+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW: Leaving Quebec during the PR federal stage

alex213

May 14, 2016
Hello all,

I have filled for my PR last September. However, it is quite difficult to find a job in my field in Quebec now, and there are quite a few jobs outside the province. In my case, would it jeopardize my PR process, if I take up a job outside Quebec? As much as I want to live in Quebec and not break any conditions. I have not found a job in my field for the last few months since graduation. Any comments or suggestions or feedback would highly valued!! :D :D

Office: Sydney, NS
(PEQ) CSQ - June 2016
Federal application sent - September 2016
AOR - November 2016
Medical sent upfront- Receieved
Decision Made -
PPR -

Montreal-QC

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Nov'16
AOR Received.
Med's Request
alex213 said:
Hello all,

I have filled for my PR last September. However, it is quite difficult to find a job in my field in Quebec now, and there are quite a few jobs outside the province. In my case, would it jeopardize my PR process, if I take up a job outside Quebec? As much as I want to live in Quebec and not break any conditions. I have not found a job in my field for the last few months since graduation. Any comments or suggestions or feedback would highly valued!! :D :D

Office: Sydney, NS
(PEQ) CSQ - June 2016
Federal application sent - September 2016
AOR - November 2016
Medical sent upfront- Receieved
Decision Made -
PPR -
Definitely Federal will ask for an explanation letter. Based on your explanation, Federal will decide, will they cancel ur application or not? I heard some news that, someone moved in Vancouver and his file was canceled as QSW. It depends on each case. But, it is always recommend to stay in Quebec.

I understand ur opinion. If u move in other province, when u apply as QSW, it's has always a chance for cancellation.

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's better not to leave for another province now.
I'm having the same problem finding a job, but I wouldn't risk my PR at this stage.

alex213

May 14, 2016
Sounds like the correct decision would be to weather out in QC, a friend of mine from college basically moved and started working in Vancouver, according to him, he did not encounter any problems. Which makes me wonder how does CIC know if you moved or started working somewhere else

Montreal-QC

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 Nov'16
AOR Received.
Med's Request
alex213 said:
Sounds like the correct decision would be to weather out in QC, a friend of mine from college basically moved and started working in Vancouver, according to him, he did not encounter any problems. Which makes me wonder how does CIC know if you moved or started working somewhere else
It's not that much hard for CIC to know in which province u r living. When u r paid by ur SIN number by ur employer/when u changed ur address/when u get other province Medical Card/when u will do ur tax file and may be their are also many others way to know it.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Montreal-QC said:
It's not that much hard for CIC to know in which province u r living. When u r paid by ur SIN number by ur employer/when u changed ur address/when u get other province Medical Card/when u will do ur tax file and may be their are also many others way to know it.
http://meurrensonimmigration.com/cic-to-begin-sharing-information-on-citizenship-applicants-with-the-canada-revenue-agency/

alex213

May 14, 2016
Hey all,

Would anyone be able to tell me if its possible to study or enroll in courses at institutions during the federal PR processing stage? Or if can study short courses or something similar? As I am working low key jobs, I was interested in pursing studies to make best use of my time while processing. Thanks!

*Currently on a Post Graduate Work Permit for 3 years.

DesertBoi27

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
04-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
17-04-2017
I'm in somehow same situation, currently I'm studying in Saskatchewan while waiting for my PR. I cant move until my graduation in June. I received AOR on 22 Feb 2017. Im worried that my being in SK will be detrimental to my application. I have a solid intent to move to QC but I still have to wait until I graduate.

HJM

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Does it matter if one moves outside Quebec after PR? Would it cause any issues later on such as during citizenship application?

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex213 said:
Hey all,

Would anyone be able to tell me if its possible to study or enroll in courses at institutions during the federal PR processing stage? Or if can study short courses or something similar? As I am working low key jobs, I was interested in pursing studies to make best use of my time while processing. Thanks!

*Currently on a Post Graduate Work Permit for 3 years.
Hey, No you are not permitted to study on a work permit.
And if you ask for a study permit , you have to cancel your PR application , because basically, Skilled worker CSQ is intended for working in Quebec...

HJM

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
MTL2MTL said:
Hey, No you are not permitted to study on a work permit.
And if you ask for a study permit , you have to cancel your PR application , because basically, Skilled worker CSQ is intended for working in Quebec...

I was under the same impression but I don't think that it is completely true. I am a full time student and have been issued a CSQ (as I have a professional license from Quebec Order) and have applied to pr.

razanain

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
Med's Request
10-04-2017
Med's Done....
02-05-2017
It is not advisable to leave QC and start working in any other province, as you have signed intent to reside in QC, and been selected to work in QC. by doing so you would risk your application for permanent residence.

HJM

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
razanain said:
It is not advisable to leave QC and start working in any other province, as you have signed intent to reside in QC, and been selected to work in QC. by doing so you would risk your application for permanent residence.
What about after getting your pr? I understand we have singed a declaration of indent to stay in Quebec but does it impact any way after you have your pr.

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
alex213 said:
After PR, you can live and work anywhere. That is certain.
However, after permanent residency comes citizenship, you must show that you made a significant attempt to live and settle in Quebec (eg purchase a house, worked many jobs etc) and you must demonstrate that you moved to another province because you had difficulty in finding employment (perhaps show job searches over a period of time) and as a result you moved. When people come through Quebec and go to another province, it makes it really difficult for others in waiting and the requirements change brutally.