+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSWP: Web-Developers/Web-Designers/Programmers/Software-Engineers from India

ethereal

Jan 24, 2016
Hello techies!!

I am creating this thread specifically for those who are related to software field, especially from India, and are trying their luck under Quebec Skilled Worker Program. Not only for 2016 intake but any.

So, I would kindly invite all the IT of professions working as (but not limited to):

Web Developer
Web Designer
Programmer
Software Engineer
App Developers

Having following educational credentials (but not limited to):

BCA
MCA
BScIT
MScIT
BTech
MTech
PGDCA
DOEACC O/A/B Level

Kindly join this thread and share your educational credentials, work experience, file status, problems etc so that we can all create a small community of our own with common problems and solutions to them.

I really look forward to you all joining this soon.

Cheers!!!

ethereal

Jan 24, 2016
To give this thread a jump start, here are my educational credentials:

DOEACC O Level (Diploma in Computer Fundamentals)
DOEACC A Level (Advanced Diploma in Computer Applications)
BScIT (Bachelors of Science in IT)
MScIT (Masters of Science in IT)
MCA (Masters of Computer Applications)

Experience:

Over 3 years Industrial Experience as a Software/Web Developer
Over 4 years of experience as a freelance Web Developer

My NOC: 2175
AOT: Computer Engineering (Bach.) / Computer Science (Bach.)

I completed creating an account for the QSWP 2016 intake. However, yet have to start completing the application.

Please post yours. Also, WhatsApp me @ +919914914343 so that we can create a group as well.

Thank you

Reactions: sjshah

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
HI,

My education:

BCS Certificate in IT
BCS Diploma Examination
BCS Professional Graduate Diploma Examination
MSc Software Engineering

Work experience:

Software Engineer 6+ months

ethereal

Jan 24, 2016
gemfsd said:
HI,

My education:

BCS Certificate in IT
BCS Diploma Examination
BCS Professional Graduate Diploma Examination
MSc Software Engineering

Work experience:

Software Engineer 6+ months
Nice to meet you!

Have you got WES report for your ECs? (Its not required for QSWP though.) If yes, how they did they weigh your ECs according to Canadian education standards?

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
Yes, I have obtained WES report for my masters degree. My MSc Software Engineering has been assessed to be equivalent to a masters degree in Canada. I did not send my BCS qualifications since according to WES, they do not assess professional qualifications. Also, in free equivalency assessment, I wasn't able to find British Computer Society in the recognized institutions list.

Have you obtained your WES ECA?

Thanks

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
ethereal said:
Nice to meet you!

Have you got WES report for your ECs? (Its not required for QSWP though.) If yes, how they did they weigh your ECs according to Canadian education standards?
Dear you haven't replied? Have you got your WES report?

ethereal

Jan 24, 2016
Hello Dear,

Sorry I was quite busy over the past few days.

To answer your question, no I haven't done that yet. But go ahead with this soon in the coming few days. Also, you mentioned BCS, what exactly is it?

Can you please let me know what my following credentials are equivalent to and which of them I need to send them across for the assessment?

DOEACC O LEVEL
DOEACC A LEVEL
BScIT
MScIT
MCA

Do they recognize distance education? I did my degrees through distance education from a recognized franchisee. Please let me know.

Thank you

gemfsd

Star Member
Jan 17, 2016
ethereal said:
Hello Dear,

To answer your question, no I haven't done that yet. But go ahead with this soon in the coming few days. Also, you mentioned BCS, what exactly is it?

Can you please let me know what my following credentials are equivalent to and which of them I need to send them across for the assessment?

DOEACC O LEVEL
DOEACC A LEVEL
BScIT
MScIT
MCA

Do they recognize distance education? I did my degrees through distance education from a recognized franchisee. Please let me know.

Thank you
The best way to determine whether your institution is recognized by WES is to use their free degree equivalency tool online. This tool will also let you know the standard of your qualifications in Canada. Follow this link:

http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

Regarding your other question, BCS = British Computer Society (UK).

Please let us know about the outcome from WES, it will help other people with similar circumstances.

Thanks

anubhuti2710

Aug 22, 2017
Hi ethereal,
I am planning to apply for WES evaluation of my credentials. I am from India and my education qualifications are as follws ;
1. Diploma in Electronics and Communication
2. DOEACC "A" level
3. DOEACC "B" level.
My question is that WES evaluation, shall i get the diploma evaluated as well OR just "A" and "B" levels,
My understanding is that we get the Highest degree evaluated. Please clarify

sjshah

Sep 17, 2017
Hello everyone I am new here,I have 3+ plus years of Experience as Software Engineer.
My Education :
BE in Computer Engineering (4 years)
MSc in IT. from UK (1 year )
In total my years of education are 17 years. According ECA report my masters and bachelors both are equivalent to Canadian masters and bachelors degree.
Now I am confused with Education and Area of Training
1. what should i choose for education ? Should i choose University Degree - 2 years (in Quebec, the diploma is obtained after 18 to 19 years of study or more full-time) though I have a master degree so I assume University Degree = Masters and it should be on level of master degree regardless of number of years of education?
2. for Area of Training, can I choose Computer Engineer (bach.) / Computer Science as it gives me maximum points ? I have not find such option that fits with Master Degree in IT.

Your help is much appreciated.

sjshah

Sep 17, 2017
To give this thread a jump start, here are my educational credentials:

DOEACC O Level (Diploma in Computer Fundamentals)
DOEACC A Level (Advanced Diploma in Computer Applications)
BScIT (Bachelors of Science in IT)
MScIT (Masters of Science in IT)
MCA (Masters of Computer Applications)

Hello ehtreal,
I am new here, I have 3+ plus years of Experience as Software Engineer.
My Education :
BE in Computer Engineering (4 years)
MSc in IT. from UK (1 year )
In total my years of education are 17 years. According ECA report my masters and bachelors both are equivalent to Canadian masters and bachelors degree.
Now I am confused with Education and Area of Training
1. what should i choose for education ? Should i choose University Degree - 2 years (in Quebec, the diploma is obtained after 18 to 19 years of study or more full-time) though I have a master degree so I assume University Degree = Masters Degree and it should be on level of master degree regardless of number of years of education?
2. for Area of Training, can I choose Computer Engineer (bach.) / Computer Science as it gives me maximum points ? I have not find such option that fits with Master Degree in IT.

Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Cheers !!

ankitataus

Jan 18, 2018
Hello Dear,

DOEACC O LEVEL
DOEACC A LEVEL
BScIT
MScIT
MCA

Thank you
Hello Dear,
Just today, I got same reply (asking for degree certificate ) from WES even after sending sealed enveloped from DOEACC + copy of all marksheet and A level certificate provided by DOEACC.

I am not sure, how to get degree certificate from DOEACC. Any idea or information or update you have ? Please do share.

Thanks
Ankit T

ankitataus

Jan 18, 2018
Hi ethereal,
I am planning to apply for WES evaluation of my credentials. I am from India and my education qualifications are as follws ;
1. Diploma in Electronics and Communication
2. DOEACC "A" level
3. DOEACC "B" level.
My question is that WES evaluation, shall i get the diploma evaluated as well OR just "A" and "B" levels,
My understanding is that we get the Highest degree evaluated. Please clarify

Hello Dear,
Just today, I got same reply (asking for degree certificate ) from WES even after sending sealed enveloped from DOEACC + copy of all marksheet and A level certificate provided by DOEACC.

I am not sure, how to get degree certificate from DOEACC. Any idea or information or update you have ? Please do share.

Thanks
Ankit T

mbond07

May 4, 2018
Hello Dear,

Thanks
Ankit T
Did you get any positive outcome of wes on doeacc A, B? plz do let me knw

Shikha829

Jul 2, 2018
Hello techies!!

I am creating this thread specifically for those who are related to software field, especially from India, and are trying their luck under Quebec Skilled Worker Program. Not only for 2016 intake but any.

So, I would kindly invite all the IT of professions working as (but not limited to):

Web Developer
Web Designer
Programmer
Software Engineer
App Developers

Having following educational credentials (but not limited to):

BCA
MCA
BScIT
MScIT
BTech
MTech
PGDCA
DOEACC O/A/B Level

Kindly join this thread and share your educational credentials, work experience, file status, problems etc so that we can all create a small community of our own with common problems and solutions to them.

I really look forward to you all joining this soon.

Cheers!!!

Doeacc A level after 12 science is valid.