+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q for our veterans or knowledge people

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
So when when a applicant gets a Request for Additional Docs by an visa officer and he reads your file and makes a request for things he/she sees missing or insufficient proof etc, etc. Then once the Request is uploaded and satisfied, the documents get attached to the file and then it goes to "In queue for review by an immigration officer".
So my question is, is this a different higher-up Officer? A case analyst? A decision maker officer? Or SAME officer just BF'dating the file?
How does it work.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So when when a applicant gets a Request for Additional Docs by an visa officer and he reads your file and makes a request for things he/she sees missing or insufficient proof etc, etc. Then once the Request is uploaded and satisfied, the documents get attached to the file and then it goes to "In queue for review by an immigration officer".
So my question is, is this a different higher-up Officer? A case analyst? A decision maker officer? Or SAME officer just BF'dating the file?
How does it work.
I can only make a somewhat informed guess having worked in entirely different organisations (doing completely different things), and I'm not really sure this is useful speculation. But to some degree organisations are alike.

But I would assume as a default that it goes back to the same case analyst who requested it. (Barring staffing changes etc that resulted in a different officer getting assigned the file)

It might have been after a decision maker was consulted (or sent it back to the case analyst saying 'these parts are weak or missing'). That officer/analyst would review and once satisfied send it to the 'decision maker' for approval, with a recommendation.

There are lots of variations on this basic hierarchical decision-making approach, though, with tiered approval authorities and legal consultation (if there are legal issues), reviews by others, quality testing, etc.

But again, I'm not really clear how this helps or whether this is a useful line of inquiry.

Reactions: Phalos