+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qatar PCC - Tricky Situation

Sirisha Chaitanya

Jan 29, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Good Day!

I got my ITA on 22 Feb 2017 and filed my PR on 26 April 2017.

I resided in Qatar from 11 November 2011 - 08 April 2015. I have applied for PCC and got it within a month from the Embassy of Qatar, Abudhabi, UAE.

Here comes the tricky part, Initially I entered Qatar on a e-business visa and continued my stay i.e. from 11 Nov 2011 - 24 Jan 2012. I got my work permit on 25 Jan 2012, now to my surprise Qatar authorities have issued a PCC based on work permit dates i.e. from 25 Jan 2012 - 08 April 2015. My worry is all about the initial days where I was on business visa. Will that be a problem, Can I explain the immigration officer if asked.

What should I do?

Please guide me.

Thank you,
Chaitanya

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a high chance of rejection due to this issue

You can try explaining them but they are very strict on PCC related stuff

Rocky127

May 18, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, I know someone (in my whatsapp group) who got rejected recently due to 1 week difference and in your case its 2 months

Sirisha Chaitanya

Jan 29, 2017
Also, I know someone (in my whatsapp group) who got rejected recently due to 1 week difference and in your case its 2 months
Qatar PCC is issued to only those who are on Residence Permit. They do not consider people who are on e-business visa as residents. Since, my initial two months was on e-business visa, they have issued from the day I got my residence permit. Will this explanation not be sufficient to the Immigration officer.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
Qatar PCC is issued to only those who are on Residence Permit. They do not consider people who are on e-business visa as residents. Since, my initial two months was on e-business visa, they have issued from the day I got my residence permit. Will this explanation not be sufficient to the Immigration officer.
CIC website doesn't mention anything like that.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/mid-east/qatar.asp

Check this forum to see what other people have done. It is learnt from the forum that CSE is not reaching VO on time these days. So you could either wait till the result or alternatively, if you have enough points, you could withdraw your application, and resubmit it with correct explanation/documents.

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a similar but different proble with my wife's pcc from qatar. Her DOB in qatar pcc is incorrect. When she was in qatar over 15 years ago, she had incorrect DOB on her passport and qatar's visa. She later changed her DOB on her passport and she has paperwork to show that. She even has a copy of her qatar visa showing incorrect DOB. Qatar wont issue a pcc with her corrected dob. They will only issue one with dob in their file. Will this be an issue, if i provide an LOE with explanation and proper paperwork?

Gini

Mar 19, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
Med's Done....
06-04-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
To OP: I don't think this is such a big deal. In your travel history, you will list 11 Nov 2011 - 24 Jan 2012 as a business trip to Qatar. Which is exactly what it was. In your address history/personal history/work history (can't remember how this went exactly), you will list your address until 24 Jan 2012 in whatever country it was (not Qatar, you were just there on a business trip). Then from Jan 25 onwards, you list a Qatari address in your address history until 8 April 2015. For people who relocated multiple times, like myself, this is not really uncommon. Just make sure the dates add up. And if really there is a discrepancy with a work start date or something like that, then just explain this in LOE with copies of business visa etc. Again, I don't think this would be such a big problem if explained properly and with supporting documents.

Canada_dreamer: Give up on Qatar issuing a new PCC, they just won't. Just provide LOE with all the documents to back it up that she changed her DOB etc. That should be fine.

Reactions: canada_dreamer

Sirisha Chaitanya

Jan 29, 2017
To OP: I don't think this is such a big deal. In your travel history, you will list 11 Nov 2011 - 24 Jan 2012 as a business trip to Qatar. Which is exactly what it was. In your address history/personal history/work history (can't remember how this went exactly), you will list your address until 24 Jan 2012 in whatever country it was (not Qatar, you were just there on a business trip). Then from Jan 25 onwards, you list a Qatari address in your address history until 8 April 2015. For people who relocated multiple times, like myself, this is not really uncommon. Just make sure the dates add up. And if really there is a discrepancy with a work start date or something like that, then just explain this in LOE with copies of business visa etc. Again, I don't think this would be such a big problem if explained properly and with supporting documents.

Canada_dreamer: Give up on Qatar issuing a new PCC, they just won't. Just provide LOE with all the documents to back it up that she changed her DOB etc. That should be fine.
Thank you for the information and for whoever has worked in Qatar, they have this issue w.r.t PCC. I spoke to one of my colleague who resides in Alberta and he was of the same opinion.

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi...​
even i'm facing same:eek:..
between 5th Aug 2014 and 17th Nov2017 I visited Qatar 5 times on business visa and cumulatively stayed 15months...each time less than 90days...
now I'm clueless on how to proceed as my mail to Qatar embassy didn't get any response and when my brother visited the CID office,they refused stating that PCC can't be issued...:(
--
I'm trying to get a letter stating 'pcc cannot be issued as I was not a residence permit holder

krishnan_vinod

Jun 24, 2017
Qatar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Med's Done....
05/07/2017
Hello Everyone,

Good Day!

I got my ITA on 22 Feb 2017 and filed my PR on 26 April 2017.

I resided in Qatar from 11 November 2011 - 08 April 2015. I have applied for PCC and got it within a month from the Embassy of Qatar, Abudhabi, UAE.

Here comes the tricky part, Initially I entered Qatar on a e-business visa and continued my stay i.e. from 11 Nov 2011 - 24 Jan 2012. I got my work permit on 25 Jan 2012, now to my surprise Qatar authorities have issued a PCC based on work permit dates i.e. from 25 Jan 2012 - 08 April 2015. My worry is all about the initial days where I was on business visa. Will that be a problem, Can I explain the immigration officer if asked.

What should I do?

Please guide me.

Thank you,
Chaitanya

Hello Chaitanya,

I am also facing a similar situation now. I had been to Qatar Twice on a business visa before I got my residency permit from 22/01/2016.
CEID issued me a PCC starting from 22/01/2016. The previous period of stay in business visa was omitted in the PCC.
I have no idea on how to go about it. My emails to CEID did not receive any reply.

How did you get yours corrected?
Kindly advise

Regards
Vinod

Last edited:

krishnan_vinod

Jun 24, 2017
Qatar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Med's Done....
05/07/2017
Hi...​
even i'm facing same:eek:..
between 5th Aug 2014 and 17th Nov2017 I visited Qatar 5 times on business visa and cumulatively stayed 15months...each time less than 90days...
now I'm clueless on how to proceed as my mail to Qatar embassy didn't get any response and when my brother visited the CID office,they refused stating that PCC can't be issued...:(
--
I'm trying to get a letter stating 'pcc cannot be issued as I was not a residence permit holder
Hi Lino,

I have received AOR on 28/05/2017.

I had been to Qatar on business visa twice before my Residency Permit was stamped, starting from 23/08/2014 to 17/08/2014 & 18/08/2015 to 16/01/2016.

My residency permit is from 22/01/2016 - 22/01/2018.
CEID has issued me a PCC starting from 22/01/2016 (date of residency permit). I also got it stamped from MOFA.

The period of stay in business visa is not covered in this. This can cause a chance of rejection. I visited their Salwa road office requesting for a PCC with my entire period of stay. The Arabic guys in the reception neither understood my request nor they replied in English.

Do you know any firms (typing centers) which are providing PCC services?

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
No,I do not know any such agencies...
however,as you are already having a pcc for a period which is later than your unaccounted period of stay,I feel it should be alright if you can obtain a letter from Qatar cid / police stating that they can't issue pcc for the said period as you were not a resident...
write an application showing purpose and submit,keep a copy with you so that you can upload that along with a letter of explanation...I know they are issuing such letter of refusal upon gentle persuasion...

Reactions: krishnan_vinod

krishnan_vinod

Jun 24, 2017
Qatar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Med's Done....
05/07/2017
No,I do not know any such agencies...
however,as you are already having a pcc for a period which is later than your unaccounted period of stay,I feel it should be alright if you can obtain a letter from Qatar cid / police stating that they can't issue pcc for the said period as you were not a resident...
write an application showing purpose and submit,keep a copy with you so that you can upload that along with a letter of explanation...I know they are issuing such letter of refusal upon gentle persuasion...
Thank you for the update!
I will try for the letter from CEID for refusal of PCC for my stay in the business visa.
Did they provide you the refusal letter?

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
Thank you for the update!
I will try for the letter from CEID for refusal of PCC for my stay in the business visa.
Did they provide you the refusal letter?
presently I'm residing in India and my brother had approached CEID...
they asked to get a fingerprint certificate from home country police department duly attested by Indian Embassy @ Doha to issue me such a letter....Indian embassy at the outset refused assistance and now I have obtained the fingerprint certificate from State Police & also got a letter from member of Parliament to ambassador seeking his help...I got the letter from MP yesterday only ....now I shall send it through by brother to get my FP ctft attested & then approach CID Dept...
--
In your case since RP was issued,they have e the fingerprint record with them already and the steps will not be required at all....but you might plead well with the officer / Captain in charge to get such a letter issued....they do it for immigration purpose....but don't quote someone told you....request them saying upon communication CIC asked you to produce the letter....if you say another expat told you they might get irritated as they are not bound to do it & will feel we take things for granted,and are dictating them their duties....;)

Reactions: krishnan_vinod

krishnan_vinod

Jun 24, 2017
Qatar
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
Med's Done....
05/07/2017
presently I'm residing in India and my brother had approached CEID...
they asked to get a fingerprint certificate from home country police department duly attested by Indian Embassy @ Doha to issue me such a letter....Indian embassy at the outset refused assistance and now I have obtained the fingerprint certificate from State Police & also got a letter from member of Parliament to ambassador seeking his help...I got the letter from MP yesterday only ....now I shall send it through by brother to get my FP ctft attested & then approach CID Dept...
--
In your case since RP was issued,they have e the fingerprint record with them already and the steps will not be required at all....but you might plead well with the officer / Captain in charge to get such a letter issued....they do it for immigration purpose....but don't quote someone told you....request them saying upon communication CIC asked you to produce the letter....if you say another expat told you they might get irritated as they are not bound to do it & will feel we take things for granted,and are dictating them their duties....;)

Agree with you 100%
I will try requesting to them. CEID office is closed till tomorrow.
Why don't you come on a visit visa and go to CEID directly. You can get PCC issued easily i guess.
Sometimes sending your finger print and getting it attested etc will consume more time.
One expat faced this problem after he left Qatar (for his wife's PCC time consumed was around 2-3 months).