+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSWP 2017 Intake - All Discussion (Applicants' Outside Canada)

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

Just few days ago Quebec’s immigration minister has announced plans to allow about 51,000 new arrivals into the province in 2017 :eek: and even more in the future ???.

Those who are planning to apply in future (from Outside Canada) for the QSW 2017 program are requested to discuss all their queries here.

I'll keep on updating this thread time to time 8).

Start exploring. :D

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In order to qualify Single applicant must score 49 points & married couple should have not less than 57 points.

Detailed Point System Discussed

Visit Here

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cad143 said:
Hello. How long does qswp usually take?
See my last post and search for "Processing Time by Country of Applicant". By that libk you can find out now much time you need for your country. Thanks.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrLeads said:
Any update on 2017 intake? Do you have any idea when and how many applications MIDI will accept?
No updates yet. Keep your eyes on this post. Hope to update you once something good happens. Take care.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fahadsheikh said:
Thanks man. keep posting the updates. (Y)
You are always welcome Fahad. There's no update for the 2017 QSWP yet but hope to here from the Quebec Govt. within next two months. Keep your eye on this thread.

Requesting other forum members to update this thread if you get any news on 2017 intake of QSWP. Your support is highly appreciated.

:)

cool_canada

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2017
IELTS Request
January 21, 2017
Dear Champs,

I have a question about the QSW eligibility:

I did their online assessment, and the result was showing that I am eligible for the Regular QSW stream. But when I checked with the points grid table and found that I need 42 points when applied as a single, while 57 with spouse/dependents. And 50 points before adding dependents and finance. As per my calculation I am getting 58 points while applying with spouse and dependents, but I score 49 before adding dependents and financial sufficiency.

In nutshell, my scores are:

1- Single – 47 points.
2- With Spouse – 49 points.
3- With Spouse, dependents and finance – 58 points.

Can someone guide me about my RQSW eligibility please?

Mchd12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Barquisimeto, Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cool_canada said:
Dear Champs,

I did their online assessment, and the result was showing that I am eligible for the Regular QSW stream. But when I checked with the points grid table and found that I need 42 points when applied as a single, while 57 with spouse/dependents. And 50 points before adding dependents and finance. As per my calculation I am getting 58 points while applying with spouse and dependents, but I score 49 before adding dependents and financial sufficiency.

1- Single – 47 points.

first of all, you shouldn't apply as single as adding your family members will be really tedious. Second, are you adding language tests to the mix? 49 points will not net you a CSQ my friend.

mgmbbd

Aug 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cool_canada said:
Dear Champs,

1- Single – 47 points.

Though I am not a master of QSWP, but all I can say is, without Language, Dependents & Financial Sufficiency if you can score 57 then you are good to go. Also surely add your spouse in the application. It is advisable that you check your points again and again. Things are getting tougher day by day. You can find all points details in my initial posts. If you need further help, then please reply here with your queries and forum members will surely help you out.

cool_canada

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2017
IELTS Request
January 21, 2017
Thank you!

I did the online evaluation, and it was showing me as eligible. I include spouse and dependents in the assesment. However, I was checking the points table (English version from immigration.ca website) where it says I need a minimum of 50 points with spouse to qualify and overall 57. My question is I have only 49 points to cutoff the employeability factor, but it needs 50. To your point, I have 47 points before adding spouse, dependents and finance.

Initially, I tried to access your posted link above, but seems like not working here... could you please share it again in this forum? Thanks again!

mgmbbd said:
Though I am not a master of QSWP, but all I can say is, without Language, Dependents & Financial Sufficiency if you can score 57 then you are good to go. Also surely add your spouse in the application. It is advisable that you check your points again and again. Things are getting tougher day by day. You can find all points details in my initial posts. If you need further help, then please reply here with your queries and forum members will surely help you out.

cool_canada

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2017
IELTS Request
January 21, 2017
fahadsheikh said:
Hey man!
Can you please post the link on which you took this test? I can't find it anywhere there.
Which test are you refering to?