+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine after driving a rental car to Canada

daniel_1

Aug 21, 2020
Hi guys, not sure if this is mentioned before. I'm going to drive a rental car to Canada for my landing. I do have some belongs with me. I'm wondering if I can unload my stuff at my apartment then returning the car then maybe take a Uber back to start the quarantine. Keeping the rental car for 14 days really costs a paycheck.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, not sure if this is mentioned before. I'm going to drive a rental car to Canada for my landing. I do have some belongs with me. I'm wondering if I can unload my stuff at my apartment then returning the car then maybe take a Uber back to start the quarantine. Keeping the rental car for 14 days really costs a paycheck.
No, you can't visit rental place. You have to go straight to your quarantine location and stay there for 2 weeks.

Reactions: scylla and foodie69

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi guys, not sure if this is mentioned before. I'm going to drive a rental car to Canada for my landing. I do have some belongs with me. I'm wondering if I can unload my stuff at my apartment then returning the car then maybe take a Uber back to start the quarantine. Keeping the rental car for 14 days costs a paycheck.
Sure..why not go shopping and do a bit of sightseeing while you're at it.

SaraRahul

Jun 15, 2019
Hi,
Landing in Victoria BC, Canada. Trying to avoid the three day hotel stay and quarantine directly at the place of residence. Are there any one way car rentals which allow picking up car from Seattle, USA and drop off at Victoria?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Landing in Victoria BC, Canada. Trying to avoid the three day hotel stay and quarantine directly at the place of residence. Are there any one way car rentals which allow picking up car from Seattle, USA and drop off at Victoria?
Most companies should allow this but it is much more expensive. You'd also need the company to pick up the rental from your quarantine location.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,
agree with canuck78. Speically Victoria is an additional Ferry ride from the mainland. You may need to enquire to see if any car rental will allow that kind of rental and how much surcharge you have to pay.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agree with canuck78. Speically Victoria is an additional Ferry ride from the mainland. You may need to enquire to see if any car rental will allow that kind of rental and how much surcharge you have to pay.
Can also take the seaplane from downtown Vancouver to Victoria. He or she can dropped off the rental car in Vancouver.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Can also take the seaplane from downtown Vancouver to Victoria. He or she can dropped off the rental car in Vancouver.
That's true but he will need a taxi ride from seaplane to the quaratine location in Victoria.
And yeah... not good for us... the risk of spreading possible virus in the seaplane but there is no regulation to prevent that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not possible that would be breaking quarantine. Arriving in Canada by plane and needing to travel is different than arriving in Canada by land and trying to get on a domestic flight. You can verify but don't think you will be allowed to take a seaplane. Even taking the ferry creates problems for quarantine so you should speak to the ferry operators to see if arriving from the US and trying to get on a ferry will be a problem.