+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW 2016 and OINP applications at the same time

RajeshIL

Aug 21, 2015
Hello,
I am applying for QSW in Jan. OINP application is in progress and expecting a nomination from Ontario before April 2016. Can I pursue Quebec even after getting ITA through express entry? My plan is to have QSW as a back up if CIC rejects my application after ITA.
If I have to ask Quebec to stop processing my application after getting nomination, there is not point applying and spending a lot of money. Please guide me with this unique situation. My personal circumstances require me to immigrate to Canada asap:(

Thank you,
Rajesh

ykhan60

Mar 21, 2015
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2016
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Your nomination from ONIP depends on your CRS points. If you have more than 400 point in your EE profile, there are chances of nomination by ONIP, but this is not the hard and fast rule. I know a few people with 400+ points in EE profile but still waiting their nomination from ONIP.
I suppose its good idea to keep QSW for your backup.
As far as processing time is concerned, ONIP or EE is way faster than QSW, so make the decision accordingly if you get nominated by both the provinces.

mark29

Star Member
Dec 30, 2015
ykhan60 said:
Your nomination from ONIP depends on your CRS points. If you have more than 400 point in your EE profile, there are chances of nomination by ONIP, but this is not the hard and fast rule. I know a few people with 400+ points in EE profile but still waiting their nomination from ONIP.
I suppose its good idea to keep QSW for your backup.
As far as processing time is concerned, ONIP or EE is way faster than QSW, so make the decision accordingly if you get nominated by both the provinces.
Just want to ask, multiple applications to different province and program wont make any complication?

nvnissac

Jan 12, 2016
Onip seems to be charging 1500 cad fee which is more than other provincee nominations..Any idea when other provincee nominations may open for EE and is it safe to wait for others or go with OINP now?