+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine Plan

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
You can just sanitize it after each use and wash your hands. Its actually not a high risk activity if you don't touch everything in the bathroom and then put your hands in your mouth.
what if you sneeze inside wc do u think a mask is gonna protect you? it go in your eyes too. u gonna sanitize every single handle in wc?
and mask is not anyways 100%. u need watch movie Contaigon - full body bio suit and decontamination room if u wanna share wc, but thats ur decision if u think washing hands is enough, be my guest but I pray you spouse did not catch Covid.

Reactions: bluffmaster88

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
what if you sneeze inside wc do u think a mask is gonna protect you? it go in your eyes too. u gonna sanitize every single handle in wc?
and mask is not anyways 100%. u need watch movie Contaigon - full body bio suit and decontamination room if u wanna share wc, but thats ur decision if u think washing hands is enough, be my guest but I pray you spouse did not catch Covid.
Okay, you sneeze in the washroom, then sanitize it and then your spouse can use a clean bathroom, what is the problem? Viruses are not just floating in the air (telling you this as a microbiologist).
P.S. you should learn how to NOT sneeze in peoples faces and instead your elbow, for example. If everyone learns how to sneeze/cough properly and not spit in peoples faces, this whole covid situation would be way more under control, just saying.

Reactions: namratha_s

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Viruses are not just floating in the air (telling you this as a microbiologist).
here at Phalos consultancy we have Covid expert also, maybe you are not expert in Covid. Covid viruses do float in air in droplet suspension called aerosol, after you sneeze for hours, even if you sneeze it in arm there are millions of water microscopic water droplets released that you cannot see and will be float in air ))) if you are not wearing a full face shield they will come in contact with your mucous eyeball lining and infect your organism, in fact the microscopic aerosols are released from your mouth even if person just breathe...so conclude, it is best if quarantine person has his own WC, the room has a UV air purifier and get his food left by the door for 14 days. Good luck.

Reactions: bluffmaster88

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
You can stay with him in the same apartment and still go to work. My husband landed 3 weeks ago and we did the same in our 1 bedroom apartment and I went to work. The officer at the airport didn’t even ask his quarantine plan, and we had 2 phone calls and 1 visit and we never got in trouble when we said I go to work. It’s just recommended that you have a separate space, EVEN if they have symptoms (which is crazy to me but ahh well) It’s not morally the best, but I couldn’t afford to take time off work with no pay and we didn’t have anywhere else for him to stay. We told the officer we were trying to stay distant but he said we were fine.

just don’t advertise to people around you what you’re doing if you’re worried, because even if it’s legal, most people aren’t going to be okay with it. But I only went to work (where I work alone and wear PPE in common rooms) and didn’t go elsewhere and had groceries delivered to us once he arrived.
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding quarantine plan. My husband will be coming to Canada and we are trying to finalize a quarantine plan.

I live in 2-bedroom, 1 washroom apartment with my parents (age ~53) and grandma (age ~73). Can my husband quarantine in the same apartment if we allocate 1 bedroom to him? I and my grandma will sleep in the living room as we have extra bed there. We will sanitize all common areas (i.e. kitchen and washroom) after each use. As per the government requirement, my grandmother has given him consent to quarantine in one of the bedroom of the apartment and he will complete the form for this at the port of entry. However, just incase even after the consent this quarantine plan is not deemed acceptable we are looking into a backup plan.

The back-up plan would be to book 2-bedroom, 1 washroom basement/ apartment via Airbnb and he can quarantine in 1 of the bedroom and I go and stay in the other bedroom. We will sanitize common areas (i.e. kitchen and washroom) after each use. We will have food and other necessary supplies delivered out-side the door of the rental place by my parents. In my case, I work from home so I do not need to step-out for work related purpose. Thus, I and my husband will be in complete quarantine for 14-days at the rental place.

We will disclose in the quarantine plan that I (his wife) will occupy the second bedroom of the rental place. But my question for the second plan is that, am I allowed to go and occupy the second bedroom of the rental place? or it can get us in trouble if visited by the officer, because they can ask me why I decided to stay in one of the bedroom of this rental place when I have my own home in the same city and I didn't even travel with my husband?

Please advise. The quarantine rules are all-over the place and does not provide clear guidance.

Thanks!

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding quarantine plan. My husband will be coming to Canada and we are trying to finalize a quarantine plan.

I live in 2-bedroom, 1 washroom apartment with my parents (age ~53) and grandma (age ~73). Can my husband quarantine in the same apartment if we allocate 1 bedroom to him? I and my grandma will sleep in the living room as we have extra bed there. We will sanitize all common areas (i.e. kitchen and washroom) after each use. As per the government requirement, my grandmother has given him consent to quarantine in one of the bedroom of the apartment and he will complete the form for this at the port of entry. However, just incase even after the consent this quarantine plan is not deemed acceptable we are looking into a backup plan.

The back-up plan would be to book 2-bedroom, 1 washroom basement/ apartment via Airbnb and he can quarantine in 1 of the bedroom and I go and stay in the other bedroom. We will sanitize common areas (i.e. kitchen and washroom) after each use. We will have food and other necessary supplies delivered out-side the door of the rental place by my parents. In my case, I work from home so I do not need to step-out for work related purpose. Thus, I and my husband will be in complete quarantine for 14-days at the rental place.

We will disclose in the quarantine plan that I (his wife) will occupy the second bedroom of the rental place. But my question for the second plan is that, am I allowed to go and occupy the second bedroom of the rental place? or it can get us in trouble if visited by the officer, because they can ask me why I decided to stay in one of the bedroom of this rental place when I have my own home in the same city and I didn't even travel with my husband?

Please advise. The quarantine rules are all-over the place and does not provide clear guidance.

Thanks!
Yes you can allocate him 1 room.

Reactions: raju735

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
Yes you can allocate him 1 room.
Thanks for your reply.
Also, if we were to book rental place for him as I mentioned in my post above, can I stay in the separate bedroom in that rental place? Or it could create troubles?

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Thanks for your reply.
Also, if we were to book rental place for him as I mentioned in my post above, can I stay in the separate bedroom in that rental place? Or it could create troubles?
yes of course you can stay in a separate room in the same rental place. The point is not to have any direct physical contact with him for 2 weeks. You must leave food at his bedroom door. You can even use the same washroom but keep sanitizing surfaces after use. Its not AS STRICT as you may think - its not the PLAGUE.

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
Thanks for your reply.
The government instructions seem contradicting to me so I'm not sure how to interpret the fact that they say you can quarantine with other people in a household, but NOT in a small apartment... I dont know what they consider a SMALL apartment....
In my opinion, its OK to rent an apartment and live in separate rooms, its better than sharing a house with old parents.

here is the excerpt from Gov't website:
A suitable place of quarantine is one where you:

• Have access to the necessities of life without leaving your place of quarantine
  • Have a separate bedroom if the space is shared with family/friends who didn't travel with you
  • Can limit interactions with others in the household. If spaces, such as a kitchen, are shared:
    • wear a mask or face covering if a 2m distance cannot be maintained;
    • thoroughly and regularly clean common areas after use
  • Are not living with those at risk of more severe disease
  • Are not in close contact with others who did not travel with you. For example, do not quarantine in:
    • a group or communal living setting, including camps or students dorms unless the location is pre-authorized;
    • a household with a large family or many people
    • a shared small apartment or similar setting

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
yes of course you can stay in a separate room in the same rental place. The point is not to have any direct physical contact with him for 2 weeks. You must leave food at his bedroom door. You can even use the same washroom but keep sanitizing surfaces after use. Its not AS STRICT as you may think - its not the PLAGUE.
I am not certain but I believe they are allowed to share all facilities IF AND ONLY IF the other resident (like a spouse) is also in full quarantine and does not leave the residence (as the poster asked).

That said: I repeat, not certain; and of course, this is higher risk.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
That's what we we're thinking too.
I don't want to go to my own apartment (where my grandma and parents are already living) after I pick him up from the air port and drop him off to the rental place.
It better for me to occupy the second bedroom of the rental space for everyone's safety.

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
The government instructions seem contradicting to me so I'm not sure how to interpret the fact that they say you can quarantine with other people in a household, but NOT in a small apartment... I dont know what they consider a SMALL apartment....
In my opinion, its OK to rent an apartment and live in separate rooms, its better than sharing a house with old parents.

here is the excerpt from Gov't website:
A suitable place of quarantine is one where you:

• Have access to the necessities of life without leaving your place of quarantine
  • Have a separate bedroom if the space is shared with family/friends who didn't travel with you
  • Can limit interactions with others in the household. If spaces, such as a kitchen, are shared:
    • wear a mask or face covering if a 2m distance cannot be maintained;
    • thoroughly and regularly clean common areas after use
  • Are not living with those at risk of more severe disease
  • Are not in close contact with others who did not travel with you. For example, do not quarantine in:
    • a group or communal living setting, including camps or students dorms unless the location is pre-authorized;
    • a household with a large family or many people
    • a shared small apartment or similar setting
Exactly! those were my first questions. What is considered to be "small" apartment? No clarifications.
But even then it's risky with an elderly person staying with us. So even if that plan can get approved we are not willing to risk other family member's health.
Thanks for all your answers!

• Love
Reactions: Phalos

raju735

Jun 3, 2012
I am not certain but I believe they are allowed to share all facilities IF AND ONLY IF the other resident (like a spouse) is also in full quarantine and does not leave the residence (as the poster asked).

That said: I repeat, not certain; and of course, this is higher risk.
Thanks for your answer!
Can you clarify what you meant when you mentioned "this is higher risk"?
Him quarantining in my apartment or me also quarantining in the rental place?
We don't want to risk any family members so this is the safest option we are able to see at the moment.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for your answer!
Can you clarify what you meant when you mentioned "this is higher risk"?
Him quarantining in my apartment or me also quarantining in the rental place?
We don't want to risk any family members so this is the safest option we are able to see at the moment.
It is higher risk to you to live in an apartment with him and to not isolate from him (to the extent possible).

But I don't think it's required if you both stay in the same apartment, do not leave, and do not have contact with others.

Alwx

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
Not , you don't have to quarantine with your spouse if you can't afford to skip work. There's no such requirement. Just be careful when you go to work, keep a safe distance from co workers and wear a mask