+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QC driver's license from USA

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Has anyone gone through the process of exchanging their license for a QC one with SAAQ? Apparently I will need to setup an appointment, cannot simply show up at SAAQ, is this true?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Has anyone gone through the process of exchanging their license for a QC one with SAAQ? Apparently I will need to setup an appointment, cannot simply show up at SAAQ, is this true?
Yes. This is true. I learned it hard way :)

I showed up at nearest SAAQ and after 45 min standing in line I was told to take appointment by calling. I think I got appt at SAAQ@henri bourassa

bafonso

Jan 21, 2017
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes. This is true. I learned it hard way :)

I showed up at nearest SAAQ and after 45 min standing in line I was told to take appointment by calling. I think I got appt at SAAQ@henri bourassa
Thanks for the heads up, saves me quite a bit of time. Did you need to provide a driving history from US? My goal was to swap my US license. How did it take you to get the license in the end?

I want to open an account with Tangerine but they won't let me until I have any form of photo ID issued by Canada so COPR doesn't work :(

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Thanks for the heads up, saves me quite a bit of time. Did you need to provide a driving history from US? My goal was to swap my US license. How did it take you to get the license in the end?

I want to open an account with Tangerine but they won't let me until I have any form of photo ID issued by Canada so COPR doesn't work :(
I did this exercise in 2015 when I went to Quebec on work permit. Things are little hazy. :)

No. I did not provide driving history from CT, USA. CT is one of the USA states that has some sort of driving license exchange agreement with QC. License exchange was straight forward after appointment.

Interesting that Tangerine is asking for Canadian photo ID. Perhaps it's because Tangerine allows you to open account online. Scotia accepted my foreign Passport/USA DL as ID proof but I had to visit physical location to get things done.

Reactions: dora115