awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
GUYS I AM SHOCKED :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just received an email from CIO and my application is rejected due to insufficient experience points.

I have 1 year + 3 years experience in Cooking but in the email the immigration officer says;

"You were assigned 15 points for 1 year(s) work experience. The point assignment is based upon evidence of work experience with Hotel ________________________ as a full time cook. No additional points were assigned for work experience with Hotel ____________ Ltd as sufficient evidence was not provided to satisfy me that you performed the duties of NOC 6242 (Employment letter did provide your duties)."

Now I do not understand why he did not give me points for 3 years of experience which was later than my 1 year of first experience. For my 1st year of experience I did not provide Contract letter, I only provided Reference letter.
And for my 3 years Experience I Provided both Contract and Latest Reference letter. And this experience was in a prestigious and bigger hotel with a lot of duties and responsibilities.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. For up-to-date information on how to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class, please visit the website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

NLB

Program Support Officer
Immigration Section
Case Processing Centre
Sydney, Nova Scotia

Please suggest me what I should do????
As I want to send them fax or whatever as early as possible.

Thanks
Wicky

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
It is really important and urgent....

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
For some reason the VO couldn't assimilate your duties with the 2nd hotel. Maybe there was some sort of discrepancy in JD@the Ref Letters. R u sure they were Xtal clear... as per the duties mentioned in the HRSDC details of that NOC?

Bottomline: As the refusal has come from CIO... it'd be tough on your part to contact them with any sort of plea/s & or explanations... they r just not organized for that. If it was from the VO - it'd have been a different ballgame... u could write to them, with all additional supporting docs & explaining the tenure [in the 2nd hotel] in detail.

U've got 2 options now:
a) Either gear-up for a judicial review [if u r sacrosanct with your paper work]; OR
b) Apply afresh... this time with *better documentation of the 2nd hotel job.

Qorax

*Some of the addnl docs could be:
-Self prepared & notarized JDs.
-Get the Exec Chef to write a detailed JD of yours.
-Printout an Org Chart of the F&B-Processing Dept, with your positioned clearly marked alongwith the names of you imdt superiors.
-As u said it was a larger hotel, probably a 5 star, your Director-HR & Training Manager could assist u as well, with the documentation.
-Attach the Business Cards of the Exec Chef, GM, Resident Manager, Trg Manager etc.
-Some pics of yours while on job.

Etc.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
wicky said:
GUYS I AM SHOCKED :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I just received an email from CIO and my application is rejected due to insufficient experience points.

I have 1 year + 3 years experience in Cooking but in the email the immigration officer says;

"You were assigned 15 points for 1 year(s) work experience. The point assignment is based upon evidence of work experience with Hotel ________________________ as a full time cook. No additional points were assigned for work experience with Hotel ____________ Ltd as sufficient evidence was not provided to satisfy me that you performed the duties of NOC 6242 (Employment letter did provide your duties)."

Now I do not understand why he did not give me points for 3 years of experience which was later than my 1 year of first experience. For my 1st year of experience I did not provide Contract letter, I only provided Reference letter.
And for my 3 years Experience I Provided both Contract and Latest Reference letter. And this experience was in a prestigious and bigger hotel with a lot of duties and responsibilities.

You have not obtained sufficient points to satisfy me that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the regulations. The visa or any other document may be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(2) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and the regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Note: Any different or new information that you submit cannot be taken into consideration.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. For up-to-date information on how to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class, please visit the website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp

There are many ways to immigrate to Canada. To learn more about your options, visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

NLB

Program Support Officer
Immigration Section
Case Processing Centre
Sydney, Nova Scotia

Please suggest me what I should do????
As I want to send them fax or whatever as early as possible.

Thanks
Wicky

Very sorry to hear this Wicky..!! But dont give up..!! i am sure you will make your way to Canada.

All the best.

Cheers...

kochi

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
SATDXB said:
Very sorry to hear this Wicky..!! But dont give up..!! i am sure you will make your way to Canada.

All the best.

Cheers...
Really very sorry. I have one asking Did you receive letter from VO or CIO. I am seeing address of CIO. Normally VO issued this type of letter.

Best of luck.

wicky

Feb 27, 2011
LONDON UK
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
awaiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with application 7.5 Band
File Transfer...
awaiting
Med's Request
awaiting
Med's Done....
awaiting
Interview........
awaiting
Passport Req..
awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
awaiting
LANDED..........
awaiting
Thank you all guys..

As I am still sure I provided them with the all relevant documents.. My 2nd job duties met the NOC requirements. But it looks like they overlooked my application.

Now what I provided as a proof of work experience (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)..

1st) 1 year work experience: Only Reference Letter with all of the details and requirements, stating pay, role, duties etc. etc.
Note: I did not have any contract so they (employer put a note that no contract was made on the letter)

2nd) a) Old contract letter (Notarized Photocopy) stating all details including; job duties, responsibilities, pay etc. etc.
b) Reference Letter; Including, Pay, Employment Period, Job Title etc. (But no jobs duties and responsibilities, as it was stated on the contract letter with every thing in detail)

Now CIO officer did say;

"You were assigned 15 points for 1 year(s) work experience. The point assignment is based upon evidence of work experience with Kashmir Hotel and Restaurant as a full time cook. No additional points were assigned for work experience with Hotel Jabeer (PVT) Ltd as sufficient evidence was not provided to satisfy me that you performed the duties of NOC 6242 (Employment letter did provide your duties)."

I am drafting a letter a faxing it to CIO with the copies of my both experiences the same one. Because I am in London and I cannot afford to waste my time to go back to Pakistan and get every thing from the start.

Please advise me with the process of how to fax CIO and any thing specific/ special on the letter.

Thanks
Wicky

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Not good news.
But I guess the Positive thing (if they dont respond to the Fax), is that the NOCs are still the same. You can update (like Qorax said) and re-apply asap.

The only thing that comes to mind is that they want the duties/details on the Work Exp letter as well, as they granted you 1 year for having provided that.

Your NOC didnt have many applicants in the last round, so you will definitely make it.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Dear Wicky:
Go to Wayne's blog and you will find the info you need on Canadajimmy's NER post. http://get2canada.wordpress.com/how-to-deal-with-unfair-ner/
HANG IN THERE!!! We're all wishing you well! It sounds as if they have missed the description of Job Duties in the contract and just looked for them in the ref letter. I wonder if a note on the ref letter would have alerted them to look for the description on the contract and saved this heart ache? Hind sight.....always 20/20!