think if you choose such a place for your mandatory 14-day quarantine, all occupants will automatically be placed on quarantine with you based on fact that they are in contact with you. So, if she doesn't have what doing during that supposed quarantine days, then is ok. But, if she must go out for work or any other thing, then it may not be a good idea as her movement will be restricted as well. Experts can tell better.

iamsid

Nov 6, 2020
You can Quarantine to your Friend's or Relative's Place if upon asking, you can prove enough that you will be living in a Non-Shared Bedroom with Bathroom Attached. Also, you will have to prove them that how are you planning to manage your food and Medicines (if required) and Lastly, if you are not Quarantining in the Paid accommodation (Where you may not have the Receipt for it), you have to provide a letter from who is helping you in Quarantine stating that She will be taking all the responsibilities of your food and Medicines and she needs to approve in the letter that you both would not be sharing the spaces.

And, God bless you brother that you have someone you love present in Canada and trust me, even if your parents be there and if you have to Quarantine with them, please don't. What if something goes wrong with respect to Covid. You know how much you love your ones and you will surely not want to risk their life. (If you have antibodies present in you, go ahead!) But, as a matter of respect and love, stay away from your loved ones until you test negative.

We only live once and you surely dont want to loose what you have. And, I do know that it may not be feasible for everybody to spend money on Quarantine. But, Airbnb is also somewhat a cheap option. Think it as of an investment to save your loved one's life if something goes wrong. I would pray that nothing goes wrong. But, you never know.

I and my family had been tested Positive and I have also lost my dear ones. Kindly stay safe and may everything go alright with you! God bless you and may you achieve all your dreams..

binnareyn

Star Member
Jun 9, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2020/11/government-of-canada-announces-new-mandatory-requirements-for-travellers-to-canada.html
https://www.publicsafety.gc.ca/cnt/trnsprnc/brfng-mtrls/prlmntry-bndrs/20201201/010/index-en.aspx
  • Failure to comply with this Order is an offence under the Quarantine Act. The maximum penalties include a fine of up to $750,000 and/or imprisonment for six months. Furthermore, a person who causes a risk of imminent death or serious bodily harm to another person while wilfully or recklessly contravening this Act or the regulations could be liable for a fine of up to $1,000,000 or to imprisonment of up to three years, or both.

Last edited:

proceso

May 1, 2020
I think if you choose such a place for your mandatory 14-day quarantine, all occupants will automatically be placed on quarantine with you based on fact that they are in contact with you. So, if she doesn't have what doing during that supposed quarantine days, then is ok. But, if she must go out for work or any other thing, then it may not be a good idea as her movement will be restricted as well. Experts can tell better.
She explained the situation to her work place and they asked her to quarantine with me and work from home.

but i'm not so sure about how the border officers will it. All the official documents I found says I should not have any contacts with anyone during this period.

proceso

May 1, 2020
You can Quarantine to your Friend's or Relative's Place if upon asking, you can prove enough that you will be living in a Non-Shared Bedroom with Bathroom Attached. Also, you will have to prove them that how are you planning to manage your food and Medicines (if required) and Lastly, if you are not Quarantining in the Paid accommodation (Where you may not have the Receipt for it), you have to provide a letter from who is helping you in Quarantine stating that She will be taking all the responsibilities of your food and Medicines and she needs to approve in the letter that you both would not be sharing the spaces.

And, God bless you brother that you have someone you love present in Canada and trust me, even if your parents be there and if you have to Quarantine with them, please don't. What if something goes wrong with respect to Covid. You know how much you love your ones and you will surely not want to risk their life. (If you have antibodies present in you, go ahead!) But, as a matter of respect and love, stay away from your loved ones until you test negative.

We only live once and you surely dont want to loose what you have. And, I do know that it may not be feasible for everybody to spend money on Quarantine. But, Airbnb is also somewhat a cheap option. Think it as of an investment to save your loved one's life if something goes wrong. I would pray that nothing goes wrong. But, you never know.

I and my family had been tested Positive and I have also lost my dear ones. Kindly stay safe and may everything go alright with you! God bless you and may you achieve all your dreams..
Thank you all for your point of views.

I think I have a good understanding to take a decision now

Reactions: Odogwu_Nwoke

palash24

Star Member
Dec 2, 2020
Hello Everyone,

When are you planning to visit Canada? Will you please update your encounter with the border officer? I am in the same situation.

proceso

May 1, 2020
When are you planning to visit Canada? Will you please update your encounter with the border officer? I am in the same situation.
Hello,

I'm planning on the first week of Jan. I'm thinking of calling the border officers to double check on the matter. I'll post about it here

Please do the same if you find any details on this

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you all for your point of views.

I think I have a good understanding to take a decision now
You can only quarantine with your gf if she has a separate area of her home where you can quarantine.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

A suitable place of quarantine is one where you:

• Have access to the necessities of life without leaving your place of quarantine
  • Have a separate bedroom if the space is shared with family/friends who didn't travel with you
  • Can limit interactions with others in the household. If spaces, such as a kitchen, are shared:
    • wear a mask or face covering if a 2m distance cannot be maintained;
    • thoroughly and regularly clean common areas after use
  • Are not living with those at risk of more severe disease
  • Are not in close contact with others who did not travel with you. For example, do not quarantine in:
    • a group or communal living setting, including camps or students dorms unless the location is pre-authorized;
    • a household with a large family or many people
    • a shared small apartment or similar setting

Reactions: proceso

proceso

May 1, 2020
You can only quarantine with your gf if she has a separate area of her home where you can quarantine.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/2019-novel-coronavirus-information-sheet.html

• Have access to the necessities of life without leaving your place of quarantine
  • Have a separate bedroom if the space is shared with family/friends who didn't travel with you
  • Can limit interactions with others in the household. If spaces, such as a kitchen, are shared:
  • Are not in close contact with others who did not travel with you. For example, do not quarantine in:
    • a group or communal living setting, including camps or students dorms unless the location is pre-authorized;

Yesterday I called the ArriveCan hot line given in this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan/contact-us.html

I explained my situation to them, they said I can quarantine with her if she also quarantines with me. I said I'll provide a letter stating she will work from home and all.

This is also turning into a relationship problem if i don't push to quarantine with her

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
unless u intentionally don't want to quarantine with her go ahead.
its very clearly mentioned on the gov website YOU CAN.
why are you complicating it :rolleyes:
The website has been updated and public health is taking quarantine arrangements more seriously. The federal government phone line says one thing but the provinces who are in charge of quarantine say otherwise and the website has been updated The issue became those who quarantined with family or roomates were exposing whole households and some all got sick. If someone entering Canada does get covid they want to limit it to one person. How does the quarantine arrangement follow these requirements unless they have a loft or a basement? @proseco how big is the home?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yesterday I called the ArriveCan hot line given in this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan/contact-us.html

I explained my situation to them, they said I can quarantine with her if she also quarantines with me. I said I'll provide a letter stating she will work from home and all.

This is also turning into a relationship problem if i don't push to quarantine with her
Unfortunately the federal government isn't running the quarantine. Would check with the province or your local pubic health office. What province are you going to?

Reactions: raju735