App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
I have applied for the Federal in September 2011, I have done medical since February 2012, CPP-O received the result on February 28, my e-cas is showing in-process with the address. How long would it take to get ppr. Anybody in the same situation? Please share your timeline. Thanks

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
CEC5 said:
I have applied for the Federal in September 2011, I have done medical since February 2012, CPP-O received the result on February 28, my e-cas is showing in-process with the address. How long would it take to get ppr. Anybody in the same situation? Please share your timeline. Thanks
Anyone got PPR from this timeline? Please share your experience. Thanks

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
CEC5 said:
Anyone got PPR from this timeline? Please share your experience. Thanks
Anyone???

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
Why this long silence from everyone. Is CPP-O still processing all the applications they received or did they put everything on hold for now. If yes, can anybody tell me when they will restart. BTW, please people, let's keep encouraging each other and keep posting. This waiting is really frustrating but we got to have faith.

RaniaM

Jun 19, 2012
Hi,

I just read your message. You shouldnt be frustrated, you're within the processing time. My case, applied on sept 2011, received on november 2011, medical exams requested on april 16 and sent on april 24, received may 1st. nothing so far and I am not expecting any confirmation before november as it takes 14 months fro applications sent to Buffalo to be treated. Now that Buffalo is closed and all the applications are transfered to a new office in Ottawa, I hope the processing time will be shorter... nothing is on hold, Ottawa is treating Boffalo applications.

Hope this helps.

CEC5 said:
Why this long silence from everyone. Is CPP-O still processing all the applications they received or did they put everything on hold for now. If yes, can anybody tell me when they will restart. BTW, please people, let's keep encouraging each other and keep posting. This waiting is really frustrating but we got to have faith.

kita7789

May 13, 2012
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
10/02/2015
Med's Done....
11/5/2016
Interview........
12/04/2012
Passport Req..
01/7/2016
VISA ISSUED...
11/07/2106
hi, i sent my file by dhl on 29 may 2012 as qsw untill now did not recive any emails, any one know more information pls

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
RaniaM said:
Hi,

I just read your message. You shouldnt be frustrated, you're within the processing time. My case, applied on sept 2011, received on november 2011, medical exams requested on april 16 and sent on april 24, received may 1st. nothing so far and I am not expecting any confirmation before november as it takes 14 months fro applications sent to Buffalo to be treated. Now that Buffalo is closed and all the applications are transfered to a new office in Ottawa, I hope the processing time will be shorter... nothing is on hold, Ottawa is treating Boffalo applications.

Hope this helps.
Thanks RaniaM for the quick reply, i feel better to hear from somebody in the same timeline. By the way, the processing time has changed from 14mths to 15mths now for QSW. Hope and pray it wld be faster than that.
BTW, has your e-cas changed to in-process too or not?

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
kita7789 said:
hi, i sent my file by dhl on 29 may 2012 as qsw untill now did not recive any emails, any one know more information pls
Hi,
If you just sent your file, it will take approximately 5-6months before you can hear anything from them. I said that because that about how long it took most people in the forum to get Medical request. I could be wrong cause, now that everything is transferred to CPP-O, i could be faster so just hold on tight, and pray that everything goes right.

I hope this will help

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
Processing Instructions

Effective July 1, 2012, no new FSWP applications, except those made under the PhD eligibility stream and those with a qualifying offer of arranged employment, will be accepted for processing. Furthermore, no new federal IIP applications will be accepted on or after July 1, 2012.

Applications from skilled workers selected by the province of Quebec and investors selected under the Quebec Investor Program are not affected by the temporary pause, and will continue to be accepted and processed according to the policies of the province of Quebec and per established priorities.
FSWP and federal IIP applications received on or after July 1, 2012

Only FSWP applications from foreign nationals with a qualifying offer of arranged employment in Canada and from eligible international students who are currently enrolled in, or who have completed a doctoral (PhD) program from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada no more than twelve months prior to the date their application is received, will be processed by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

All other FSWP and federal IIP applications received by the CIO on or after July 1, 2012 will be returned to the applicant with a letter advising them of the temporary pause.

Processing fees shall be returned in full to the applicant.
Limit on the number of PhD eligibility stream applications to be processed

With respect to applications under the PhD eligibility stream, complete applications will continue to be put into processing until the annual cap of 1,000 is reached, as established by Ministerial Instructions that came into force on November 5, 2011.

The current cap year for the PhD stream ends on October 31, 2012, and unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction, the cap will be automatically reset on November 1, 2012.
FSWP and federal IIP applications received before July 1, 2012

No new FSWP applications can be accepted for processing, except those made under the PhD eligibility stream and those with a qualifying offer of arranged employment, regardless of the date of receipt at CIO, given that the global application cap of 1,000 applications covering July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012 has been met.

Additionally, no new federal IIP applications can be accepted for processing regardless of the date of receipt at CIO, given that the one-year cap of 700 applications covering July 1, 2011 to June 30, 2012 has been met.
FSWP applications coding in processing system

FSWP applications with a qualifying offer of arranged employment received on or after July 1, 2012 at the CIO, are to be coded as sub-category “MI3” in conjunction with special program code “MI5” as an interim workaround measure pending the release of MI5 GCMS coding updates, anticipated in late July or early August 2012.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob438.asp

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob442.asp

Please read carefully all the applicants before feb 2008. my heart goes out to you. please do not give up on your dream but continue pushing forward for a better tomorrow.

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
This message is very important for those of you wondering if the applications already received have been affected by the temporary pause...

The answer is in this news, and I highlighted the necessary info you should retain:

News Release — Minister Kenney Hits the Reset Button: Sets the Foundation for New, Faster, More Flexible Immigration System

Subscribe
RSS
Email

Bookmark and Share

Calgary, June 28, 2012 — Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney today announced the latest step in re-designing Canada’s economic immigration system.

Effective July 1st, 2012, Citizenship and Immigration Canada will place a temporary pause on new applications to the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and federal Immigrant Investor Program (IIP).

“We have been making lots of changes to our economic immigration system,” said Minister Kenney. “We will take the next six months to do a lot of the heavy lifting to get us closer to a fast and flexible immigration system.”

The pause will allow CIC to make important changes to its economic immigration programs before accepting more applications. This is an important step in moving towards a faster, more flexible immigration system, while immigration levels are at a historic high.

Since the launch of Canada’s Economic Action Plan 2012, Minister Kenney has announced a series of changes to CIC’s economic immigration programs. They include:

eliminating the backlog of old FSWP applications;
improving the selection of FSWs;
creating a new Federal Skilled Trades Program;
modifying the Canadian Experience Class to help transition successful skilled temporary workers to permanent residence;
changing business immigration programs to target more active investment in Canadian growth companies and more innovative entrepreneurs; and
moving towards a new application management system, to develop a pool of skilled workers who arrive in Canada ready to begin employment.

“This temporary pause on new Federal Skilled Worker applications will allow us to set the program on a new course as we intend to launch revised selection criteria soon,” said Minister Kenney. “The pause has no impact on the number of workers Canada admits into the country, as CIC continues to process applications already received. Current immigration remains at historically high levels.”

Application intake is expected to resume in January 2013, when the proposed FSWP regulatory changes – which will be published in the Canada Gazette in the coming months – are expected to come into force.

The Immigration and Refugee Protection Act allows the Minister to issue special instructions to immigration officers to enable the Government of Canada to best attain its immigration goals. Since the 2008 Action Plan for Faster Immigration, four sets of “Ministerial Instructions” have been issued relating to Economic Class applications.

Under this fifth set of Ministerial Instructions, CIC will also introduce a pause on new federal IIP applications. This pause will remain in place until further notice, allowing the Department to make progress on processing its existing inventory.

As Minister Kenney announced earlier in April, CIC will be consulting with provinces, territories and stakeholders on ways to reform the current IIP in order to maximize the economic benefit to Canada. The Department is also consulting on whether to create a new investor program on a short-term basis, to promote growth in the Canadian economy.

The temporary pause on FSWP applications does not apply to candidates with offers of arranged employment or those applying under the PhD eligibility stream. The full set of Ministerial Instructions will be available online in the Canada Gazette tomorrow.

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
Hello everyone,

I have one request, I know all files in Buffalo have been transferred to CIC, but i want to know one thing.
How is CIC sending the files back to USA VO like Detroit, NY, Los Angeles for example, is it by region or how does it work.

Let say applicants that live in Kansas for example: where would CIC send their files to, is it Detroit or New York. anyone has a answer please, let me know. I would love to contact them to see if they have my file. Thanks

RaniaM

Jun 19, 2012
CEC5 said:
Thanks RaniaM for the quick reply, i feel better to hear from somebody in the same timeline. By the way, the processing time has changed from 14mths to 15mths now for QSW. Hope and pray it wld be faster than that.
BTW, has your e-cas changed to in-process too or not?
Hi, it changed to in-process. And the changes in processing times doesnt affect us as theses changes are for applicants who sent their application as of the date of change on the website. When I submitted my app, it was 14... so hopfully wont take longer...

CEC5

Star Member
Jun 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2011
AOR Received.
07-02-2012
Med's Request
07-02-2012
Med's Done....
14-02-2012
RaniaM said:
Hi, it changed to in-process. And the changes in processing times doesnt affect us as theses changes are for applicants who sent their application as of the date of change on the website. When I submitted my app, it was 14... so hopfully wont take longer...
yea, hopefully not, the way is so stressful, any news from CPP_Ottawa?

judy_colsius

Star Member
Jul 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
First Buffalo, then CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 14, 2012
Doc's Request.
March 28, 2012
Nomination.....
December 21, 2012
Med's Request
May 09, 2012
Med's Done....
May 21, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 06, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22, 2013(lawyer received my PP)
CEC5 said:
Hi,
If you just sent your file, it will take approximately 5-6months before you can hear anything from them. I said that because that about how long it took most people in the forum to get Medical request. I could be wrong cause, now that everything is transferred to CPP-O, i could be faster so just hold on tight, and pray that everything goes right.

I hope this will help
Hey CE5,

can you plz display your complete timeline for your federal application. How long did it take from the time your meds were showin ecas as received to the time ecas showed 'in process'? Also keep the us posted when you get your RPRF...

thanks,
j.c.