+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q13 in citizenship application form

Dana.D

Star Member
Jul 24, 2017
I am having trouble answering Q13 in the citizenship application and i would appreciate your help. Below is my situation
- I was born in country X in which i have lived my entire life before coming to Canada. I am not a citizen of this country i just held a resident permit as a kid and then a work visa as an adult
- I have held a refugee travel document from country Y my entire life (which is mentioned as my nationality on PR card for some reason. Probably just because my travel documents are from this country)
- I acquired a passport (citizenship) from my original country Z after moving to Canada
So how do i fill Q13?
And for the country of birth what should i mention the expiry date of this status?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am having trouble answering Q13 in the citizenship application and i would appreciate your help. Below is my situation
- I was born in country X in which i have lived my entire life before coming to Canada. I am not a citizen of this country i just held a resident permit as a kid and then a work visa as an adult
- I have held a refugee travel document from country Y my entire life (which is mentioned as my nationality on PR card for some reason. Probably just because my travel documents are from this country)
- I acquired a passport (citizenship) from my original country Z after moving to Canada
So how do i fill Q13?
And for the country of birth what should i mention the expiry date of this status?
I believe you should include all three as countries where you had immigration status or citizenship.

If the status you had has an expiry date, put that. If it doesn't, put current. You'll have to use your judgment about whether the status or only the document expires. (For most countries, citizenship does not expire; other status types - depends).

If you think it needs explaining, include a short letter of explanation.