+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Qatar PCC for Visit Visa Period

Mar 30, 2018
Hello All

Need an urgent advise on how to solve a tricky case relating to my wife's Qatar PCC for migrating to Canada.
My wife had a visit visa when she landed in qatar which she directly converted to residence visa after 4 months. Now we have got the PCC from CEID Qatar but the start date mentioned is from the date she became resident. Went to CEID office multiple times and met Mr Jamal who is rejecting our request for changing the PCC start date to first landing date because my wife had an exit from qatar for a week during visit visa period. Kindly advise if any of the member has successfully got the PCC for similar case. My consultant is advising us to submit with the PCC we got with an LOE but there is no assurance that our case will be considered by the visa officer of Canada.

joelfernandes

Feb 22, 2018
Hello All

Need an urgent advise on how to solve a tricky case relating to my wife's Qatar PCC for migrating to Canada.
My wife had a visit visa when she landed in qatar which she directly converted to residence visa after 4 months. Now we have got the PCC from CEID Qatar but the start date mentioned is from the date she became resident. Went to CEID office multiple times and met Mr Jamal who is rejecting our request for changing the PCC start date to first landing date because my wife had an exit from qatar for a week during visit visa period. Kindly advise if any of the member has successfully got the PCC for similar case. My consultant is advising us to submit with the PCC we got with an LOE but there is no assurance that our case will be considered by the visa officer of Canada.
You best bet might be to file for a PCC with CEID for the visit visa period alone. Was it a business visa ?
You can apply for that period with visa number as reference
The plus side for your situation is that she has already had her finger prints taken.

Mar 30, 2018
Thanks Joel for the response. She was on a visit visa which I got it converted to residence permit. CEID officer told me to contact Gharaffa immigration office to get some landing certificate but this will not suffice the PCC requirement.

joelfernandes

Feb 22, 2018
Thanks Joel for the response. She was on a visit visa which I got it converted to residence permit. CEID officer told me to contact Gharaffa immigration office to get some landing certificate but this will not suffice the PCC requirement.
You could get in touch with a legal firm to arrange the PCC for that duration. I’m sure I read a few members on the forum with similar issues as CEID only issues the certificates from RP start date and most conver their visas post landing.
I’d suggest contacting a legal firm to do it - if they can’t do it then LOE might be the only recourse.
Do drop an update as to how it pans out.
Quite a few are facing the problem of the PCC on the business visa

Luca2018

Dec 6, 2017
Dubai
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05-2017
Nomination.....
23-08-2017
AOR Received.
08-11-2017
Med's Done....
03-11-2017
Passport Req..
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2019
Hello All

With Reference to the above query, I have submitted the PCC which is covering only my RP period and from the GCMS note i came to know that i passed my criminality check. In my case, i mentioned the scenario in Letter of explanation and provided a detailed address history and in the address history i have mentioned my status as visitor and RP for the corresponding periods. Along with this i have submitted all pages of my passports including visit visa stamped page.

Please go through the latest update by IRCC on PCC requirement, link is provided below
IRCC updates police certificates requirement for Express Entry -
https://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-police-certificates-requirement-for-express-entry.html

Sonu84

Jun 3, 2018
With Reference to the above query, I have submitted the PCC which is covering only my RP period and from the GCMS note i came to know that i passed my criminality check. In my case, i mentioned the scenario in Letter of explanation and provided a detailed address history and in the address history i have mentioned my status as visitor and RP for the corresponding periods. Along with this i have submitted all pages of my passports including visit visa stamped page.

Please go through the latest update by IRCC on PCC requirement, link is provided below
IRCC updates police certificates requirement for Express Entry -
https://www.canadavisa.com/news/ircc-updates-police-certificates-requirement-for-express-entry.html
Hi Luca2018, if you dont mind, can you PM your contact number to this watsapp ( 70710494) . My husband also in same boat and would like to talk to you.

joelfernandes

Feb 22, 2018
Requesting for clairificantion with my Qatar PCC

For close to two years I was engaged with a firm in. Doha
The entire tenure of my employment has been on multiple business visa(10 nos)

I have never stayed in the country for more than 3 months in a row
I have always exited and returned for the two year period

I do have a statement of the entry and exit for each visa from the Borders and Passport control.

After extensive and exhaustive efforts to obtain a PCC from Qatar I have been given the following options from CEID

A PCC covering the duration of my last visit visa
A PCC covering the duration of my longest stay in Qatar

The updated PCC requirements on the CIC website state that any stay has to be 6 months in a row or longer only then a PCC is required.

Appreciate your guidance on the same as it’s do with PCC and criminality check for the PR

Mar 30, 2018
Thank you guys. Got my application approved. Now submitted passport for visa stamping. I attached loe with the application for not providing the complete pcc.

Reactions: scargee

Sonu84

Jun 3, 2018
Congrats Sreejith. This is good news for people who require Qatar PCC. If u could tell us what u had mentioned in LOE, would b helpful. Thanks n Best wishes for the new adventure.
Thank you guys. Got my application approved. Now submitted passport for visa stamping. I attached loe with the application for not providing the complete pcc.

Mar 30, 2018
I just explained in detail the history of entry and exits in qatar on visit visa and the reason why i am not attaching the pcc for visiting visa period. I told them inspite of several attempts i was not able to get the pcc per policy of qatar ceid. I attached the entry pages of passport during the visit visa period, the visit visa copies as a supporting.

smritiparwani

Dec 4, 2017
Dear All,

I am facing the same situation now. The date mentioned on Qatar PCC is the date I got my RP. After several attempts also, CEID is not ready to change this date.

Ashsha

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hi, I’m on my 7th month of the family visit visa. Before I exit the country next month, will I be able to get the FCC for my continuous stay in Qatar ? Does it work that way? I will be coming back on another visit in December.

Mar 30, 2018
Dear All,

I am facing the same situation now. The date mentioned on Qatar PCC is the date I got my RP. After several attempts also, CEID is not ready to change this date.
Ceid will not give pcc for visit visa. You need to submit letter of explanation enclosing the visit visa copies and mentioning on the rejection of pcc for tourist/visit visa

smritiparwani

Dec 4, 2017
Ceid will not give pcc for visit visa. You need to submit letter of explanation enclosing the visit visa copies and mentioning on the rejection of pcc for tourist/visit visa
Dear Sreejith,

Thanks for your quick reply. My husband visited ceid office and they asked him to get landing certificate from gharafa immigration (which states date I landed in qatar) for the date to be changed on qatar pcc. I was succesful in getting the same and we submitted this to ceid office. Now they say that this date in not enough, your certificaet should mention all you travel history since the date you landed in Qatar.

We will try again, if it doesnt work then we will go with your idea of explaining in LOE.