+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QORAX / PMM / SENIORS: Minor surgery after Medicals

Canlanding

Nov 2, 2012
Hello Seniors & Experts, I am new to this forum and I have a question. I had a minor hernia surgery after my medicals are done. I was out of the hospital in two days. I am very healthy now and my blood works after my surgery are absolutely normal. Last month I received my visa and COPR. In the letter attached, it says that if there is any *SIGNIFICANT* change in health or physical condition, we should inform visa office before entering Canada.

The doctor said that mine is a minor surgery. Is mine a significant change that should be reported? Please advice.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Canlanding said:
Hello Seniors & Experts, I am new to this forum and I have a question. I had a minor hernia surgery after my medicals are done. I was out of the hospital in two days. I am very healthy now and my blood works after my surgery are absolutely normal. Last month I received my visa and COPR. In the letter attached, it says that if there is any *SIGNIFICANT* change in health or physical condition, we should inform visa office before entering Canada.

The doctor said that mine is a minor surgery. Is mine a significant change that should be reported? Please advice.
No action required now.
Just go ahead with ur 'landing' as usual. Once u r onto the POE interview (at the Canadian a/port) - pls inform the BSO that u had a 'minor Hernia surgery' on xyz date.

All the best!
Qorax

Canlanding

Nov 2, 2012
Qorax, wouldn't that cause any rejection at the PoE? Wouldn't that be too late to inform them? Please advice. Thank you so much for the quick response.

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canlanding said:

Hi,
Can u write the name of surgery,wht type of hernia was it.

Canlanding

Nov 2, 2012
qorax said:
No action required now.
Just go ahead with ur 'landing' as usual. Once u r onto the POE interview (at the Canadian a/port) - pls inform the BSO that u had a 'minor Hernia surgery' on xyz date.

All the best!
Qorax
By the way, what is BSO? Border Security Officer?

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canlanding said:
Hi art2012, it was Inguinal Hernia (non-laparoscopic).

Thank you.

Hi,

u need not mention anything while landing at port of entry,immigration officers kw nothing abt these medical things n they can complicate ur landing.

My advice,dont tell anything at border.finish landing n inform ur family physcian only when u see for first time n remember u need not highlight that it happened b4 landing after medicals.

Did the surgical wound healed well or does it require further assesment?pls ans this to guide u further.

Rgds,
Art.

Canlanding

Nov 2, 2012
In CIC website under IMMIGRATION MEDICAL EXAMINATION INSTRUCTIONS (IMEI), I found a listing named "LIST OF IMEIs RELATED TO CONDITIONS OF SIGNIFICANCE". Does this SIGNIFICANCE has any relevance to the word "SIGNIFICANT" as received in my COPR (If there is any SIGNIFICANT change in your health or physical condition, you should inform visa office). If they both are relevant, then I don't have to bother because, my surgery is not mentioned in this list.

cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/index.asp

Qorax, I am not trying to bypass your advice here. I am just afraid about any further delays this could cause and was wondering if CIC has any rules about this. Hope you understand my situation.

Thank you.

Canlanding

Nov 2, 2012
art2012 said:
Hi,

u need not mention anything while landing at port of entry,immigration officers kw nothing abt these medical things n they can complicate ur landing.

My advice,dont tell anything at border.finish landing n inform ur family physcian only when u see for first time n remember u need not highlight that it happened b4 landing after medicals.

Did the surgical wound healed well or does it require further assesment?pls ans this to guide u further.

Rgds,
Art.

Art, thank you for the response. There is a slight trace of suture mark (a faded line) and slight pain lasting for few seconds some days. I checked with my surgeon and he said, I am doing great and he even granted me permission for trekking. He said, the reason for the mild pain now and then is because of the mesh they have placed inside for stronger support. He said, after couple months even that will be gone.

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canlanding said:
Art, thank you for the response. There is a slight trace of suture mark (a faded line) and slight pain lasting for few seconds some days. I checked with my surgeon and he said, I am doing great and he even granted me permission for trekking. He said, the reason for the mild pain now and then is because of the mesh they have placed inside for stronger support. He said, after couple months even that will be gone.

Dont take any stress,no need to reveal at the port of entry.
Remember u sdnt land in emergency in hospital with delayed wound healing or post surgery complications,plan landing only after 2mths of surgery,ideal

Above all,as a doctor i can say that hernia surgery doesnt cause significant health change to inform cic immediately.

Good luck.

Rgds,
Art

Canlanding

Nov 2, 2012
art2012 said:
Dont take any stress,no need to reveal at the port of entry.
Remember u sdnt land in emergency in hospital with delayed wound healing or post surgery complications,plan landing only after 2mths of surgery,ideal

Above all,as a doctor i can say that hernia surgery doesnt cause significant health change to inform cic immediately.

Good luck.

Rgds,
Art
Art, thanks for the quick and detailed response. I am already more than 3 months after surgery. Thanks for regaining my confidence level.