+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW and CIC Processing Times

BritBeq

Mar 24, 2016
Hi so this is my first post on this forum. I plan on applying for the QSW once I can create an account on Mon Projet Quebec and the next application intake period opens after the June 13th to June 20th intake period. I am fairly confident I will be accepted. I live in the UK and will be applying with my British passport (I also hold a French passport). I am bilingual (English + French) and will have IELTS and TCF scores to prove this. I will be 21 when I apply, have a Bachelors degree, and I spent a year studying at university in Quebec on an exchange program when I was 19.

I have taken a look at the application form and the documents I will need, and everything seems straight forward. I should have all the documents they could request by the time I submit my application form. I will be applying myself, no dependents. I've also taken a look at the subsequent application to the federal government for permanent residency, and again it looks reasonably straight forward and I should have all the required documents.

I checked the official Quebec website for the QSW, and it says that for my country (UK), the timeframes are as follows

4 months for the verification of documents
1 to 3 months for the preliminary review
1 to 9 months for the selection review.

I then checked the average processing times for permanent residency applications on CIC through the QSW, and it says 15 months.

So according to this information, if best case scenario the preliminary review and the selection review take one month each, I would still be looking at around a total of 21 months (1 year and 9 months) until my permanent residence is granted.

Is it just me or does that seem a bit excessive? I believe the CIC average processing times are worked out on an average of all embassy offices, so possibly London is a bit quicker than others?

I really did not think that the average processing times would be this long. Would you suspect mines to be shorter if my application is in good order and I supply all the documents quickly? I mean at the end of the day I am only a 21 year old guy, no dependents and don't have an extensive work history to trace back. I have also visited Canada on numerous occasions (aside from the year I spent studying in Quebec).

The reason why I am asking is that I would like to go teach English in South Korea for a year or two in the near future and I would ideally like to get my permanent residency sorted in Canada before I do so. Obviously if I went and lived in South Korea when my application is being processed for the QSW or PR, it could cause complications so I'd rather avoid that.

Anyway guys, its my first post here as I mentioned, so any advice would be appreciated. Good luck to anyone else who is also hoping to take the leap to Canada!

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
You are looking at a best case scenario and you will be lucky if your application is processed that seamlessly. Delays are the norm because of backlog. Your timeline, as you state it, is almost perfect. I doubt very much if it could be faster than that.

msanburaja

Sep 28, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
BritBeq said:
Hi so this is my first post on this forum. I plan on applying for the QSW once I can create an account on Mon Projet Quebec and the next application intake period opens after the June 13th to June 20th intake period. I am fairly confident I will be accepted. I live in the UK and will be applying with my British passport (I also hold a French passport). I am bilingual (English + French) and will have IELTS and TCF scores to prove this. I will be 21 when I apply, have a Bachelors degree, and I spent a year studying at university in Quebec on an exchange program when I was 19.

I have taken a look at the application form and the documents I will need, and everything seems straight forward. I should have all the documents they could request by the time I submit my application form. I will be applying myself, no dependents. I've also taken a look at the subsequent application to the federal government for permanent residency, and again it looks reasonably straight forward and I should have all the required documents.

I checked the official Quebec website for the QSW, and it says that for my country (UK), the timeframes are as follows

4 months for the verification of documents
1 to 3 months for the preliminary review
1 to 9 months for the selection review.

I then checked the average processing times for permanent residency applications on CIC through the QSW, and it says 15 months.

So according to this information, if best case scenario the preliminary review and the selection review take one month each, I would still be looking at around a total of 21 months (1 year and 9 months) until my permanent residence is granted.

Is it just me or does that seem a bit excessive? I believe the CIC average processing times are worked out on an average of all embassy offices, so possibly London is a bit quicker than others?

I really did not think that the average processing times would be this long. Would you suspect mines to be shorter if my application is in good order and I supply all the documents quickly? I mean at the end of the day I am only a 21 year old guy, no dependents and don't have an extensive work history to trace back. I have also visited Canada on numerous occasions (aside from the year I spent studying in Quebec).

The reason why I am asking is that I would like to go teach English in South Korea for a year or two in the near future and I would ideally like to get my permanent residency sorted in Canada before I do so. Obviously if I went and lived in South Korea when my application is being processed for the QSW or PR, it could cause complications so I'd rather avoid that.

Anyway guys, its my first post here as I mentioned, so any advice would be appreciated. Good luck to anyone else who is also hoping to take the leap to Canada!
If they consider your Bachelors degree as Qubece Experience, You will be eligible to apply under PEQ ( quebec Graduate). PEQ time frame usally less than 1 year. please dont stick on the regular skilled worker program. As you are bilingual you might have better option to settle down in Quebec.

BritBeq

Mar 24, 2016
msanburaja said:
If they consider your Bachelors degree as Qubece Experience, You will be eligible to apply under PEQ ( quebec Graduate). PEQ time frame usally less than 1 year. please dont stick on the regular skilled worker program. As you are bilingual you might have better option to settle down in Quebec.
Hi, I did not gain my bachelors in Canada, it was only one year of study in an exchange program. My other three years I did in the UK. My bachelors is in history so it won't be counted as an area of trainining.

What other programs would be better for me as I am bilingual? Btw, I am lucky enough to qualify for the two year work and travel visa in Canada. Do you think it would be a good idea to use that, then once I am there file an internal application to go from temproary to permanent residency?

Btw I read an article on CIC news.com , that states "There are a number of positives to take from the reopening of the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. First and foremost, it could be one of the last of its kind, a way to apply for and obtain Canadian permanent residence on a first-come, first-served basis,” says Attorney David Cohen."

I also read somewhere else that the le Minstere was debating closing the program. Is this legit or just speculation? I don't want to miss my chance to immigrate to Canada

msanburaja

Sep 28, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
BritBeq said:
Hi, I did not gain my bachelors in Canada, it was only one year of study in an exchange program. My other three years I did in the UK. My bachelors is in history so it won't be counted as an area of trainining.

What other programs would be better for me as I am bilingual? Btw, I am lucky enough to qualify for the two year work and travel visa in Canada. Do you think it would be a good idea to use that, then once I am there file an internal application to go from temproary to permanent residency?

Btw I read an article on CIC news.com , that states "There are a number of positives to take from the reopening of the Quebec Skilled Worker Program. First and foremost, it could be one of the last of its kind, a way to apply for and obtain Canadian permanent residence on a first-come, first-served basis,” says Attorney David Cohen."

I also read somewhere else that the le Minstere was debating closing the program. Is this legit or just speculation? I don't want to miss my chance to immigrate to Canada
Hi, i just read something intresting in Quebec Website,hope it helps !!! here it is

* If you have advanced intermediate knowledge of French demonstrated by a standardized test recognized by the Ministère, your application is not subject to these rules and you can submit your application at any time until March 31, 2016.
** You can submit your application at any time if you are in one or the other of the situations specified in the Permanent workers section below.

link : MMM.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html (html link is restricted here please add www in the prefix)

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msanburaja said:
Hi, i just read something intresting in Quebec Website,hope it helps !!! here it is

* If you have advanced intermediate knowledge of French demonstrated by a standardized test recognized by the Ministère, your application is not subject to these rules and you can submit your application at any time until March 31, 2016.
** You can submit your application at any time if you are in one or the other of the situations specified in the Permanent workers section below.

link : MMM.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/rules-procedures.html (html link is restricted here please add www in the prefix)
Being bilingual helps only if OP is planing to enter as an investor or entrepreneur & not as permanent skilled worker.

msanburaja

Sep 28, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
jairichi said:
Being bilingual helps only if OP is planing to enter as an investor or entrepreneur & not as permanent skilled worker.
@jairichi sorryy you are right!!! they should have mention it clearly!