+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qorax, Leon, PMM, Senior Members, All Members, Pls Guide Me

dubey

Mar 8, 2010
Hello great members, Seniors, Experienced Members, Qorax, Leon, PMM and all Members.
I am very new on this forum and really need your help and guidance.
1.I am an accountant, I had 4years work experience from a private firm in Nigeria.
2.I studied Accountant in a polytechnic in Nigeria and had OND accountancy degree from there
3. I then proceeded to a university to study B.Sc in Economics
4.I am currently doing my Masters degree in International Business in the U.K
5.My elder brother is a canadian citizen
6.I plan to sit for IELTS test, just to be on a safer side and don't let the IO decide my test of english language based on assumption.
7. My age is 30years
8. I currently have just £10,000 pounds in my personal account.

Now, my questions are these: I am familiar with the old application process whereby one gathers all their documents and send to their visa office. I am totally confused about the new application process/
A. Do I just gather all 'my original documents' and send to Sydney and they will inturn forward it to london u.k (my visa office) once sydney approve it? or do i only send a photocopy of all these documents, wait for sydney to approve then send originals to london u.k? This is really giving me sleepless nights. Pls guide me through. I am so confused. I read on the CIC website that I need to submit to Sydney and then wait for 120days letter to re-submit to london u.k visa office. This is so confusing. Am I missing something?
B. How about my academic transcripts? I know with the old system, they must be addressed to the high commission in the u.k and sealed & stamped. With the new rules, who do my schools address the transcripts to? Sydney(Nova Scotia) or London high commission or to nobody in particular? Pls help.

C. Do I need to obtain my transcripts from the polytechnic too or my first degree (BSc) and Masters degree(MSc) will suffice?

You would have saved someone's life by replying to my post.
Your comments are appreciated.
Anyone can reply.
Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Immigration : Permanent Resident -Federal Skilled Worker [FSW]

Hi Dubey,

I assume that u want to apply as a FSW w/out AEO. With the new 'fast track' processing system, u send the Apps + Processing Fees + some Docs [only] to the CIO-NS initially. Thereafter, once u get the AOR + 120 days letter, u send the complete docs + Copies of One Set of the 'original' apps to the local Visa Office. And wait for further instructions. For more info look below...

Instruction Guide [IMM EG7000]
For details & complete procedure on the above plz refer to the CIC Instruction Guide here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

Application Forms
The full set of application forms are given here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF

FAQ Thread on this Forum
A very useful FAQ thread on the PR process is initiated by member 'maaties' on this very forum here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/faq-t13225.0.html

Recent Thread on Initial Application:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-advice-t36175.0.html

Process in a Nutshell
The entire FSW work Flow Chart [in a nutshell] goes this way:

Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Eligibility Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter > Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Qualitative Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Progress" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D > Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" > Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > e-Cas: "Completed" > Landing at the POE.

Hope that helps.
Qorax.

dubey

Mar 8, 2010
You made my day qorax. Thanks
Could you pls reply my PM message anytime you are free?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dubey said:
Hello great members, Seniors, Experienced Members, Qorax, Leon, PMM and all Members.
I am very new on this forum and really need your help and guidance.
1.I am an accountant, I had 4years work experience from a private firm in Nigeria.
2.I studied Accountant in a polytechnic in Nigeria and had OND accountancy degree from there
3. I then proceeded to a university to study B.Sc in Economics
4.I am currently doing my Masters degree in International Business in the U.K
5.My elder brother is a canadian citizen
6.I plan to sit for IELTS test, just to be on a safer side and don't let the IO decide my test of english language based on assumption.
7. My age is 30years
8. I currently have just £10,000 pounds in my personal account.

Now, my questions are these: I am familiar with the old application process whereby one gathers all their documents and send to their visa office. I am totally confused about the new application process/
A. Do I just gather all 'my original documents' and send to Sydney and they will inturn forward it to london u.k (my visa office) once sydney approve it? or do i only send a photocopy of all these documents, wait for sydney to approve then send originals to london u.k? This is really giving me sleepless nights. Pls guide me through. I am so confused. I read on the CIC website that I need to submit to Sydney and then wait for 120days letter to re-submit to london u.k visa office. This is so confusing. Am I missing something?
B. How about my academic transcripts? I know with the old system, they must be addressed to the high commission in the u.k and sealed & stamped. With the new rules, who do my schools address the transcripts to? Sydney(Nova Scotia) or London high commission or to nobody in particular? Pls help.

C. Do I need to obtain my transcripts from the polytechnic too or my first degree (BSc) and Masters degree(MSc) will suffice?

You would have saved someone's life by replying to my post.
Your comments are appreciated.
Anyone can reply.
Thanks
A. You need to send the forms only the forms to SYDNEY, CIO. Always goto www.cic.ga.ca for latest information as they keep on changing it and I have been a victim of it. There is a check list for CIO as well and you have to gather documents according to it.

B. Once you get an approval (Now days they send email) from CIO, they will instruct you to send full file to Local Visa Office which if you choose will be London in your case.

C. You need to arrange for Transcripts for only degrees and it should address to Canadian High Commission and should be in university sealed envelope.

dubey

Mar 8, 2010
I am very grateful to you Qorax and Rocky272727. You people are so kind.
Qorax, i got your PM mail .

Do you think i should obtain the police clearance certificate now or wait for the approval from Sydney. Bear in mind that i have lived in nigeria before therefore i would need one from there and also remember a PCC is also good for 3months. I personally thought I should wait for the first stage approval and when i get the AOR then proceed to apply for the nigerian PCC but another thing is that it takes ages to collect a PCC from nigeria. What do you suggest Qorax? Rocky272727 do mind if i ask for your own opinion too?
Thanks a lot.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I suggest start working for the PCCs asap. Nigeria might not come thru at all. U'll need to find another way around that. But, if it does, I'd take it as a bonus.

The other PCCs will have a validity period, but that stands accepted if it was issued a few months before u submitted them to the CHC. However, if while sending the 2nd stage docs u don't have the PCCs [though nothing serious], u'll loose your timeframe. It'd get u unnecessary additional BF'Ds.

oceana

Star Member
May 12, 2009
Its pretty straightforward getting PCCs from Nigeria, and you can get them done in a couple of days. U don't even need to pay any middleman, you get it direct from the source. You'll only need to get a reliable friend in lagos to the postings to you.