No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
Hi,

I have 3 years latest experience of Language Instructor, before that I had been in Administrative Jobs, I am 40 years of age, got 7 in IELTS, also have 14 years of education.My wife has 16 yaers of education but she is a house wife.

My only doubt is that I do not have any formal degree of Teaching, although I have a large number of students who can write reference letters for me. Also the institute I am teaching in is well known and registered with government.There media campaign is regular in Newspapers, even my name appears on thier adds. Will these proves help? to overcome a non availbility of a formal teaching degree?

I seems to getting 68 Points, with NOC 4131 College and Other Vocational Instructors, but only confused due to formal training or degree.

Can please someone advise me on this.

Thanks a lot.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
About requirements at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4131 it says:
* A bachelor's degree, a college diploma or demonstrated expertise in the field of instruction is required.

* A master's degree in the field of instruction may be required.

* A certificate, diploma or degree in adult education may be required.

* For instructors of trades, completion of apprenticeship training and industry or trade certification are required. Additional courses in teaching or a provincial teaching certificate may be required.
So it doesn't say that you must have a formal degree of teaching to qualify for this NOC.

Harri

Feb 24, 2008
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
Med's Request
24 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
24 March 2012
Interview........
No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
Dear Leon,

I really appreciate your answer which is focused and self explanatory.

Thanks a lot for your guidance.

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
Hi
For the purpose of immigration, the job requirements listed under job descriptions on the NOC website ARE NOT taken into account. See document OP6 on CIC website. If you have done most of the duties listed, and you can provide proof of that, you will qualify.

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
wpc71 said:
Hi
For the purpose of immigration, the job requirements listed under job descriptions on the NOC website ARE NOT taken into account. See document OP6 on CIC website. If you have done most of the duties listed, and you can provide proof of that, you will qualify.

Hi wpc
Do you have link to NOC (R75(2)(b) - Description off all occupations.... especially NOC 4131

wpc71

Dec 17, 2008
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=4131
for other nocs, just enter the code in the box on the left.

baran_ra

Apr 19, 2009
hello ..pleas help me..I am a college teacher ..i have been teaching for about 2 years as part time job but the hours are not equivalent to 1 year full time...i work full time as polymer engineer in another company and simultaneously i teach the employees there and i am paid seprately for teaching in the that company...can i count the hours i teach the employees in that company....can i call this part time job, company trainer and does 4131 includ this part time job? the hrsdc says that:
This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses.
another thing...do they want me to prove that teaching was in english at college?

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
baran_ra said:
hello ..pleas help me..I am a college teacher ..i have been teaching for about 2 years as part time job but the hours are not equivalent to 1 year full time...i work full time as polymer engineer in another company and simultaneously i teach the employees there and i am paid seprately for teaching in the that company...can i count the hours i teach the employees in that company....can i call this part time job, company trainer and does 4131 includ this part time job? the hrsdc says that:
This unit group also includes trainers who are employed by private training establishments, companies, community agencies and governments to deliver internal training or development courses.
another thing...do they want me to prove that teaching was in english at college?
I think you should be able to apply under 4131 as "company trainer". My wife has applied under same category as a company trainer but have not got any approval from sydney, ns - they tell you if your job responsibilities match with what they need. It is difficult to prove you job responsibilities in this class as a company trainer, because you need to prove you not not taught , but also prepared and took exams and assignments from 'students', blah blah...which a company trainer don't normally do. Job responsibilities listed under 4131 are more suited for college teachers and less for vocational teachers - who actually are also post secondary teachers and equivalent to college teachers. I would say it is just luck, who reads you application and if he thinks you fall under 4131. I have seen a nursing instructor on this forum who was rejected in this category....

baran_ra

Apr 19, 2009
thank you mike...could you please answer another questions

1-..you know they dont give me contract..they just give me letter ...dose it have any problem?
2- can I say I had a full time job and part time job simultaneously or i can just have for example 2 part time job simultaneously?
3- someone told me teaching should be in english...and they wana you to prove this...but no one teach in that college and company in english...is it true that teaching should be in english?>
really thanks for yr help