+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

qorax can you please help with my question on experience

Econguru

Sep 2, 2011
Hi qorax

I am little confused whether my experience qualifies me to apply as a skilled worker.

I know you have lot of experience and can definitely help with this question.

I have work experience in one of the NOCs for 6 months.

Then I moved to another country and had a break of 5 months before starting work in the same NOC category as before. I have 9 months experience in that country.

In total I have 15 months experience. Do I qualify for the federal skilled immigration.

If possible, please PM me at ns.raikot@gmail.com
Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Econguru said:
Hi qorax

I am little confused whether my experience qualifies me to apply as a skilled worker.

I know you have lot of experience and can definitely help with this question.

I have work experience in one of the NOCs for 6 months.

Then I moved to another country and had a break of 5 months before starting work in the same NOC category as before. I have 9 months experience in that country.

In total I have 15 months experience. Do I qualify for the federal skilled immigration.

If possible, please PM me at ns.raikot @ gmail.com
Thanks
For your application to be eligible for processing, you must:

-have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
-have one year of continuous full-time paid work experience in at least one of the occupations listed in the MI, OR
-be an international student enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months) and meet certain criteria

Econguru

Sep 2, 2011
Thank you very much for the reply, qorax.

Your reply clearly specifies the criteria to apply as skilled worker under one of the three categories.

Just to make sure ( that I do not qualify because of discontinuity in my experience), please clarify what does CIC mean by

"part-time equivalent of full-time work experience (does this part-time equivalent has to be continuous?)

Thanks.

C

canadarulez

Its based on the working hours that you have at your part-time position. Full time in most countries is 8 hours a day or 40 hours per week (this is a bit less in Canada), so if you work 4 hours (part-time) a day it means that you will need 2 continuous years of work experience to be counted as 1 year full time.