+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW 2013 APPLICANTS,LETS NETWORK N SHARE TIMELINES!

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
khan123 said:
Dear seniors,

Can you guys please explain the french language points details of spouse under the new rule?
(I'm wondering whether spouse also need minimum B2 level to get any points or not...)
My spouse have only DELF A2...
Yes, B2 is needed by the spouse as well to get points. 2 points each for listening and speaking. (http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=hu&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca%2FdynamicSearch%2Ftelecharge.php%3Ftype%3D7%26file%3DGPI-3-1.pdf&act=url).

khan123

Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2013
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
in that case... im literally gone. i used to have 63 points w/o adaptability.

under old rule, I got 6 points (as a primary applicant) and my spouse got 2. both of us have DELF A2 certificate. now with the 8 points gone, im stranded with 55 points. And min passable score is 57. and I guess, I’ll need at least need 2 years to give DELF B2. it’s a dead end for us…

what shall I do now?? shall I withdraw my file?
p.s: I’ve applied on feb’13 and got aor on march’13.

harryneedinfo

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
Nov 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Interview........
Waived
Dipolog said:
hi guys! I have question again about interview waiving, I pass my application on july 2013, someone told me that i already belong to the new point system, According to my computation without french language I already got 66 points(according to the new points), because there is additional points for nurses,
My question is do I have chance that my application will be interview waived? even without french language exam,
Please guyss I need you response.
You vry much have the chance of getting interview waiver.

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
khan123 said:
in that case... im literally gone. i used to have 63 points w/o adaptability.

under old rule, I got 6 points (as a primary applicant) and my spouse got 2. both of us have DELF A2 certificate. now with the 8 points gone, im stranded with 55 points. And min passable score is 57. and I guess, I'll need at least need 2 years to give DELF B2. it's a dead end for us...

what shall I do now?? shall I withdraw my file?
p.s: I've applied on feb'13 and got aor on march'13.
There is a clause in the website's FAQ that those who have 2 points less than the passing mark will be given a chance to increase their French language skills. However, I don't know if this is referring to the preliminary passmark (49 or 57) or to the passmark to get CSQ (55 and 63). You might want to take a look at the FAQ's list in Quebec Immigration's website and give them a call as well to verify.

To increase your points, have you looked at maybe:

a) updating your work experience - 6 months has already passed since your submission, so maybe you've already earned another year in your profession?
b) IELTS - any chances of being able to take another IELTS and get higher scores and additional points?

Now, I don't know how feasible it is to get from A2 to B2 in a short period of time, but maybe it's possible if your spouse works on it full time, while you work on it part time as you go to work, or the other way around. By this time, you're probably on your B1 classes already. I know that the placement exam like TEFAQ enables you to be certified at a higher level even if you only took a course lower than that level, provided you really know your stuff. I suppose the key really is in applying what you know in B1 level well enough. Somebody told me that B2 really is more on literary stuff, and that much of the grammar really is in the lower levels; ergo, B2 is more on application. This is just my opinion, though. I'm currently working on B1 myself on my own so it'll be faster since it will take 1 year via AF to finish B1 alone. Don't know if I'll be successful in getting B2 or not, but it's worth a try.

With regards to withdrawing, you might want to check with BIQ for that. It is stated in the website that those who had their applications received from July 8 to Aug 16, 2013 can withdraw. Your demand draft has already been encashed by this time, right, since you already have the AOR? Please also note that if you do get the minimum 57 points in order to be qualified for an interview, you will still need 6 points in order to get the CSQ. It's possible to actually get the full 6 points for adaptability, but it takes a lot of dedication and hard work. If you're able to get French B2 by the time you're interviewed, so much the better. If you're on priority processing (getting AOT points 12 or 16), you might not have enough time. If not (getting AOT below 12 points), maybe you have enough time. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Stylove

Dec 8, 2012
Visa Office......
ADVO
NOC Code......
U118
App. Filed.......
FOR CSQ MARCH 2013. FEDERAL JAN 4, 2016
Doc's Request.
RPRF AND PCC: DEC 19, 2016
AOR Received.
FEB 22, 2016
File Transfer...
ECAS: DM
Med's Request
NOV 29, 2016
Med's Done....
DEC 15, 2016
Interview........
Decision Made: 16-03-17
Passport Req..
15-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
April 2017
raistlin17phil said:
There is a clause in the website's FAQ that those who have 2 points less than the passing mark will be given a chance to increase their French language skills. However, I don't know if this is referring to the preliminary passmark (49 or 57) or to the passmark to get CSQ (55 and 63). You might want to take a look at the FAQ's list in Quebec Immigration's website and give them a call as well to verify.

To increase your points, have you looked at maybe:

a) updating your work experience - 6 months has already passed since your submission, so maybe you've already earned another year in your profession?
b) IELTS - any chances of being able to take another IELTS and get higher scores and additional points?

Now, I don't know how feasible it is to get from A2 to B2 in a short period of time, but maybe it's possible if your spouse works on it full time, while you work on it part time as you go to work, or the other way around. By this time, you're probably on your B1 classes already. I know that the placement exam like TEFAQ enables you to be certified at a higher level even if you only took a course lower than that level, provided you really know your stuff. I suppose the key really is in applying what you know in B1 level well enough. Somebody told me that B2 really is more on literary stuff, and that much of the grammar really is in the lower levels; ergo, B2 is more on application. This is just my opinion, though. I'm currently working on B1 myself on my own so it'll be faster since it will take 1 year via AF to finish B1 alone. Don't know if I'll be successful in getting B2 or not, but it's worth a try.

With regards to withdrawing, you might want to check with BIQ for that. It is stated in the website that those who had their applications received from July 8 to Aug 16, 2013 can withdraw. Your demand draft has already been encashed by this time, right, since you already have the AOR? Please also note that if you do get the minimum 57 points in order to be qualified for an interview, you will still need 6 points in order to get the CSQ. It's possible to actually get the full 6 points for adaptability, but it takes a lot of dedication and hard work. If you're able to get French B2 by the time you're interviewed, so much the better. If you're on priority processing (getting AOT points 12 or 16), you might not have enough time. If not (getting AOT below 12 points), maybe you have enough time. Hope this helps. Good luck!
Hey Raistlin thats a perfect answer from you and +1 for you on his behalf. I was just about telling him not to even think of withdrawing his application until after exploring these two options.

He is at 55points, 2 points short of the preliminary marks for a couple. How many points did you get in IELTs? How long did you work before submitting your application in February? Its more than 6 months now and let's explore it to see if it takes you to another level.

I think before finally landing on your decision to withdraw, start by placing your complete profile here and let's see if we can work you up to 57pts even if it's gonna take you another 2 or 3 months to get it.

Du courage mon frere, Quebec nous attend.

Stylove

hardik_shah

May 30, 2012
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th December 2014
Nomination.....
PER - 2nd March 2015
AOR Received.
17th April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent alongwith application
Med's Request
13th May 2015
Med's Done....
20th May 2015
Interview........
Waived - DM on 10th June
Passport Req..
11th June 2015
Hey i have submitted my appication and i know the process,

mail me at shahh51@yahoo.com, i can guide to my best knowledge.

l0l0p3t3r said:
Hi! I'm a nurse and sorry to inform you that I cannot afford to have an agency because their fees are too big. The reason why I join in this forum is to clarify some things that I do not know. Hope all of you guys in this forum can help me...

sukip

Jun 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
AOR Received.
07-11-2013
Med's Request
20-12-2013
Med's Done....
28-12-2013
LANDED..........
Already Living in Canada
Hello,

I got My CSQ last year, i got married now and applied for my husband CSQ on july 15th. i got the payment recipt on july 26th.
and August 13th, they asked for me and my husbands birth certificates. we both dont know french. but i already got my CSQ having an interview as i had enof points.
My work permit expiring soon. Do u think i will get his CSQ and my new CSQ?

:(or will they consider mine as new?????
Please help!!!!

kelly_mbarker

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent w/ application
HELP PLEASE!!!

Do i still need to submit copy of pay slip and proof of SSS contibution if I already resigned from my previous work. I will submit my pay slip and proof of SS contribution on my current employment. PLS enlighten me. thank you!

kelly_mbarker

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
17-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent w/ application
My de facto spouse passport will expire on january 2014.. Can we still submit the photocopy of that passport or do we need to renew it first. We plan to submit this September. Tnx guys

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
kelly_mbarker said:
My de facto spouse passport will expire on january 2014.. Can we still submit the photocopy of that passport or do we need to renew it first. We plan to submit this September. Tnx guys
You can apply with a current passport and update your application later with a renewed one. Work experience is counted only if all supporting documents are provided for all positions where you worked within the recent 5 years. SSN is required to prove its legality. If you want to receive points you need to submit the proof of tax contribution for previous work also.

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
sukip said:
Hello,

I got My CSQ last year, i got married now and applied for my husband CSQ on july 15th. i got the payment recipt on july 26th.
and August 13th, they asked for me and my husbands birth certificates. we both dont know french. but i already got my CSQ having an interview as i had enof points.
My work permit expiring soon. Do u think i will get his CSQ and my new CSQ?

:(or will they consider mine as new?????
Please help!!!!
In the CSQ it's mentioned that if marital status of an applicant changes the points will be recalculated with new conditions considering spouse characteristics. Therefore it might cause a formal delay. You need to wait until your husband receives CSQ. I read somewhere that if a federal stage is almost complete and an applicant gets married he can write a petition to claim a PR for the spouse. Thus, it happens automatically without any new CSQ point recalculation or delays. Of course it's not always possible to plan such things as marriage exactly ;D but the smartest desicion is to get married after you've submitted a federal application; therefore evading the necessity for your spouse to obtain CSQ.

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
Ievgen said:
In the CSQ it's mentioned that if marital status of an applicant changes the points will be recalculated with new conditions considering spouse characteristics. Therefore it might cause a formal delay. You need to wait until your husband receives CSQ. I read somewhere that if a federal stage is almost complete and an applicant gets married he can write a petition to claim a PR for the spouse. Thus, it happens automatically without any new CSQ point recalculation or delays. Of course it's not always possible to plan such things as marriage exactly ;D but the smartest desicion is to get married after you've submitted a federal application; therefore evading the necessity for your spouse to obtain CSQ.

Thanks for the info, Ievgen. :) Where did you get the info about claiming a PR for spouse before the federal stage is done? I'd like to know about that. I plan to get married sometime after I land in Quebec so as not to disrupt the immigration paperworks at all, but if there is the option of getting married and getting an immigrant visa for my spouse as well without too much hassle and time, that would really be great! ;D I've read the post of somebody who got married AFTER getting her immigrant visa but BEFORE landing; her visa got cancelled, I don't know if her CSQ got cancelled as well. :(

abrarmohsin

Star Member
Sep 7, 2010
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2014
Nomination.....
07-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
For the people currently residing in Quebec, does the Montreal office send their applications to BIQ New York? I applied for CSQ in March, 2013, got my AoR in May, 2013 and in the payment receipt document "RECU", it was mentioned "Pour BIQ-New York".

Does that mean my file is in process at New York even though i'm residing in Montreal?

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
raistlin17phil said:
Thanks for the info, Ievgen. :) Where did you get the info about claiming a PR for spouse before the federal stage is done? I'd like to know about that. I plan to get married sometime after I land in Quebec so as not to disrupt the immigration paperworks at all, but if there is the option of getting married and getting an immigrant visa for my spouse as well without too much hassle and time, that would really be great! ;D I've read the post of somebody who got married AFTER getting her immigrant visa but BEFORE landing; her visa got cancelled, I don't know if her CSQ got cancelled as well. :(
I read it sometime before and I can't remember exactly if it was the immigration website or here on the forum. Try to google this stuff. It was specified that if you get married before submitting federal application then you need to apply for a new CSQ for your spouse and points are recalculated. But if you wait and submit federal application, by the time it's almost done you need to write a some kind of petition for your spouse to get a PR automatically :) That's probably because once your CSQ number is registered with CIC to get a PR there's nothing that could be done about that and process can't be reversed back to CSQ stage. They won't have other choices except to issue a PR for your spouse ;D.

Dipolog

Aug 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
Waiting!!!!
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
harryneedinfo said:
You vry much have the chance of getting interview waiver.
thanks for the good response sir/mam,, Even I have a chance to be interview waived, I need to learn french language as a preparation of my new life in quebec,,,
BONNE CHANCE