+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSWP 2017 Intake - All Discussion (Applicants' Outside Canada)

AlliBatista

Champion Member
Aug 19, 2016
Brazil
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Updated Processing Fees for 2017:

http : // www . canadavisa . com/news/quebec-releases-updated-processing-fees-2017 . html

GODWILLDO

Jul 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01 August 2014
Doc's Request.
cc Charged : 13 November 2014
Nomination.....
28 November 2014
IELTS Request
2013 July
File Transfer...
Second line update : 2 February 2015
Med's Request
25 February 2015
Med's Done....
12 March 2015 TLU : 22 March 2015
Interview........
Waived by God's Grace
Passport Req..
22 May 2015 DM : 26 May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 June 2015
Is it true once v get into canada via quebec PR... v can immidiately relocate to other province.. plz someone clarify..
Thanks.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
APPNOV2014NY said:
Next intake won't be First Come First Server. It would closely resemble "Expression of Interest" process.
Are you sure? Quebec yet not decided on it, am I right??? (Reference)

MrLeads

Nov 1, 2016
APPNOV2014NY said:
Next intake won't be First Come First Server. It would closely resemble "Expression of Interest" process.
OMG :eek: They just started this new online system and they will close it so soon? Any idea when we'll get confirmation of the new system?

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrLeads said:
OMG :eek: They just started this new online system and they will close it so soon? Any idea when we'll get confirmation of the new system?
Nothing is official yet, so better not create stories and blah blah. We better discuss the present system and if something official declare by Quebec Govt. then we'll discuss those issues here. So as of now, Just Chill. ;D

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Dear mgmbbd,

I'm quite familiar with non-quebec PNP programs and I was not thinking about applying to Quebec for long as I felt French language knowledge (I know nothing about French language) is mandatory to enter the application process.

Then I got a chance to read this post began by you. Quite useful one that really nurtured me to think if I can be eligible to apply under QSW program.

I pre-assessed my stand in the point system using your word file and are as follows:

Age (18-35) - 16 points
Education (Master's degree assessed by WES) - 12 points
Language:
French (Zero knowledge)
English (IELTS Test) - 6 points
Work Experience (48 months and over) - 8 points
Area of Training (Mechanical Engineer) - 12 points

Spouse
Education (Master's degree assessed by WES) - 4 points
Area of Training (Computer Science) - 4 points
Age (18-35) - 3 points
Language (Got IELTS but no French) - 0 points

Financial Self-Sufficiency - 1 point

Accompanying child (one 19 months old boy) - 4 points

Overall it is coming up to 70 points.

My question is: Without French knowledge for both myself and my wife, are we eligible to apply under this stream?

Please enlighten.

mgmbbd said:
Hi Friends,

Just few days ago Quebec’s immigration minister has announced plans to allow about 51,000 new arrivals into the province in 2017 :eek: and even more in the future ???.

Those who are planning to apply in future (from Outside Canada) for the QSW 2017 program are requested to discuss all their queries here.

I'll keep on updating this thread time to time 8).

Start exploring. :D

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
http://www.immigration.ca/quebec-to-adopt-expression-of-interest-immigration-system/

http://www.immigration.ca/quebec-reform-immigration-policy-2017-featuring-declaration-intent-immigration-system-audio/

http://www.immigration.ca/quebec-smes-want-low-skilled-workers/

http://www.immigration.ca/quebec-fills-second-intake-quota-2016/

https://www.cicnews.com/2016/03/quebec-announces-future-intake-periods-skilled-worker-immigration-program-037332.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/news/quebec-skilled-worker-program-begin-accepting-new-application-august-16.html

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/quebec-skilled-worker-program-new-guidelines-upcoming-payal-mohapatra?forceNoSplash=true

http://alghoul.com/quebec-skilled-worker-program-selection-system/

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatehelps said:
Dear mgmbbd,

I'm quite familiar with non-quebec PNP programs and I was not thinking about applying to Quebec for long as I felt French language knowledge (I know nothing about French language) is mandatory to enter the application process.

Then I got a chance to read this post began by you. Quite useful one that really nurtured me to think if I can be eligible to apply under QSW program.

I pre-assessed my stand in the point system using your word file and are as follows:

Age (18-35) - 16 points
Education (Master's degree assessed by WES) - 12 points
Language:
French (Zero knowledge)
English (IELTS Test) - 6 points
Work Experience (48 months and over) - 8 points
Area of Training (Mechanical Engineer) - 12 points

Spouse
Education (Master's degree assessed by WES) - 4 points
Area of Training (Computer Science) - 4 points
Age (18-35) - 3 points
Language (Got IELTS but no French) - 0 points

Financial Self-Sufficiency - 1 point

Accompanying child (one 19 months old boy) - 4 points

Overall it is coming up to 70 points.

My question is: Without French knowledge for both myself and my wife, are we eligible to apply under this stream?

Please enlighten.
Dear fatehelps,

Thanks for your compliment :D. Well what it seems from your profile, you are eligible for the QSWP easily. Language tests or proficiency is not mandatory (as of now) for QSW. One can apply without Enligh or Frech language test score. So you are good to go for now ;D. Don't know if Quebec Govt. changes the rules in 2017. One of our friend @APPNOV2014NY told us that the system may change for 2017 intake :-\. So that is one thing we have to wait... don't know how long :eek: !!!

jaeseung

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
hi, everyone. It would be awesome if anyone can help.

First, Score system tells me I am around 49 points (single).
and I am betting my life and future on this migration process.
(I chose Montreal over any cities available)

I do have a 1year work permit (working holiday visa) and
I am planning to apply for QSWP. I will probably start working full time before (as Graphic designer)
April, 2017 in Montreal, and after working for 6months (as i can gain 4 extra points) I will apply for QSWP.
(as I know working holiday visa holder can apply for QSWP anytime?<--is this true?)

question 1) would Quebec release me a temporary stay visa while the QSWP visa is being processed?
(in case my visa expires while QSWP is being processed)
question 2) is it true that 'Working holiday visa' holder can apply for QSWP regardless of the application accepting period?
question 3)
what is CSQ and do i need it to apply for this QSWP process?
question 4) any other advice or opinion on my situation?

Thank you guys.
I will never ever forget your help.

best,
Jason

———
(score)

18 to 35 years of age (16 points)
Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies (10 points)
English Language (6 points)
6 to 11 months (4 points)
Participant in Working Holiday Visa Program, with work experience for 3 months or more (5 points)
Validated Job offer in the metropolitan area of Montreal (8 Points)
----
total 49 points

jaeseung

Star Member
Dec 20, 2016
jaeseung said:

I am planning to apply for QSWP. I will probably start working full time before (as Graphic designer)
April, 2017 in Montreal, and after working for 6months (as i can gain 4 extra points) I will apply for QSWP.
(as I know working holiday visa holder can apply for QSWP anytime?<--is this true?)

question 1) would Quebec release me a temporary stay visa while the QSWP visa is being processed?
question 2) is it true that 'Working holiday visa' holder can apply for QSWP regardless of the application accepting period?
question 3)

Thank you guys.

best,
Jason

———
(score)

Undergraduate diploma attesting to 3 or more years of full-time studies (10 points)
Participant in Working Holiday Visa Program, with work experience for 3 months or more (5 points)
----
total 49 points

one more question!

are there any special procedure for proving the study out side of Canada?
do i just need my transcript of record and certification of graduation for my college?

thank you.

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
Thanks mate. Your reply brings me some encouragement into this stationary visa process.

I am bookmarking this page in my browser. Please update when you hear something about the new rule or new opening date, etc.

Keep the great work going.

mgmbbd said:
Dear fatehelps,

Thanks for your compliment :D. Well what it seems from your profile, you are eligible for the QSWP easily. Language tests or proficiency is not mandatory (as of now) for QSW. One can apply without Enligh or Frech language test score. So you are good to go for now ;D. Don't know if Quebec Govt. changes the rules in 2017. One of our friend @APPNOV2014NY told us that the system may change for 2017 intake :-\. So that is one thing we have to wait... don't know how long :eek: !!!

fatehelps

Star Member
Apr 19, 2015
jaeseung said:
one more question!

are there any special procedure for proving the study out side of Canada?
do i just need my transcript of record and certification of graduation for my college?

thank you.
Educational Credential Assessment from one of the three recognised bodies would help to prove education outside Canada.

Experts please answer if this method helps.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatehelps said:
Thanks mate. Your reply brings me some encouragement into this stationary visa process.

I am bookmarking this page in my browser. Please update when you hear something about the new rule or new opening date, etc.

Keep the great work going.
Sure. Would love to share updates with you all.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatehelps said:
Educational Credential Assessment from one of the three recognised bodies would help to prove education outside Canada.

Experts please answer if this method helps.
ECA is not required for QSWP (again as of now). You just apply using there online form (in Mon Projet) and that's it. Once they start processing your file, they will request for required papers to submit, then you have to send them your academic transcripts and that is all.

*If they introduce new application system then they may chance the system.

KN

Dec 22, 2016
jaeseung said:

question 3)

Thank you guys.

best,
Jason

———
(score)

----
total 49 points
Hi Jason,

seems my situation is pretty much the same (also coming on 1-year WH work permit to Montreal, with the intension to stay there permanently).

ad1) I do not know and that bothers me as well, since 1 year is a very short period of time... if you'd find out, please share
ad2) You can apply for CSQ anytime if you are already in Quebec province and you hold full-time job. QSWP is a name of a programme, you apply for CSQ, not for QSWP
ad3) CSQ stands for Certificate Selection Quebec. It's a province nomination. After receieving CSQ comes federal stage, you can then apply for PR, that also takes time
ad4) I'd suggest to check the list of the documents you need for obtaining CSQ. Of course, that might change by the time you'd apply for CSQ, but I guess most should stay similar

For CSQ there are no special proccedures for proving the studies (for now, do not know what will be in a few months), transcript of records and diploma should be fine, if it's in English/French.

Is your job offer validated by the Minstere?

Best,
Natalia