+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qorax and seniors ... please advice ( Driving Licence in Toronto)

FFFF

Jan 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 2007
Doc's Request.
November 2009 sent in Feb 2010
Med's Request
18 August 2010
Med's Done....
15 Sept 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16 March 2011 and sent on 19 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
26 MAY 2011 ( Visa Stamped 18 May 2011 )
LANDED..........
Landed on 25 June 2011
Dear Qorax and seniors;
During my landing time in Toronto, I applied for a driving test. At the counter, I showed the officer my UAE driving license that is issued almost 9.5 years back. Unfortunately my family name was not there in English, so they requested me to get a letter from UAE embassy stating that this license belongs to me with my full name. the time was so tight... the good thing that I had also the Jordanian driving license which was issues 13 years back. I passed the written exam and because of showing my Jordanian License, I got G1.... I informed them that I have been driving for more than 13 years; they asked for the driving experience letter. Few days ago I renewed my UAE driving license and now it shows my family name. My question, does it work if I submit to them the driving experience letter from Abu Dhabi and present the UAE driving license instead of the Jordanian... Please advice

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I too have a Saudi valid Licence since 1986 and it did not work for straight G2. They issued me G1 and eventually after road test a G2.
However you can try.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
FFFF said:
Dear Qorax and seniors;
During my landing time in Toronto, I applied for a driving test. At the counter, I showed the officer my UAE driving license that is issued almost 9.5 years back. Unfortunately my family name was not there in English, so they requested me to get a letter from UAE embassy stating that this license belongs to me with my full name. the time was so tight... the good thing that I had also the Jordanian driving license which was issues 13 years back. I passed the written exam and because of showing my Jordanian License, I got G1.... I informed them that I have been driving for more than 13 years; they asked for the driving experience letter. Few days ago I renewed my UAE driving license and now it shows my family name. My question, does it work if I submit to them the driving experience letter from Abu Dhabi and present the UAE driving license instead of the Jordanian... Please advice
Replied to u in the "Driving License" thread of mine...