+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW 2013 APPLICANTS,LETS NETWORK N SHARE TIMELINES!

khan123

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
khan123 said:
Hey guys... thanks a lot for your advice...

Please allow me to explain a bit elaborately. Currently, I'm a single applicant.

I've got each band 6 in IELTS with 6.5 in speaking; that is giving me 4 points under old/new rule. My AOT (BBA, MBA) is in the 6 points category. All other things are very much same. With my DELF A2, I've got 6 points and got 53 points under old rule. But from August 1 (after reviewing the FAQs), I'm losing 6 points and thus end up with 47 points only.

My fiancee (not yet my wife officially) will adding me 8 points (B.Sc in ME and 7 months+ experience) and since the new french is applicable to her as well, so her DELF A2 will not give any points either.

According to old rule and after our marriage, we should have 63 points without adaptability. My marriage is scheduled at December and even after adding her, we will be ending up with only 55 (which is not passable). So, I'll have 2 points short now and even after marriage it will remain the same.

I know that I've IELTS options, and I can get 6/6 points over there but even that will only give me just a passable score. I also know that 6/6 is achievable in adaptability (interview), but that will be just too much to ask. It'll be like leaving everything to fate which is not a good decision I guess!

Achieving B2 ain't easy and for my case we'll require at least 2 years to enter the exam and results on hand will require another couple of months. Thus, practically we'll need another 2.5 years to get the B2 level.

I'm thinking of withdrawing the file because, it will be a needless change request to add the spouse knowing that you are not attaining a passable score. Does I need to waste (!) additional 160 CAD + Fedex expenses knowing the overall outcome?? You just can't play blind with your life.. Do you?

Hope I've made you guys understand my situation!
Dear Raistlin17phil and Stylove

Can you people help me taking the decision... Shall I withdraw it now or wait for MICC to update the doc that will eventually result in refusal...

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
khan123 said:

Can you people help me taking the decision... Shall I withdraw it now or wait for MICC to update the doc that will eventually result in refusal...
Do not Withdraw if you send application before 8 july 2013 (apply old rules)

from quebec website :-

Immigration Rules and Procedures in effect since August 1, 2013

1. I submitted an immigration application under the Regular Skilled Worker Program. How do I know if the new measures apply to me?

The new measures apply to you if, by August 1, 2013, you received one of the following documents from the Ministère:

an acknowledgement confirming that your file has been opened and the fees received;
an acknowledgement as well as a letter asking you to provide missing documents or conforming documents in order to process your application.

If, on August 1, 2013, you were in one of the situations described below, it means that your file has already being processed. Therefore, the new measures do not apply to you.

You were convened to a selection interview that will take place in the next few weeks or months;
You received a letter entitled “Demande en attente d'entrevue de selection” (application pending a selection interview) informing you that the initial evaluation of your application is complete and that you will soon be convened to an interview;
You received a letter entitled “Demande en attente de decision” (application pending a decision) informing you that we will contact you once a decision has been made;
You received a letter entitled “Intention de refus” (intent to refuse the application), informing you that you must submit other documents or information that will allow us to continue to review your file;
You have already had a selection interview and your file has not been finalized.

immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/questions-answers.html#august

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
khan123 said:

Hi Khan123,

There is a new "Memo" (? Don't really know what to call it! :p) that should be applicable on September 4 (?) (http://translate.google.com.ph/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php%3Ftype%3D7%26gpiType%3DN%26file%3DNPI2013-016.pdf%26eoq%3D36870) This is just the translated version. You might want to take a look at it since I'm not sure if I fully comprehend it (the translation's a bit awkward).

If I'm not mistaken, it states that those who submitted their applications before August 1 in which preliminary examination has not been done yet, the new rules will apply but with a "reference Francization". If you have attained 39 points minimum (or 43 for married) and have at least an A2 level, you will be given 18 months to increase your French level to B2 and attain the points you need in order to get at least 49 or 57 (without the adaptability points). So there, 1 year and 6 months to upgrade from A2 to B2. However, the downpoint to this is that I think they mentioned the words "candidate whose profile is interesting for Quebec" right at the beginning of the Memo, so I can't really say how subjective or objective they are going to be in selecting applications which they will give this chance for extension to. You might also want to verify if they will reimburse you if you withdraw but your application was not received within the July 8 to August 16 timeframe.

khan123

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
Hi Raistlin17phil... Thx a lot for the updates...

Is B2 is required for both modules to get points in French? or one B2 and one B1 is enough to get 5 points at least???

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
khan123 said:

Is B2 is required for both modules to get points in French? or one B2 and one B1 is enough to get 5 points at least???
One B2 will fetch 5 points... not necessariy to have B2 in all..

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
khan123 said:

I think B2 is the only one they're counting. So get a B2 level in Speaking you get 5 (?) points, B2 in Listening is another 5(?), then Reading and Writing are 1 (?) point each.

khan123

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
raistlin17phil said:
I think B2 is the only one they're counting. So get a B2 level in Speaking you get 5 (?) points, B2 in Listening is another 5(?), then Reading and Writing are 1 (?) point each.
Thanks YOU.

The following two lines are kinda contradictory (at least for me). Can you please clarify. Since, I've 47 w/o french (single applicant) and since I've got less than 16 in listening and speaking in DELF A2, so am I applicable in francisation?

“Si le requérant principal (avec conjoint) est référé seul en francisation, une note minimale de 47 points est requise à l'ensemble des facteurs de la grille excluant le facteur Adaptabilité”

Translation: "If the principal applicant (with spouse) referred only in French language , a minimum score of 47 points is required for all factors of the grid excluding Adaptability factor"

&

“Aucune référence en francisation ne peut être faite en dessous du niveau de compétence 4 de l'Échelle québécoise qui doit être obtenu pour chacune des competences”

Translation: "No reference Francization can be made below the level of competence 4 Scale Quebec must be obtained for each competency"

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
khan123 said:
Thanks YOU.

The following two lines are kinda contradictory (at least for me). Can you please clarify. Since, I've 47 w/o french (single applicant) and since I've got less than 16 in listening and speaking in DELF A2, so am I applicable in francisation?

“Si le requérant principal (avec conjoint) est référé seul en francisation, une note minimale de 47 points est requise à l'ensemble des facteurs de la grille excluant le facteur Adaptabilité”

Translation: "If the principal applicant (with spouse) referred only in French language , a minimum score of 47 points is required for all factors of the grid excluding Adaptability factor"

&

“Aucune référence en francisation ne peut être faite en dessous du niveau de compétence 4 de l'Échelle québécoise qui doit être obtenu pour chacune des competences”

Translation: "No reference Francization can be made below the level of competence 4 Scale Quebec must be obtained for each competency"

The first statement doesn't apply to you because you are applying as single, not as married. The minimum requirement for single in the points is 39, and since you have 47, you qualify. However, based on the second statement, it seems you don't qualify because you weren't able to reach the passmark (score at least 16 points) to get an A2 level, hence, you're only in A1 level in Speaking and Listening. But how about your writing and reading? Were you able to get at least 16 points in any of those? Perhaps those can save you. Furthermore, do you think you will be able to take a TEF or TEFAQ exam? At least with those, if they put you as A2 level, then you are really in A2 level, no more scores as like that of DELF. If you are not a priority application, you might still have time to submit another exam. If you will withdraw and you are not in the July 8 to Aug. 16 slot, you might want to verify with them if they will reimburse you. No sense withdrawing if they won't reimburse you anyway.

khan123

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
see... that's why I got confused... one statement is virtually contradicting another... how weird...
do u think MICC will inform us about our status within couple of months....??

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
khan123 said:
see... that's why I got confused... one statement is virtually contradicting another... how weird...
do u think MICC will inform us about our status within couple of months....??
They are not contradicting each other, you have to satisfy BOTH in order to be qualified for Francization. Two months?! I don't think so, it might take longer than that. It takes them 4-6 months just to get give us our AOR, how much more once they start preliminary evaluation? Nah, if I were you, I'd work on getting a placement exam like TEF or TEFAQ asap and send to them an A2 level result.

khan123

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
raistlin17phil said:
They are not contradicting each other, you have to satisfy BOTH in order to be qualified for Francization. Two months?! I don't think so, it might take longer than that. It takes them 4-6 months just to get give us our AOR, how much more once they start preliminary evaluation? Nah, if I were you, I'd work on getting a placement exam like TEF or TEFAQ asap and send to them an A2 level result.
lol.. well said... btw, what about your status/profile in QSW application...??

beautiful-carla

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreaal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-10-2013(Received on 11/10/2013)
Doc's Request.
Submitted all documents...
AOR Received.
waiting...
IELTS Request
08-10-2013(together w/my Application documents)
File Transfer...
waiting....
Med's Request
waiting....
Med's Done....
not yet
Interview........
Hopefully waived...
Passport Req..
waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Only GOD knows when...
LANDED..........
Only GOD knows when...
hello to seniors of this thread...may i know your interpretation on this points for AOT?
"The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for Quebec immigration. If this is not the case, the applicant must have worked for at least one year out of the five years in a field directly related to the diploma or degree obtained." .. I finished my Bach of Nursing last April 02, 2008 does it mean i can get 16 points for AOT?...
what does this statement means? The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for Quebec immigration?... does it mean in order to avail the 16 points for AOT my Bach Nursing graduation must not be 5 years older? it's been more than 5 years and 5 mos since i graduated from my nursing....please need help.... ::)

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
beautiful-carla said:
hello to seniors of this thread...may i know your interpretation on this points for AOT?
"The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for Quebec immigration. If this is not the case, the applicant must have worked for at least one year out of the five years in a field directly related to the diploma or degree obtained." .. I finished my Bach of Nursing last April 02, 2008 does it mean i can get 16 points for AOT?...
what does this statement means? The diploma or degree must have been obtained in the five years previous to applying for Quebec immigration?... does it mean in order to avail the 16 points for AOT my Bach Nursing graduation must not be 5 years older? it's been more than 5 years and 5 mos since i graduated from my nursing....please need help.... ::)
If you graduated in April 02 2008 then the application had to be received before April 01 2013 to receive 16 points ;D
That's only the case if you didn't practice in the field for one year. If you did work in your profession then you still get points.

icanadian

Star Member
Jul 30, 2013
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2015
Hi Ivegen,
I applied for CSQ through Campbellcohen on 24th July 2013.Today I got a mail from reception stating
"Le français suit / French follows

Kindly note that your package was received today.

It has been given to the person responsible for your file.

Should we require additional information or documents,

you will be notified accordingly.

Regards,

Campbell Cohen"

As it is already Friday end and I have to wait two more days to call them and ask what it is.Since you also applied through same attorney can u update me if u have received any such mails from them(reception)

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
icanadian said:
Hi Ivegen,
I applied for CSQ through Campbellcohen on 24th July 2013.Today I got a mail from reception stating
"Le français suit / French follows

Kindly note that your package was received today.

It has been given to the person responsible for your file.

Should we require additional information or documents,

you will be notified accordingly.

Regards,

Campbell Cohen"

As it is already Friday end and I have to wait two more days to call them and ask what it is.Since you also applied through same attorney can u update me if u have received any such mails from them(reception)
That's just a simple notification that your documents were received. Everytime they receive something to update your case you'll have such e-mail. No need to reply for that message. I received it multiple times.