+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine related queries on arrival

kamransagri

Jan 15, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am planning to come in late october this year with my family, would really appreciate if someone can help with their latest experiences in the following queries.

1. i have with me PR Cards for all the family members, is there any thing else requried to clear the immigration especially in prespective of COVID-visa restrictions.
2. Is AirBnB the right option for quarantine or should i ask someone to arrange privately , i am preferring airbnb.
3. would taxis be available From airport ?
4. are there any local services who can arrange groceries during quarantine period.
5. what are the options to get sim card during quarantine.
6. any service provider who provides canadian no through VOIP ?

really appreciate your help , please share if anything else i haven't mentioned and still worth considering.

Thanks

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
1. No.
2. Airbnb is fine.
3. Yes.
4. Yes. Most grocery chains deliver.
5. None that I can think of.
6. Textnow.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
For Airbnb, make sure you get a "completely to your own" unit or a single house that's not shared.
Do not try to rent rooms that share any part of the house with someone else.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Believe you can get a SIM card at the airport. Depends on if they are open during covid and what time you land.

kamransagri

Jan 15, 2019
Hi All,

This is in continuation of my previous questions regarding my arrival. I have read that CBSA quarantine plan suggest that you must have a SIM card when you go to self quarantine. can anyone please share experience how did they get the SIM Card, I checked with Toronto Pearon airport , they said that SIM card is not available in the airport.

Thanks.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

This is in continuation of my previous questions regarding my arrival. I have read that CBSA quarantine plan suggest that you must have a SIM card when you go to self quarantine. can anyone please share experience how did they get the SIM Card, I checked with Toronto Pearon airport , they said that SIM card is not available in the airport.

Thanks.
But sim card is available in your home country! Do you not use a mobile phone in your country? In the quarantine plan, you need to provide a telephone number, though.

Jay395

Mar 11, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2018
I checked with Toronto Pearon airport , they said that SIM card is not available in the airport.
You can order the SIM to your quarantine location. Many service providers ship SIMs for free across Canada.

kamransagri

Jan 15, 2019
For Airbnb, make sure you get a "completely to your own" unit or a single house that's not shared.
Do not try to rent rooms that share any part of the house with someone else.
Hi , Thanks for your reply , wanted to ask one more thing, i have booked an entire apartment for quarantine, so can i order food online during quarantine ?

so my assumption is i can order anything online , it is just we cant go on our own during quarantine ?

Cheers

kamransagri

Jan 15, 2019
But sim card is available in your home country! Do you not use a mobile phone in your country? In the quarantine plan, you need to provide a telephone number, though.
thanks, i have got a VOIP number , so will use for the same purpose.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi , Thanks for your reply , wanted to ask one more thing, i have booked an entire apartment for quarantine, so can i order food online during quarantine ?

so my assumption is i can order anything online , it is just we cant go on our own during quarantine ?

Cheers
Most food and grocery delivery can be ordered online. You can put note on the order for no contact delivery. (i.e. they leave it outside your door without seeing you in person. It's a pretty common request.)

colcol

May 27, 2019
Hi all. I was approved for PR on February but haven't landed yet (I have valid COPR and PRV). I'm planning on arriving by the end of this month by air (so, from Outside the US). Due to the date of my PR approval I am in within the exemptions to the travel ban, but I would like to hear someone's experience with entering Canada from outside the US, that is, if you had any issues with the "quarantine plan" or "the non-discretionary" arguments for your travel.

So, Has anyone with a PR approved before March 18th traveled to Canada for settlement form outside the US? whats was your experience at the border?

Thanks!