+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qualification Requirment under FSW program

Abu Hamza

Jun 15, 2014
Hi there,

1. I want to know that is there any qualification requirement for the '50 open eligible occupations' for FSW. For example, If I am interested to apply on "4011: University professor and lecturer" then is it compulsory to have PhD degree or all the applications will be assessed on the basis of points of the applicant.

2. I have a master degree in Mathematics(One year) prior to that I got BSc(H)(Three years) from the university of Karachi, i.e., I have 16 year of education. Could any body tell me that how much points will I get of my education.

3. if any body got a position in Master like "first class first" then will it effect on the application or not.

sachinleo80

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
I am also planning to apply under NOC 4011 - University lecturer. I have gathered all the required documents along with proof of funds, English test and ECA reports. However the ECA report I received mentions my MSc degree is equivalent in Canada is 4 years BSc degree!!

I have completed my BSc (3 Years), B.Ed (1 Year) and MSc (2 Years) with distinction grades in all the exams from Indian Unviversity. I also have 6 years experience in the same field.

My query is - Am I still eligible to apply under FSW even my ECA report shows my MSc degree is equivalent as Canadian BSc degree?? Please let me know your responses on urgent basis as I have very little time remaining to send my documents. Your help is much appreciated.

Abu Hamza

Jun 15, 2014
Hi there,

My Master degree also equivalent to 4 year Bachelor degree but I think It doesn't really matter if you have 60 threshold you are eligible to apply. Do you know what is the last date of the submission of application.