+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q3 Have youy applied for citizenship before please help :-)

bokke

Feb 22, 2013
I have applied in November but made a stupid mistake on the physical presence calculator in that I put the date of my PR one year back by accident (just on the calculator in the application i put the correct date). so they have returned my complete application with a letter saying that I was not a PR on the date entered in the presence calculator and that my application is refused and that i can reapply wight he correct information. I got a full refund (630$). So since I got a refund and my application was not returned due to being incomplete, I do not know how I should check the box on have i applied before. I have applied but was not processed since I got a full refund.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
I have applied in November but made a stupid mistake on the physical presence calculator in that I put the date of my PR one year back by accident (just on the calculator in the application i put the correct date). so they have returned my complete application with a letter saying that I was not a PR on the date entered in the presence calculator and that my application is refused and that i can reapply wight he correct information. I got a full refund (630$). So since I got a refund and my application was not returned due to being incomplete, I do not know how I should check the box on have i applied before. I have applied but was not processed since I got a full refund.
The officer who sent you your application back must have recorded the reason for refusal in their GCMS. So, I would suggest you to check ‘yes’. You’d not lose anything! The next officer/ person that will receive your application would just check to see; when did you apply and what was the reason for refusal.
If you check ‘no’, they’d assume that you’ve not been honest about it.
It’s not about the FEE refund; it’s about your attempt to apply for citizenship!

You may want to call IRCC tomorrow and get a clarification. Would you mind sharing your experience with us after?

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Thank You. Here is the letter if you can read anything out of it.

Thank you for sharing that CONFIDENTIAL letter.
I would advise to check ‘YES’. If you wish, you could draft a letter stating the reason for return of previous application and send it along with your application. Repeating what I had written in my previous post ; which is, They’d check in the system anyway.

Here is the number for IRCC:

To contact IRCC:
Call 1-888-242-2100,
option 4 (for citizenship) and then option 0 (to speak with an agent)

bokke

Feb 22, 2013
Thank you. That was my thought exactly because my application was not returned for being INCOMPLETE, but because upon their review I did not have enough days of physical presence and have made a mistake in the presence calculator. there was no missing documents for the application to be deemed incomplete. the CIT002 question 3 states to check NO only if the application was returned for being INCOMPLETE

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
Thank you. That was my thought exactly because my application was not returned for being INCOMPLETE, but because upon their review I did not have enough days of physical presence and have made a mistake in the presence calculator. there was no missing documents for the application to be deemed incomplete. the CIT002 question 3 states to check NO only if the application was returned for being INCOMPLETE
You’re welcome! Well done! Wishing you well. I will be around if you need help.

Reactions: bringiton

bokke

Feb 22, 2013
The officer who sent you your application back must have recorded the reason for refusal in their GCMS. So, I would suggest you to check ‘yes’. You’d not lose anything! The next officer/ person that will receive your application would just check to see; when did you apply and what was the reason for refusal.
If you check ‘no’, they’d assume that you’ve not been honest about it.
It’s not about the FEE refund; it’s about your attempt to apply for citizenship!

You may want to call IRCC tomorrow and get a clarification. Would you mind sharing your experience with us after?
You’re welcome! Well done! Wishing you well. I will be around if you need help.

Thank you for your advice and help . I will share if I get into any problems