+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

qorax/ VIP Members Please Reply | Medical Furtherance for Inactive TB

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
Hi,

I had applied for Work Permit in December. My medical test was done on 22nd December, 2011. Since i had TB 3 years back, i was told to undergo medical furtherance tests ( sputum culture, Repeat Chest X-Ray and visit to a Chest Physician). These tests were to be done after March 22nd, 2012. I will be submitting my passport once again on 27th March, 2012. Any idea how long does it take to receive the Stamped Passport ? All my furtherance tests were negative.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

D

Daniel_Daniel

hi Chitre, I have submitted my application for a visitor visa on March 3 and got a request to attend embassy medicals and the same was completed and sent back to embassy on March 20. Just today I have received an email from embassy saying that they have requested for medical furtherance examination. But I am yet to receive the passport and the details of medical furtherance examination. Can you please let me know how long it might take to receive the passport?

sameerb

Apr 2, 2012
chitre.raunak said:
Hi,

I had applied for Work Permit in December. My medical test was done on 22nd December, 2011. Since i had TB 3 years back, i was told to undergo medical furtherance tests ( sputum culture, Repeat Chest X-Ray and visit to a Chest Physician). These tests were to be done after March 22nd, 2012. I will be submitting my passport once again on 27th March, 2012. Any idea how long does it take to receive the Stamped Passport ? All my furtherance tests were negative.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
hi if u receive line in cas medical results have received means ur medical is clr u will get pp with stamp in 2 months from that line.if all tests are negative u will be through

D

Daniel_Daniel

Hi Sameer,
hi Chitre, I have submitted my application for a visitor visa on March 3 and got a request to attend embassy medicals and the same was completed and sent back to embassy on March 20. Just today I have received an email from embassy saying that they have requested for medical furtherance examination. But I am yet to receive the passport and the details of medical furtherance examination. Can you please let me know how long it might take to receive the passport?

can you please help.

sameerb

Apr 2, 2012
Daniel_Daniel said:
Hi Sameer,

can you please help.
hi very surprised in email they havent mention the requirement nevemine send them email and ask about that it may be sputum repeat x ray etc

D

Daniel_Daniel

Do you have any idea how long it might take to grant the visitor visa once I complete the additional medicals? Since my spouse visa who is in canada right now is expiring in 6 months, I need to accompany him as soon as possible..will this is be considered by the embassy while reviewing my case?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
chitre.raunak said:
Hi,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
After the med furtherance stand cleared u r likely to receive ur PRV under Medical Surveillance. Pls read below:

qorax said:
1. The Med Surv process takes enormous time to clear-off... over 4-6 months.
2. U have to report to a specialized Health Clinic [not all clinics handle Med Surv cases].
3. Most likely u got the Med Surv due to inactive Tb... the process here'd be same as u did while the meds furtherance came-in.
4. Yes, ucan report to that clinic asap, after landing.
5. U'd be taking some initial tests [like the sputum swab] & they'd give u referral dates.
6. U aren't required to stay-put in Canada in the meanwhile... u can return to the US.
7. However, u'd be required to report to the same clinic on the referred dates !
8. The process is long... and when the clinic finds u 'cured' -- they'd provide a clean-chit [online reporting to Health Canada].
9. This report remains permanently in your records here.
10. Yes, the PR Cards would sill arrive - even if u don't report to the clinic.
11. For reEntering Canada from the US u don't require the PR cards, if u take a pvt conveyance, by road.
12. If u never report to the/any clinic u'd receive a summons from Health Canada over a pd of time.
13. Unless u report - your free healthcare would be in abeyance [except emergency care].
14. Ditto for the Med Cards... they'd be on hold.

Good luck !
Qorax

D

Daniel_Daniel

Hi Qorax, There was a fibre scar in my chset x-ray when I first attended the embassy medicals and below is the situation now:

Do you have any idea how long it might take to grant the visitor visa once I complete the medical furtherance examination? Since my spouse visa who is in canada right now is expiring in 6 months, I need to accompany him as soon as possible..will this is be considered by the embassy while reviewing my case?

Please help.

chitre.raunak

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
New Jersey
NOC Code......
Hi Qorax,

I have received the following email from the HC after submission of the repeat medical tests ( medical furtherance ):

"We have received satisfactory medical results for you. Your application will be finalized shortly. Please await our contact".

Does this mean that the results are good and that my visa application will be approved ?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
chitre.raunak said:
Hi Qorax,

I have received the following email from the HC after submission of the repeat medical tests ( medical furtherance ):

"We have received satisfactory medical results for you. Your application will be finalized shortly. Please await our contact".

Does this mean that the results are good and that my visa application will be approved ?
Yes, it seems very much so.