+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW: Leaving Quebec during the PR federal stage

alex213

May 14, 2016
I guess if you come to Canada as QSW, I lived in Quebec for 7 years lol. I have invested enough. Time to ahead where prospects are better.

iamblue

Mar 11, 2017
Bajan4Quebec said:
However, after permanent residency comes citizenship, you must show that you made a significant attempt to live and settle in Quebec (eg purchase a house, worked many jobs etc) and you must demonstrate that you moved to another province because you had difficulty in finding employment (perhaps show job searches over a period of time) and as a result you moved. When people come through Quebec and go to another province, it makes it really difficult for others in waiting and the requirements change brutally.
May I know where you got this information?

telegram

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
guys,
Anyone knows after obtaining CSQ, is it possible to leave quebec and go to another province? my application now has exceeded 13 month required processing time and cic doesnt give a correct time frame for my file. just say waiting and waiting, god know until when
Now in this situation that i dont have any job can I go elsewhere?
Thanks

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
What about after getting your pr? I understand we have singed a declaration of indent to stay in Quebec but does it impact any way after you have your pr.

There is no law to prevent your mobility to anywhere in Canada after PR. You are free to move anywhere in Canada after your PR. See the link below. This means there is no need to show significant attempts that you searched for a job and all. ( which I think is a common myth in immigration forums like these)

http://publications.gc.ca/Collection-R/LoPBdP/CIR/904-e.htm

6(2) Every citizen of Canada and every person who has the status of a permanent resident of Canada has the right (a) to move to and take up residence in any province; and (b) to pursue the gaining of a livelihood in any province.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
guys,
Anyone knows after obtaining CSQ, is it possible to leave quebec and go to another province? my application now has exceeded 13 month required processing time and cic doesnt give a correct time frame for my file. just say waiting and waiting, god know until when
Now in this situation that i dont have any job can I go elsewhere?
Thanks
If you move out of Quebec to any other province while your PR via QSW is in progress AND update address with CIC then:
a) Best case scenario: CIC might ask you for detailed settlement plan to validate your intentions to settle in Quebec
b) Worst case scenario: Reject your PR application straight away

If you "temporarily" move out of province for few months while still maintaining "permanent" address in Quebec then you might be OK as you won't need to update CIC in that case.

I strongly suggest you to stay in Quebec. You are very close to finish line and lots of job opportunities in Quebec will open up once you get PR. Just hang in there. :)

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
If you move out of Quebec to any other province while your PR via QSW is in progress AND update address with CIC then:
a) Best case scenario: CIC might ask you for detailed settlement plan to validate your intentions to settle in Quebec

If you "temporarily" move out of province for few months while still maintaining "permanent" address in Quebec then you might be OK as you won't need to update CIC in that case.

I strongly suggest you to stay in Quebec. You are very close to finish line and lots of job opportunities in Quebec will open up once you get PR. Just hang in there. :)
A little connected question here : If you have csq and I believe telegram (previous poster) might have pgwp also, what is the difference in getting job as PR and pgwp because I guess employer only wants to know if you have full work rights or not? I believe you have full work rights in both.

Also can anyone work with pgwp alone in Quebec or you also need a csq?

Thanks and regards for your time to answer.

telegram

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
A little connected question here : If you have csq and I believe telegram (previous poster) might have pgwp also, what is the difference in getting job as PR and pgwp because I guess employer only wants to know if you have full work rights or not? I believe you have full work rights in both.

Also can anyone work with pgwp alone in Quebec or you also need a csq?

Thanks and regards for your time to answer.
I believe having PR does not have any effect on the job opportunities here is Quebec, because only rarely job posting need PR. as long as you have work permit you are good to go!

telegram

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017

with due respect I disagree with you. because CIC failed to finish PR application on time and still making non meaningful excuses. just keep telling wait.wait.wait.wait.wait.wait.... they dont give a timeline and playing with people. its not rational.
what other choice I have here? go to work in mcdonald?
I know people waiitng for 18 months! and still nothing.
this can not be an unlimited waiting

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I believe having PR does not have any effect on the job opportunities here is Quebec, because only rarely job posting need PR. as long as you have work permit you are good to go!
Ok. If you don't mind can you share your occupation and qualification. Have you got any relevant experience : Overseas? Did you apply under peq-quebec graduate and what level of french (speaking/writing you have). Regards

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
any news?
Just FYI My previous housemate was from Philippines and he after completing his Masters in Mechanical Engineering
couldn't find any relevant job for 6 months after graduation. He saw a lawyer as he was getting a job in Toronto and the
lawyer advised him against it till he gets his PR. He found a job after few months but he also had some mechanical engineering
experience from his home country.

What he advised me is to hone french skills and I have enrolled in University of Montreal french course. I still have 1 year to file
for CSQ (early 2019) and I also have some relevant experience overseas.

Two things : Moving before PR is not good for your PR application as you maybe refused. As to Job french and any relevant experience
anywhere (if not Canada which is always preferred) will help. Initially try for short term contracting roles and then you will move
to perm positions.

All the best

telegram

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
Just FYI My previous housemate was from Philippines and he after completing his Masters in Mechanical Engineering
couldn't find any relevant job for 6 months after graduation. He saw a lawyer as he was getting a job in Toronto and the
lawyer advised him against it till he gets his PR. He found a job after few months but he also had some mechanical engineering
experience from his home country.

What he advised me is to hone french skills and I have enrolled in University of Montreal french course. I still have 1 year to file
for CSQ (early 2019) and I also have some relevant experience overseas.

Two things : Moving before PR is not good for your PR application as you maybe refused. As to Job french and any relevant experience
anywhere (if not Canada which is always preferred) will help. Initially try for short term contracting roles and then you will move
to perm positions.

All the best
Thanks for your comment.