+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qorax,Bobby B plz help!!!!!

TomDick

Oct 23, 2009
Hi,
I need you seniors help in order to calculate my education points .Plz help n advise.

Secondary School Certificate : 10 yrs
Fellow of Science (F.Sc) : 2 yrs
Bachelor Of Science(B.Sc)(incomplete) 2 yrs
(Unfortunately was not able to complete B.Sc and missed one paper so no degree certificate was granted.)
HNC from UK : 2 yrs
LI Ceram from Institute oF materials :
I need to know will CIC award me any points for my LI Ceram as well.
Please respond and help
Thanks n regards

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TomDick said:
Hi,
I need you seniors help in order to calculate my education points .Plz help n advise.

Secondary School Certificate : 10 yrs
Fellow of Science (F.Sc) : 2 yrs
Bachelor Of Science(B.Sc)(incomplete) 2 yrs
(Unfortunately was not able to complete B.Sc and missed one paper so no degree certificate was granted.)
HNC from UK : 2 yrs
LI Ceram from Institute oF materials :
I need to know will CIC award me any points for my LI Ceram as well.
Please respond and help
Thanks n regards
20 Points.

Read the extract here:

Education

For definition of terms, see Section 6.3.
Officers should assess programs of study and award points based on the standards that exist in
the country of study. The Regulations do not provide for comparisons to Canadian educational
standards;
If the applicant has an educational credential referred to in a particular paragraph in R78(2) but
not the total number of years of study required by that paragraph, officers should award the
number of points set out in the paragraph that refers to the number of years of study completed by the applicant [R78(4)].

Example: 1. If an applicant has a master's degree, but only 16 years of education, an officer would go down to the category for which the applicant meets the total number of years and, using this example, award 22 points;

Example: 2. If an applicant has a four-year bachelor's degree and 16 years of education, an officer would award 20 points, as a single two, three, or four-year university credential at the bachelor's level, combined with at least 14 years of full-time study, is worth 20 points;

Note: Medical doctor degrees are generally first-level university credentials, in the same way that a
Bachelor of Law or a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacology is a first level, albeit “professional”
degree and should be awarded 20 points. If it is a second-level degree and if, for example, it
belongs to a Faculty of Graduate Studies, 25 points may be awarded. If a bachelor's credential is a prerequisite to the credential, but the credential itself is still considered a first-level degree, then
22 points would be appropriate. It is important to refer to how the local authority responsible for educational institutions recognizes the credential: i.e., as a first-level or second-level or higher
university credential.

Pursuant to R77, officers should award points for the credential and years of study that the
applicant has completed at the time the application is made. If further study is completed and
documentation submitted between application and assessment, officers must award the points for the highest educational credential obtained at the time of assessment.
A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e., three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected.
Pursuant to R78, officers should assess the application and award the applicant up to a maximum
of 25 points for education as follows:

Credential and number of years of education Points

Secondary school has not been completed (i.e., no diploma obtained) and the 0
applicant has no trade or apprenticeship educational credentials

Secondary school educational credential 5

One year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 12
credential, and at least 12 years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent
studies

One year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 15
educational credential, and at least 13 years of completed full-time or full-time
equivalent studies

One year university educational credential at the bachelor's level, and at least 13 15
years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

Two year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 20
educational credential, and at least 14 years of completed full-time or full-time
equivalent studies

A university educational credential of two years or more at the bachelor's level, 20
and at least 14 years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

Three year post-secondary educational credential, other than a university 22
educational credential, and at least 15 years of completed full-time or full-time
equivalent studies

Two or more university educational credentials at the bachelor's level and at 22
least 15 years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

University educational credential at the master's or doctoral level and at least 17 25
years of completed full-time or full-time equivalent studies

ersum_max

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2009
Doc's Request.
15-02-2010
AOR Received.
07-10-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted.
File Transfer...
transferred to LA Oct-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Interview........
Waived.
Hello BobbyB,

Thanks for such elaborated description, but I am still confused.

Here are my details please help me calculate my points for education.

High School: 10 years
Higher Secondary: 2 Years
Bachelor of engineering: 4 years
Along with it I have 1 Year Industrial training/Classroom teaching certificate in Nuclear Science issued by Indian Gov top Notch organization.

will it award me 22 points?

Regards,
Max :-X